Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[Telus Mobility] Telus Black Friday EPP offers (Gov't of Canada, Corp employees, etc)

Dec 6, 2008
147 posts
6 upvotes
Ordered the 10gb+10gb $67.50 Iphone XR plan back on December 2nd and received this today

"Hi there,

Thank you very much for choosing SmartCell Communication and placing an order with us. The device you have ordered is currently on back-order from the manufacturer. We do not have an ETA for this device. We apologize for the long wait.

Thank you,
"

Considering I'm paying $65 for 15gb byod at Rogers this isn't a big deal to wait but sheesh this has been an annoying process considering many of us were originally told 5-7 business days when we ordered earlier this month...
Sep 11, 2011
665 posts
256 upvotes
Alberta
mcbain27 wrote: ordered on 02Dec2019 for a s10+ for the 20 gb plan, only got an email saying the order is being processed.

i emailed EPP yesterday, got a response saying the order to being processed.
SWstriker17 wrote: Ordered Nov 30 and still no damn shipping or any more updates. Considering cancelling...
swales wrote:
Same, I'm cancelling Mon if it's not ready (doing pick up).
RyanM45960 wrote: Brutal, ordered on Black Friday, week later they called to say need proof of employment or work email... I’m a current EPP plan, and signed up with that email... asked why I’m getting a call now when I was told the phone would be here by now,
Next day called in, hour and 28 minutes later everything sorted out one of the phones is sold out... guess hey shouldn’t have sold it to me then. Getting a different one now, they said I would have the phones by Friday.... today’s Friday and don’t even have a tracking number yet
Insane
swales wrote: Now they're saying all their phones are backordered, I'm done with this sh*t show and will be cancelling my order.
Guys, you need relax lol.

I got 1 of the two phones I ordered yesterday (white XR) while I hadn't had any shipping notice or anything for the other one (black XR). I called in, and the guy called around to the warehouse and everything told me that it looks like it was back-ordered until Dec 27th! So that was disappointing.

Today I woke up to a shipping notice with a delivery date of later today for it and it's sitting at the post office right now I believe.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3983 posts
708 upvotes
wilhelmthe1st wrote: Guys, you need relax lol.

I got 1 of the two phones I ordered yesterday (white XR) while I hadn't had any shipping notice or anything for the other one (black XR). I called in, and the guy called around to the warehouse and everything told me that it looks like it was back-ordered until Dec 27th! So that was disappointing.

Today I woke up to a shipping notice with a delivery date of later today for it and it's sitting at the post office right now I believe.
No, just need to take my business elsewhere which is what I did. There's no need to have to wait 6+ weeks (told earliest I will get a phone is in Jan, ordered BF), that's just a badly run business.
Nov 30, 2010
5 posts
I inquired a few days ago and this is the email I retrieved from Smartcell. I had ordered on December 2nd and had only received the initial order email until now.

"We have a big push on this week to complete as many orders as we can and have additional staff helping us.. TELUS says the iPhone XR are backordered as they await resupply. We have 250+ coming in as soon as they land in Canada this week. We have never seen anything quite like this before and our service levels were greatly diminished. Please accept our sincerest apologies.

You will receive an email from us with a copy of your TELUS Client Service Agreement as soon as it is ready"

I got the Telus contract to sign finally last night and just got the Purolator tracking number just now - I had ordered the white 64 gig XR.
May 29, 2011
202 posts
175 upvotes
North York
Signed up for the Telus Black Friday EPP deal with 10gb + 10gb bonus data. However I’m not seeing the bonus data appear anywhere (my plan details and usuals just shows 10gb).

Anyone experiencing the same issue or can shed any light on this?

Thanks in advance guys.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2005
9211 posts
99 upvotes
GTA
i had to cancel the BF order and reorder my s10+ for the new $68/month 20 gb plan on the 17dec2019, got my phone on 24Dec2019.

plan shows $85/month @ 20% discount
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2602 posts
362 upvotes
Toronto
Was this a peace of mind plan? I recall it was but it says nothing on the bill.
Jun 15, 2009
237 posts
72 upvotes
Victoria
keystothecity wrote: Signed up for the Telus Black Friday EPP deal with 10gb + 10gb bonus data. However I’m not seeing the bonus data appear anywhere (my plan details and usuals just shows 10gb).

Anyone experiencing the same issue or can shed any light on this?

Thanks in advance guys.
I noticed the My Telus app was only showing 10GB, but I thought, hey, maybe it only shows AFTER I've used up the first 10GB? The December bill was a bit messy because it was prorating the data (I even double-checked with the Telus online chat bot). But then I saw my January bill just showed :
Monthly and other charges (Jan 22 to Feb 21)
EPP Special Combo Promo Plan $65.00
10GB Non-shareable Data
Canadian LD @ $0.60
Data manager
UL Can - Can LD min
Unlimited Messaging
includes Included Text Messaging
Monthly TELUS Easy Payment $2.50
Total monthly and other charges ..............................................................$67.50

So I started a live person online chat and he confirmed it hadn't been added:
I was checking the account, and yes I was able to see that the 10GB bonus for free for 24 months was not added to your account, so I just add it for you, so starting today you will have the 10GB extra free for 24 months

Interestingly, because it starts 24mths from TODAY, my data for the month now shows "1.78 GB / 17.67 GB". But at least I have visual confirmation that I've got the full 20GB.