Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Telus Mobility

telus $400 off iPhone xs

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2018 12:56 am
Aug 6, 2012
20 posts
3 upvotes
REGINA

[Telus Mobility] telus $400 off iPhone xs

Savings:
400 off
Expiry:
January 19, 2019
Retailer:
Telus Mobility
More offers from Telus Mobility
Just got an email from telus which iPhone xs is 400 off
Didn't find much more info online
In the market for upgrading iPhone 7 128gb to a newer phone.
Images
  • 43211707-3140-4EAC-AD93-B224A209D35B.png
16 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
so what's the up front cost and monthly plans like?

Upgrading from a 7 to an Xs is meteoric. If the numbers work, do it.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Oct 31, 2017
250 posts
365 upvotes
here, there, and eve…
i got that same email, looking at upgrading from iPhone 7plus
Let's go Canucks
$35 Rogers unlimited talk and text plan between Canada, US and Mexico
27 gbs of data throughout Canada, US and Mexico
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
2063 posts
733 upvotes
Edmonton
I take it the 400 off must be when signing up for new contract at XX$ per month minimum.
R U PACKIN HEAT?
May 23, 2016
163 posts
90 upvotes
got a similar email. Conditions:

1. In-store offer only. *$400 device offer is valid until January 19th, 2019. $400 device offer is available for customers who activate a smartphone on a 2 year in-market Premium, Premium Plus, or Platinum Your Choice plan which can be viewed here: telus.com/yourchoice. A one-time $35 connection fee applies per line. Consumer accounts only. Offer cannot be combined with other code-based offers. Promotional discount is the lesser of $400 and the price of the eligible device before tax. The double data offer is subject to change at TELUS’ sole discretion at any time without notice. Offer of doubling the data on your in-market data plan is available on activations and renewals for Primary Subscribers, on select 2-year plans.Total data limits apply based on province, visit telus.com/plans for details. This data can be shared with up to 9 additional devices, including tablets. Offer is not available for Bring Your Own Device Plans. Cannot be combined with other code-based offers. TELUS reserves the right to remove the bonus data if customer no longer meets eligibility requirements. Consumer accounts only. A one-time $35 connection fee applies per line in-store. Taxes and pay-per-use charges (including long distance, roaming and additional airtime or data) are extra. © 2018 TELUS.

The email also has a Promo Code and Validation Code.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2014
1073 posts
1308 upvotes
Southern Ontario
nasa25 wrote: so what's the up front cost and monthly plans like?

Upgrading from a 7 to an Xs is meteoric. If the numbers work, do it.
I went from an 8 to an XS (on an EPP offer), and went back to the 8. Sure the physical size is not much different, but the extra screen height and the gestures required by the lack of a home button meant that one-handed use is almost entirely out of the question. That was too much of a change for me, so I’m back to the 8. It’s surprising what factors will end up being meaningful to someone.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
lefroset wrote: I went from an 8 to an XS (on an EPP offer), and went back to the 8. Sure the physical size is not much different, but the extra screen height and the gestures required by the lack of a home button meant that one-handed use is almost entirely out of the question. That was too much of a change for me, so I’m back to the 8. It’s surprising what factors will end up being meaningful to someone.
Interesting. I went from a 7 to an X when it launched last year. I don’t have much of an issue with one handed use.

The XR I just got, on the other hand, that’s too big to use one handed.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Nov 17, 2014
606 posts
447 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I got this same offer UT for note 9 and Doubme data
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2014
1073 posts
1308 upvotes
Southern Ontario
nasa25 wrote: Interesting. I went from a 7 to an X when it launched last year. I don’t have much of an issue with one handed use.

The XR I just got, on the other hand, that’s too big to use one handed.
Yeah I almost went with the XR for the sake of price and the IPS screen (which actually seems more pleasant to my eyes), but was even more so concerned of the size.
Mar 17, 2017
201 posts
262 upvotes
GTA
What are the rules for cancelling new lines? I’d like to keep my $36 Zoomer line but if I can just pay $1010 plus the activation fee and cancel the contract within 30 days - I would.
I’m just worried about cancellation fees (pretty sure they’re illegal now) or subsidy clawbacks.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
2089 posts
1562 upvotes
Yes all companies except Koodo will charge you the remaining device balance / subsidy upon cancellation.
Jan 6, 2018
60 posts
86 upvotes
shayne85 wrote: Yes all companies except Koodo will charge you the remaining device balance / subsidy upon cancellation.

Could you explain a bit how that works? How do they not lose money that way? Do you not have to pay the tab balance with Koodo?
Dec 19, 2006
875 posts
901 upvotes
Vancouver
Shahmeer wrote: Could you explain a bit how that works? How do they not lose money that way? Do you not have to pay the tab balance with Koodo?
Here's how it works.
1) All companies price their phones at above MSRP.
2) For regular phone subsidies, companies make you pay an up front amount for the phone, and put an arbitrary value of the phone into your "device balance". This amount tends to be pretty close to full price of the phone, and gets reduced evenly over the course of your contract length (24 months). If you leave early, you pay what's left of your device balance.
3) For Koodo's tab plans, they make you pay most of the value of the phone upfront and then set aside an amount at each tab level that you pay extra over the course of 24 months or until you pay the remainder. Note that if you want to pay off the tab early, you need to either wait 90 days to do so, or cancel your line if you don't want to wait that long.

In the case of discounts for Koodo phones, those are actual discounts you get up front and the tab amounts are fixed so you can get a phone for cheap if you just want the phone and not their plans. In the case of the other providers, you're not paying anything extra usually over the price of the actual plan, so if you have a plan at a good price, it can actually be cheaper for you if you stay the full 2 years. They also tend to offer discounts on brand new flagship models faster than Koodo will. It's hella expensive if you want to leave early though.

I think Koodo does this in part to convince people to switch, and I'm sure they actually do end up keeping more people than those that just sign up to churn phones. They're not stupid and they know people do this, so if it didn't work out as a win for them as a whole, they would not do this. It's like how they still make money off those out of market plans, despite how their CSR's might tell you otherwise.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)