Expired Hot Deals

Telus Mobility

Telus New tracker+ $10/m (track anyone & anything you want)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2021 4:06 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
11839 posts
104393 upvotes
Ontario

[Telus Mobility] Telus New tracker+ $10/m (track anyone & anything you want)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Telus Mobility
More offers from Telus Mobility
add to your existing telus account = $10/m

New product from Telus.
Tracker+

Retail cost = $120
Finance = $5/m

Data plan = $5/m
1GB sharing plan

-Realtime tracking
-Battery lasts 2-5 days
-7 days track history
-Device ringer
-requires a sim card to operate

You can use this to track your kids, pets, workers, or delivery drivers Or your partner’s heart that was stolen by another person...........🥺🥺

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

Suspecting your partner(s) is having an affair? Don't worry, put this in their car or under their car and track them in real time.
Someone stole your bike again? Don't worry, put this under the seat and track them in real-time.

Going on a hike with bunch of random strangers on wechat ?
Don’t worry if they ditched you half way and left you stranded alone in the dark. With this, your real friends can track you and call for help. (Real story)

If you are a part time-detective that helps people track their lovers, this may be useful. It is cheaper than the other trackers out there and better than using tiles. Yes, there are services like that being offered/requested.

There are many ways to use this. You just need to use your imagination.

Last edited by Thatdealguy on Jul 23rd, 2020 11:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
139 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1410 posts
523 upvotes
Toronto
Hot deal, prefect gift for my wife, thanks OP.
Simple is the best.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
7562 posts
7591 upvotes
Calgary
Apple Tags can’t come soon enough.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3061 posts
3029 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: Suspecting your partner(s) is having an affair? Don't worry, put this in their car or under their car and track them in real time.
Probably best not to encourage this, even if you're being sarcastic. I think many people don't realize how illegal this is
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3144 posts
6412 upvotes
Looks like some people are gonna need a deal on tinfoil now
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
1702 posts
5744 upvotes
Man i would hate to be a kid growing up during these times with a strict parent
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
7562 posts
7591 upvotes
Calgary
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: Probably best not to encourage this, even if you're being sarcastic. I think many people don't realize how illegal this is
Lighten up Francis.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
7087 posts
7406 upvotes
Vancouver
SammyDavis wrote: Apple Tags can’t come soon enough.
Lol.. the Apple Tile cannot do what this does.

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
21829 posts
1698 upvotes
Shanghai, China
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: Probably best not to encourage this, even if you're being sarcastic. I think many people don't realize how illegal this is
I agree. It won't be funny if the police shows up at your door and start asking questions.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
21829 posts
1698 upvotes
Shanghai, China
I'm actually interested in a device like this since I travel a lot. I would throw this into my suitcase. Unfortunately, it seems to work only in Canada and the US. If this works worldwide, $10/month is a bargain.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
7562 posts
7591 upvotes
Calgary
newfbc wrote: Lol.. the Apple Tile cannot do what this does.

Ron.
You have an Apple Tag? Do tell, RON.
Aug 20, 2011
582 posts
329 upvotes
Pallet Town
Thatdealguy wrote: add to your existing telus account = $10/m
i think it's this price even if you are a new customer

seems tempting to slap onto a motorcycle
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
7087 posts
7406 upvotes
Vancouver
SammyDavis wrote: You have an Apple Tag? Do tell, RON.
Apple Tile will not have LTE connection in the unit. Pfft!

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2371 posts
1587 upvotes
Kitchener
SammyDavis wrote: https://www.macrumors.com/guide/airtags/

Apple tags will not be subscription based and will be trackable worldwide. Much nicer tech and much cheaper . Pffft!
Still not the same, this has LTE.

The apple tags are Bluetooth and functional like tiles... It's right at the top of the article you linked.

The apple tag will require someone else with an apple product to come near it for it to be able to relay the location back to you...

The tracker here will work regardless of if there is another iPhone user near, it just requires a cell signal...

So Ron is right, the apple tags will not do what this does.

Edit: adding the relevant part of the article, because I get a feeling you didn't read it before linking it...

"Will AirTags still work if my item is far away?
Yes. If an item is not nearby and can't be located, you can put it into Lost Mode. In this mode, if another ‌iPhone‌ user comes across the list item, they'll be able to see your contact information so they can send you a text or give you a phone call to let you know the item has been found.

You'll also receive a notification as soon as an ‌iPhone‌ comes across your lost item. This feature that lets any ‌iPhone‌ detect a lost item is part of ‌iOS 13‌, and it leverages Bluetooth to locate lost Apple devices and when released, AirTags."
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
7562 posts
7591 upvotes
Calgary
keyser-soze wrote: Still not the same, this has LTE.

The apple tags are Bluetooth and functional like tiles... It's right at the top of the article you linked.

The apple tag will require someone else with an apple product to come near it for it to be able to relay the location back to you...

The tracker here will work regardless of if there is another iPhone user near, it just requires a cell signal...

So Ron is right, the apple tags will not do what this does.

Edit: adding the relevant part of the article, because I get a feeling you didn't read it before linking it...

"Will AirTags still work if my item is far away?
Yes. If an item is not nearby and can't be located, you can put it into Lost Mode. In this mode, if another ‌iPhone‌ user comes across the list item, they'll be able to see your contact information so they can send you a text or give you a phone call to let you know the item has been found.

You'll also receive a notification as soon as an ‌iPhone‌ comes across your lost item. This feature that lets any ‌iPhone‌ detect a lost item is part of ‌iOS 13‌, and it leverages Bluetooth to locate lost Apple devices and when released, AirTags."
Did I say they were the same? The end result will be the same. You will find your lost item and save a lot of money not going towards Telus.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2371 posts
1587 upvotes
Kitchener
newfbc wrote:
Lol.. the Apple Tile cannot do what this does.

Ron.
SammyDavis wrote:
You have an Apple Tag? Do tell, RON.
Ummm....

Also the outcome is not the same for many of us that go hiking or camping. With this you would be able to find your item or god forbid family member if there is a cell signal.

With the apple tags, you would have to hope another person walks near it. So it can piggyback that person's cell signal to get you the location.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
7562 posts
7591 upvotes
Calgary
keyser-soze wrote: Ummm....

Also the outcome is not the same for many of us that go hiking or camping. With this you would be able to find your item or god forbid family member if there is a cell signal.

With the apple tags, you would have to hope another person walks near it. So it can piggyback that person's cell signal to get you the location.
Let’s all create scenarios where one technology is better than another! Pretty sure we will see many more airtags out there than this subscription service which will be unsupported probably by Telus in a year or so due to nobody using it. I’ll bet someone walks by your loved one with an iPhone.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)