Expired Hot Deals

[Telus Mobility] Telus LTE hub, $60 50gb, $75 250gb, $110 500gb (Rural AB/BC)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2019 12:21 am
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
2975 posts
491 upvotes
Alberta
andreid wrote: I finally got the hub after some misunderstandings as on the OP deal page, TELUS gave addresses of dealers as well as a phone number to contact.
The dealer did order and received the ZTE device but could not activate a plan which can only be done on the phone directly by the user.

Insert the SIM and plug and play internet! It all works first time.

TELUS internet gives dl 0.88Mbps and ul 0.67 (measured with Google's tool and while dl a torrent) while the LTE hub gives dl 36.2 ul 2.
Yeah rural BC: the sheeps are nice but then the internet...
I will read the manual and see what can be tweaked. I suppose putting the device by the window is #1 priority.

Useful forum on the hub: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/fo ... ad-id/2783
Dealer activated my plan just fine. I did not have to phone.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
2619 posts
271 upvotes
Do these have to be telus.com towers? My tower is owned by bell but telus.com uses. My city is not on list.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
2619 posts
271 upvotes
Can you carry hub in car as long as you are in range of tower it is locked to?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
5775 posts
1293 upvotes
mtseymourguy wrote: Do these have to be telus.com towers? My tower is owned by bell but telus.com uses. My city is not on list.
Your town must be on the list to be eligible.
mtseymourguy wrote: Can you carry hub in car as long as you are in range of tower it is locked to?
It's supposed to be home internet. Once the hub is out of range of the flagged tower, it stops working.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA

「上上下下左右左右BA」
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2242 posts
595 upvotes
Am I wrong to believe that the less data using the tower, the better my reception? Or it does not matter.
in other words, can I tell the few on the street about this hub or better be selfish & shut up?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
5775 posts
1293 upvotes
Tower load has nothing to do with reception strength. That's why you can still have 5 bars on Canada day or NYE but none of your calls go through at midnight.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA

「上上下下左右左右BA」
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
2619 posts
271 upvotes
rf134a wrote: Your town must be on the list to be eligible.

It's supposed to be home internet. Once the hub is out of range of the flagged tower, it stops working.
That's a bit harsh. Small towns to North and South qualify. I guess I will start a protest. We have two Towers and about 50 people in the area. Plus traffic on the highway.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
5775 posts
1293 upvotes
mtseymourguy wrote: That's a bit harsh. Small towns to North and South qualify. I guess I will start a protest. We have two Towers and about 50 people in the area. Plus traffic on the highway.
I have access to a rural address where the towns are, say, A B C. Each town is further away from the big city but town B does not qualify because it's not on the list despite being more rural than town A. Makes no sense but that's Telus.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA

「上上下下左右左右BA」
Dec 2, 2016
7 posts
So my family ordered the ZTE MF275R Smart Hub from Telus on Nov 26th. The agent on the line said there would be a 4 - 6 week wait, before we got our Smart Hub. Anybody know if Telus could speed up this process at all ? Being stuck with our current rural provider for another month is going to be hell on earth. I wonder how many customers are also being subjected to these long wait times. Seems like Telus's new service is sweeping across BC/AB quickly.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
2975 posts
491 upvotes
Alberta
PleaseSaveUsTelus wrote: So my family ordered the ZTE MF275R Smart Hub from Telus on Nov 26th. The agent on the line said there would be a 4 - 6 week wait, before we got our Smart Hub. Anybody know if Telus could speed up this process at all ? Being stuck with our current rural provider for another month is going to be hell on earth. I wonder how many customers are also being subjected to these long wait times. Seems like Telus's new service is sweeping across BC/AB quickly.
Get it from your local dealer in 10 minutes. That's the only way.
Oct 12, 2006
353 posts
33 upvotes
Simcoe
Hope they bring this to Ontario !!!

Come on Telus!
Jan 23, 2014
69 posts
35 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
PleaseSaveUsTelus wrote: So my family ordered the ZTE MF275R Smart Hub from Telus on Nov 26th. The agent on the line said there would be a 4 - 6 week wait, before we got our Smart Hub. Anybody know if Telus could speed up this process at all ? Being stuck with our current rural provider for another month is going to be hell on earth. I wonder how many customers are also being subjected to these long wait times. Seems like Telus's new service is sweeping across BC/AB quickly.
My friend was told the same thing when he ordered but a day later it had been shipped so if you haven't already maybe take your chances and order then go look locally and if you find one you can always return the other
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2242 posts
595 upvotes
From my experience, you'd better call TELUS directly at the number on the Hub page than go through a dealer. It was at the P.O. nearly the next day (shipping from Calgary) with the SIM and all activated.
Dec 2, 2016
7 posts
scouzer wrote: Get it from your local dealer in 10 minutes. That's the only way.
Forgive my ignorance. By local dealer you mean a local Telus store ? I know some other outlets such as "Starview communications" also sell the Telus Smart Hubs such as the ZTE we ordered.
Dec 2, 2016
7 posts
Inspired14U wrote: My friend was told the same thing when he ordered but a day later it had been shipped so if you haven't already maybe take your chances and order then go look locally and if you find one you can always return the other
Unfortunately i don't think we could return the Smart Hub we ordered from Telus. We got a pamphlet in the mail similar to the one linked by the OP. We went with the 2 year contract which gave us the ZTE Smart Hub for free rather then spending the 300$.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)