Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[Telus Mobility] Telus Black Friday EPP offers (Gov't of Canada, Corp employees, etc)

Sep 7, 2017
47 posts
64 upvotes
elitekillah wrote:
Yeah bring back price is $100 as I understand it. I saved many screenshots of the ordering process that show this exact breakdown many times, just in case there's an issue later on when I get the actual paperwork via email after the orders are shipped out haha. I haven't received my account numbers or phone numbers etc paperwork yet, which I am guessing is where your screenshot is from? (After logging into your Telus account?)

I just looked at the confirmation emails breakdown again now, they list the following:

• Line Item Discount Product 1 -$100.00
  • ^ bring back price
  • Connection Fee FREE
  • ^ could be the $35 activation fee others mentioned, but oddly it shows free in the email...

If I end up getting charged $35 per line I was initially going to just ignore it cuz I was fine with it lol. But now seeing that line in the confirmation emails maybe I'll try to fight it if they charge me on the first bill (I didn't pay it up front)

My screenshot is from my epp portal view right before I checkout.

Seems like there are different deals people are getting.

I also spoke with an EPP rep and was told I would have to pay $50 transfer fee for being an existing customer + the $35 connection fee. Seems pretty ridiculous imo. I may try calling again to see if they will waive anything.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2009
2743 posts
367 upvotes
Anyone else order Friday and still get no shipment notification? Located in AB.
Jan 4, 2007
90 posts
3 upvotes
Ordered the BYOD Sim still no delivery notice either :(
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2006
1041 posts
172 upvotes
Mississauga
Ordered on Nov 30th with Smart Cell and have yet to hear anything. I got an email right after placing my order. My wife ordered yesterday and never even received an email after ordering. A little concerned.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
1742 posts
222 upvotes
So I got my account info from telus, but it was wonky so I called in and they gave me the tracking info and it's all arriving today.

Try calling the EPP number for Telus if you ordered with them and they can steer you in the right direction. Seems like emails are slow to come out.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2009
1045 posts
229 upvotes
SWstriker17 wrote: Ordered on Nov 30th with Smart Cell and have yet to hear anything. I got an email right after placing my order. My wife ordered yesterday and never even received an email after ordering. A little concerned.
I ended up e-mailing SmartCell support. They got back to me saying the order is confirmed and the validation is complete. The processing estimate is 7-10 business days.
Nov 11, 2019
9 posts
2 upvotes
Smartcell are brutal. I called a few times and was directed to a voicemail which I left. I emailed, chatted, etc still nothing. I had an issue with my first order so I just decided to do it again and risking duplication to avoid loosing the deal
Aug 20, 2015
151 posts
53 upvotes
Calgary
slaman wrote: Hmm, I guess EPP portals look different for people.

Mine looks like:
telus-mobility-telus-black-friday-epp-o ... #p31824026

I don't see this page at all:
telus-mobility-telus-black-friday-epp-o ... #p31823610

How are you navigating to even get there? What clicks?

For me, it's $344 for an S10 and then $65 a month for 20GB... not bad, but I don't REALLY need a new phone and I'd be paying an extra $5 a month over my current Koodo 11GB/mth plan.
Yeah it looks like there must be a difference in the EPP portals, so the overall deal may be different based on where you work I suppose (I am not a govt employee).
Mine says I will get an extra -$160 "device credit" as soon as i enable the "bring it back" option (as shown in the previous post's screenshot).
Without the "bring it back" option, it shows the cost of the S10 to be $344, the same as what you see (I will attach a screenshot without bring it back enabled to this post)

These screenshots from me are all taken from the EPP portal.
The steps i take are: Go to the EPP email Telus sent to my work email, there's a green "Get my offer" link in that email that takes me to the EPP portal. The EPP email is what they sent me after I filled out the form on this website ( https://evs.telus.com/evs/ ).
Then I click on the phone I want, then it loads up the page where I pick the color and the storage size.
This screenshot i'll attach is a bigger view showing the phone page. That's where I enable "bring it back" or not, then it shows the price breakdown for each option, as you will see in the screenshots.

So for me it looks like it actually is $100 for the "bring it back" cost on the S10 as far as I can tell...
In fact, I just chose the Note 10+ to see the pricing for that phone, and it appears I would get an extra -$200 "device credit" on the Note 10+ If i wanted to get that phone instead of the S10
I'll attach those screenshots also to this post
undacova wrote: I can't seem to use the easy port option to port from Koodo to Telus. Has anyone does this before?
True, when i went through the checkout process on Sunday, if I chose the easy port option then picked Koodo as my current provider, it gave me an error message saying it cant be done via easy port (it even disables the continue button, so you cant click on it to continue).
I then had to choose the option to get a phone number assigned from a city in the dropdown box.
I'll do the porting process when i get the phones i guess, not sure yet if it's done via customer service or online.
stararie wrote:

My screenshot is from my epp portal view right before I checkout.

Seems like there are different deals people are getting.

I also spoke with an EPP rep and was told I would have to pay $50 transfer fee for being an existing customer + the $35 connection fee. Seems pretty ridiculous imo. I may try calling again to see if they will waive anything.
Yeah I guess the EPP portal looks different for some people, I thought you had already received your account/phone number and you were taking that picture from your Telus account.
I guess for you the bring it back cost on the S10 is $260 :(

I just found this deal on the Note 10+ on my EPP too, but I wasn't interested in it so I didn't see it earlier. I still would choose the S10 over it though, Would have taken the S10+ but they don't have an extra cheap deal on it on my EPP portal lol Face With Tears Of Joy

Note 10+ EPP Portal
WITHOUT bring it back option = $35.33 per month x 24 months => $848 total cost of Note 10+ (no extra deal other than the EPP discount)
WITH bring it back option = ($19.50 per month x 24 months) => $468 + ($180 "bring it back" if phone is kept) = $648 total cost of Note 10+ if i keep it after 2 years (this factors in the "device credit" of -$200 shown in the screenshot)
Images
  • Telus S10 WITHOUT bring back option.PNG
  • Telus EPP Note10plus WITH bringback.PNG
  • Telus EPP Note10plus WITHOUT bringback.PNG
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2006
4171 posts
758 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Final hour for Telus - 9pm Eastern, or 6pm Pacific is the cut-off.
Jan 2, 2019
39 posts
22 upvotes
taya1214 wrote: When you order a phone with it, you do not get $50 sim card charge and also shipping is free. So you are out $65 just ordering BYOD. also I am not sure if it's glitch but emailed agreement show connection fee free. I am going to use this emailed receipt to argue if I get charged with connection fee.
wait, my wife definitely got charged $15 shipping. Did anyone else get free shipping?
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
2074 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto
tasmar09 wrote: wait, my wife definitely got charged $15 shipping. Did anyone else get free shipping?
$0 shipping for me

Sep 29, 2015
231 posts
282 upvotes
Toronto, ON
For anyone selling XR - I was able to get $650 for it on Kijiji with very little effort. $700 pricing seemed to attract lowballers like flies and honey.

This equates to another ~$27 off the monthly plan over 24 months if you want to think of it that way.
Oct 18, 2013
82 posts
55 upvotes
Abbotsford
Anyone hear anything beyond the initial email?

Heard Smart Cell got swamped with 1000s of orders.

Hope to get an update soon.