Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[Telus Mobility] Telus Black Friday EPP offers (Gov't of Canada, Corp employees, etc)

Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2070 posts
358 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
honggil wrote: I got this offer too from my work.

10GB+10GB = Total of 20GB of Data + $2.50 per month for iPhone XR 64GB for 2 years. Seems like a really good deal?

I was going to get the iPhone 11 - but the XR is not far off in my opinion so this deal may sway me over.

Can someone kindly confirm, to their knowledge, if this deal is hot and has there been any deals cheaper than $65 for 20GB? Cheers!!
You may sell xr to finance an 11.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
4957 posts
1479 upvotes
Vancouver
Save $100 when you shop for Mobility online. You’ll get a $65 bill credit and we’ll waive the $35 connection fee.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2003
10213 posts
545 upvotes
I think only the new iphones are bring it back, can anyone confirm?

If you start the process its definitely only iPhone XI that has the 'bring it back' the rest you should then own outright.
Jul 20, 2003
942 posts
63 upvotes
Surrey
Took the XR deal. $67,50 20GB. Best deal for Iphone XR this Black Friday. I have looked around and can't find anything close. (not including freedom mobile :))
Oct 18, 2017
15 posts
8 upvotes
Matrix_dot_ca wrote: Took the XR deal. $67,50 20GB. Best deal for Iphone XR this Black Friday. I have looked around and can't find anything close. (not including freedom mobile :))
Did you get your email verification link yet? I went for the same deal.
May 29, 2017
316 posts
125 upvotes
Canada
I got this offer to and my company is a logistics company....this isn't limited to government workers.
May 29, 2017
316 posts
125 upvotes
Canada
Telus has found a lucrative way of making money, either hold customers responsible by the end of 2 years or take their device and resell it because Reselling phones is big business.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
8187 posts
47269 upvotes
Ontario
User044774 wrote: Government of Canada plan. Not sure if there are other similar employee plans. Check eligibility https://www.telus.com/en/mobility/conte ... orate-plan

20 gb data, unlimited Canada minutes $65. Other good plans with phones available.

Iphone 11 $88 with bring it back? that means I have to pay extra to keep the phone after 24 months. sneaky wording
Jul 20, 2003
942 posts
63 upvotes
Surrey
chibits wrote: Did you get your email verification link yet? I went for the same deal.
i did. Hopefully i'll get it early next week.
Nov 26, 2012
26 posts
16 upvotes
Whitby
chinp14 wrote: If I order online and port my number, will my number go offline immediately?
can I get this in store? or just pick up a sim card in-store?
After submitting your order, they have to process the order and send you the phone and SIM card. At which time they’ll proceed with the port when you are ready to do so. You have lots of time and won’t be immediately disconnected by placing the order.
Last edited by Furiken on Nov 29th, 2019 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added picture
Nov 26, 2012
26 posts
16 upvotes
Whitby
Hmm, picture didn’t attach in previous post.
Images
  • image.jpg
Jul 9, 2017
21 posts
10 upvotes
My work recently offered to cover the cost of my phone bill, so the pricing of the actual plan price is not very important to me. I do need a new device though.

It looks like the 2nd deal shown attached (30% off Peace of Mind plans) has a hardware discount. For anyone that has gotten the first offer (Black Friday Special), is there any discount/credit toward a new device, or it it simply the full cost of the phone divided across 24 months?

I could find the answer myself if I clicked "continue" under "Redeem my offer", but I'm not sure if I can go back once I've done that.

Thank you!
Images
  • Telus EPP BF.png
Nov 23, 2014
129 posts
22 upvotes
East York, ON
I signed up last night for the 65$ 20gb and iPhone pro for$1002. I got an email that says upload your proof that you are an employee etc. I did that.

It was not clear after the upload what I should do next. It seemed like it was starting me over from the beginning again.

Did you get order confirmation right away or did it take some time?

Would be helpful to know. Very confusing setup.
May 21, 2008
715 posts
81 upvotes
Ottawa
The plan details say "Data : 10GB + 10GB BONUS for 24 months, non-shared" Does this mean after 24 months it will drop down to 10 GB only?