Expired Hot Deals

[Telus Mobility] TELUS - RBC Business Client $65/mth 10GB

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2019 10:13 am
Jul 25, 2013
25 posts
2 upvotes
Vaughan
parryperhar wrote: I transferred 4 lines yesterday from Koodo to Telus business. Got the below deal
For 2 lines i took this plan
$75-$30 (Promo)= $45 for 10 Gb data with unlimited calling. No expiration of promo. As long as u are with telus, this price will remain same

For other 2 i got
$95-$30= $65 20gb data with unlimited calling.

If anyone needs phone lets say iphone 11 pro then $0 upfront but u need to pay taxes which is $177 and monthly will be $42 extra plus u also get $200 for port in credit and new activation bonus of $100 so over all u are getting $300 back on getting new phone.

I believe its a good deal.
how you got it? i was told the koodo line can't be transferred to telus business
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
1658 posts
255 upvotes
Spoke to telus last night about this. The first person I spoke to had no idea about it so I had to call the telus business dept. that person was rude as f#%* to me and say he couldn’t convert my existing telus consumer account to a business account and literally transferred me back to the consumer dept while I was mid-sentence.

I finally got someone nice who knew about the deal and she connected with someone else from the business department and figured out the details and said they were able to change the type of my account from consumer to business in order to get this deal. The whole time they didn’t ask me anything about my RBC business bank account and they were ready to give me the deal. So not sure how it works.

I asked them about whether there’s any term or contract and they said no. I have 2 lines currently with Telus consumer, paying $70/line for 10gb each. Based on the deal, I would be paying $55/line after. The way she explained it is as such:

Base plan: $75/line
- $10/line initial discount (applied immediately over the phone)
- Additional $10/line discount would be applied after activating it in store.

I asked if there was any expiry of the discounts (like after 2 years or something) and she said that they would honour the price indefinitely as long as I had the plan. I am concerned with switching to this because the base cost ($75) is more than I’m paying for my consumer plan, and if Telus decides to be stupid after a year or 2 and expire the discounts, that I’ll be paying even more than I am now. Anyone have any information that will corroborate what the rep told me?
adamm
May 6, 2006
61 posts
18 upvotes
Vancouver
I called Telus Business Line and they only offered me $55 for 10gb plan. With 4 lines $20 discount. Not $30 discount as state on this thread.
Nov 8, 2019
18 posts
15 upvotes
cirrus wrote: I called Telus Business Line and they only offered me $55 for 10gb plan. With 4 lines $20 discount. Not $30 discount as state on this thread.
You need to mention you have the RBC $10 code, which you get from the link the OP posted.

You can get up to 9 different codes from it
Jul 25, 2013
25 posts
2 upvotes
Vaughan
now it's $200 port in instead $400 on black Friday, anybody knows the deals on boxing day
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
1658 posts
255 upvotes
Apparently you can’t get this extra RBC promo unless you’re a new customer or you’re buying a new phone. Telus is giving me the runaround. Completely different information every time I call in. Somehow I figured I could expect something less scummy from telus this time but I guess not.
adamm
May 6, 2006
61 posts
18 upvotes
Vancouver
I finally got this deal for 4 lines. I was told last minute that the RBC $10 discount is only for 24 months. That was almost a deal breaker for me.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
1658 posts
255 upvotes
cirrus wrote: I finally got this deal for 4 lines. I was told last minute that the RBC $10 discount is only for 24 months. That was almost a deal breaker for me.
Yeah. The way I understand it is you get a $10/line discount from telus and an additional $10/line discount from the RBC promo (I have 2 lines). The RBC $10/line promo will expire in 24months
adamm