[OP]
Nov 11, 2017
63 posts
78 upvotes

[Telus Mobility] [ON] Telus 25 GB Peace of mind Winback - 45$ YMMV

Retailer:
Telus Mobility
More offers from Telus Mobility
For anyone who missed the winback deal last year, they have it running again (Not sure how long). I recall previously, this plan was only offered to users that went to Freedom, this may still be the case as I am on Freedom. YMMV.

- I am located in Toronto, Ontario. I ported out of Telus about 3-4 months ago and got a callback today around 9 PM EST.
- 1-888-369-9826 is the number they call me from
- BOYD, no contract, no expiary
- I was with Telus but swapped to Freedom because of WFH, so didn't need much data
- Peace of Mind 25gb plan (Plan details attached in picture)
- Activation fee waved + First month free credit
- 37.5$ per line if you activate 2 lines or 30$ per line if you activate 3 lines
- They will ask for 2 pieces of ID to do a CREDIT CHECK

First deal post, go easy on me.

Below are instructions I took from @DizzyYak post from last year. CURRENT OFFER IS 55$ for 20GB. Minus 7.5$ for each additional line. Confirmed by myself and multiple users

How to get the offer if you are currently with Telus or Koodo
1. Setup a new Freedom prepaid or postpaid account. Prepaid is suggested as it doesn't involve a credit check. You can choose the cheapest plan they offer which is $9/month.
2. Port out your number to Freedom mobile using Freedom's online chat. Then wait for the "sorry to see you leave" email from Telus/Koodo
3. Call back into the toll free number to ask if you qualify for the win-back promotion offer. 1-866-369-9826 / 1-866-379-1963
4. Once your SIM card has shipped out, go to your Telus account online and port your Freedom number back into Telus

How to get the offer if you are with another provider
1. Setup a new Freedom prepaid or postpaid account. Prepaid is suggested as it doesn't involve a credit check. You can choose the cheapest plan they offer which is $9/month.
2. Setup a new Telus postpaid account (most people are picking the $75/20GB plan). This will invoke a credit check.
3. Port out your new Telus number to Freedom mobile using Freedom's online chat. Porting will take 1-3hours. Then wait for the "sorry to see you leave" email from Telus/Koodo
4. Call back into the toll free number to ask if you qualify for the win-back promotion offer. 1-888-369-9826
5. Once your SIM card has shipped out, go to your Telus account online and port your Freedom number back into Telus. It may take up to 48hours for your account to become active online.
6. Port in your real phone number to Telus
Images
  • telus.png
Last edited by allen104 on May 4th, 2021 9:02 pm, edited 11 times in total.
301 replies
Mar 11, 2014
57 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
Can I get this as a telus customer or do I have to leave first. I'm currently on 20 gb for 50 plan.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
20277 posts
824 upvotes
Shanghai, China
allen104 wrote: For anyone who missed the winback deal last year, they have it running again (Not sure how long). I recall previously, this plan was only offered to users that went to Freedom, this may still be the case as I am on Freedom. YMMV.

- 1-888-369-9826 is the number I got a call from
- I was with Telus but swapped to Freedom because of WFH, so didn't need much data
- Peace of Mind 25gb plan (Plan details attached in picture)
- Activation fee waved + First month free credit
- 37.5$ per line if you activate 2 lines or 30$ per line if you activate 4 lines

First deal post, go easy on me.
Where are you located?

When did you ported out?

When did Telus called you?
[OP]
Nov 11, 2017
63 posts
78 upvotes
I believe you would have to leave first as this is a Winback offer and may only be offered if you leave for Freedom (unconfirmed).
[OP]
Nov 11, 2017
63 posts
78 upvotes
Ah sorry, I knew I was missing something. I'll add it to OP.

1 . Toronto, Ontario
2. I ported out about 3-4 months ago
3. Telus called me tonight around 9 PM EST
Mar 3, 2018
67 posts
36 upvotes
How did you get $37.50/month for 2 lines? I got 2 lines before and was given a $5 discount per line.

EDIT: I found out that they upped the multi line discount! Guess I'll be making a call to Telus tomorrow.
Last edited by Cynderella on Apr 17th, 2021 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 25, 2009
805 posts
564 upvotes
This is an excellent deal for two lines.
Sep 11, 2011
652 posts
726 upvotes
Toronto
I would instantly switch my entirely family 5+ to this plan from various other carriers if offered this. Problem is the miss is the only one on Telus, and she might kill me if I switch her to Freedom and this doesn’t work :(
Nov 7, 2014
159 posts
41 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Hope this will apply to BC.
Feb 5, 2010
114 posts
11 upvotes
Hamilton
Can anyone confirm if this is just a loyalty thing from a switchover company? I'm already with Telus and with my Telus discount this would be an amazing deal.
Apr 15, 2009
239 posts
249 upvotes
toronto
ApocDeals wrote: I would instantly switch my entirely family 5+ to this plan from various other carriers if offered this. Problem is the miss is the only one on Telus, and she might kill me if I switch her to Freedom and this doesn’t work :(
The way I did it accidentally last year is this:
Buy a new Telus line, no plan, no frills, the cheapest.
Cancel it next day/ next week.
They will call you for Winback in few weeks - month.
Then you port in your current number.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
6197 posts
6152 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Cynderella wrote: How did you get $37.50/month for 2 lines? I got 2 lines before and was given a $5 discount per line.

EDIT: I found out that they upped the multi line discount! Guess I'll be making a call to Telus tomorrow.
<s> I will be making a call as well as I have this plan for 4 lines and I paid 35 per line.</s>

Never mind, I pay $30 per line. So I am good.
Last edited by TransporterSD on Apr 17th, 2021 7:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3871 posts
3970 upvotes
Alberta
I did the switch and got the same deal last year. Bought a freedom sim from eBay because it isn't available where I live. I'll hold this plan as long as I possibly can.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
27256 posts
6754 upvotes
Hamilton
mstefa wrote: The way I did it accidentally last year is this:
Buy a new Telus line, no plan, no frills, the cheapest.
Cancel it next day/ next week.
They will call you for Winback in few weeks - month.
Then you port in your current number.
But if you cancel the Telus line without porting. How can they call you :(
$35/10GB Koodo
$40/10GB Koodo
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
3030 posts
452 upvotes
Mississauga
I was recently offered $55 for 20 GB as a winback offer, roughly two days ago.

With three lines, it comes out to $55 - $10 = $45.

I wonder if I can still get this deal as well.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
6197 posts
6152 upvotes
Downtown Canada
You absolutely have to port to freedom to get this deal. There is no if or but.
Oct 16, 2002
788 posts
633 upvotes
It will be funny if Telus is reading this thread and cancels the promo, leaving everyone stranded on 9 dollar plans
Apr 15, 2009
239 posts
249 upvotes
toronto
yao416 wrote: But if you cancel the Telus line without porting. How can they call you :(
I received a letter with the sim in it and phone number to call. I was getting emails with the same offer to call them back- sorry to see you leave type. I was even getting Facebook pop ups with the offer. It was unreal.
Aug 30, 2007
405 posts
202 upvotes
I moved away from Telus in 2014. I wonder if there is a way I could initiate a winback with my previous account. I'd bring over 4-5 lines.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
27256 posts
6754 upvotes
Hamilton
mstefa wrote: I received a letter with the sim in it and phone number to call. I was getting emails with the same offer to call them back- sorry to see you leave type. I was even getting Facebook pop ups with the offer. It was unreal.
Oh nice!
$35/10GB Koodo
$40/10GB Koodo

Thread Information

There are currently 23 users viewing this thread. (17 members and 6 guests)

DavidA800, oneyedpirate, ORKYYC, SallyC69305, Sam, AlmostThereLazy, indb90, Tinku, PTMBAA, akartp, vashby, hansdoreen, stevester911, armadaone, jeffreypen, zeeshee, D50M83