Expired Hot Deals

[Telus Mobility] Telus-tag your favourite small business and we’ll purchase a $25 gift card

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8317 posts
3766 upvotes
Markham

[Telus Mobility] Telus-tag your favourite small business and we’ll purchase a $25 gift card

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Telus Mobility
More offers from Telus Mobility
Saw it in Instagram

https://www.telus.com/en/business/v2/sm ... TwodtwkPxg

"Now more than ever, small business owners need our support and TELUS has committed up to $500,000 to assist this community.

To help, tag your favourite small business and we’ll purchase a $25 gift card for you to use."

@TomRFD , could you merge this to other covid-19 deal thread
10 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
2441 posts
2375 upvotes
Toronto
Not just ANY small business. T&C: 1. To be eligible to participate, the nominator must be a resident of Canada, 18 years of age or older. 2. Campaign ends June 30, 2020, or while supplies last, whichever comes first. 3. Nominee must be a Canadian independent small business with less than 30 employees, must sign up to the campaign and must have a method to purchase gift cards digitally. Nominee cannot be a franchise or chain business. 4. Maximum of ten (10) nominations per small business accepted throughout the campaign. In the event a small business is nominated more than the maximum number, TELUS will ask the nominator to nominate another small business. Limit one (1) $25 gift card reward per nominator. While supplies last. Rewards will be sent to the nominator by email within approximately thirty (30) days. 5. Maximum of $500,000 to support Canadian small businesses via gift cards and other programs. 6. To participate, the nominator must provide her/his email address and nominate a Canadian small business by posting on her/his personal Instagram or Twitter account with the following tags: a) The social media account of the nominated business; b) @TELUSBusiness; and c) #StandWithOwners 7. Instagram Stories, Facebook and Linkedin posts are not eligible....etc...
Mar 3, 2004
365 posts
63 upvotes
This is a gimmick from Telus to sucker sheeples to direct Small Businesses to their platform.
In return, they invest $25x10=$250 of gift cards to 10 luck sheeples.

(Smart and cheap marketing by Telus)
Nov 18, 2011
232 posts
60 upvotes
EDMONTON
Some of the small business I go to dont have gift cards like my tailor shops or auto mechanics. Its a nice gesture of Telus though.
Aug 4, 2018
60 posts
188 upvotes
So many strings attached that Telus has lost me on any goodwill gesture behind this. It seems they will only profit front this in the end via Square signups. Shameful that they are plugging this as Telus being "oh so nice."
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2005
1387 posts
212 upvotes
Alright, I tried it out with a local business that meets all requirements. Seems like such a sketchy promotion... suggests you need to include your email in the Tweet? Luckily I have a burner email for carefree public disclosure so I used that. We'll see if Telus makes good. I will post back here if I receive the GC.

99% of the Tweets I am seeing do not include the user's email. Is Telus going to reach out to each user and ask for their email in a DM? Good luck with that.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2002
1522 posts
77 upvotes
Sketch profiteering by Telus - don't participate in this scam.
Feb 26, 2009
272 posts
62 upvotes
Surrey, BC
I guess something is better than nothing ...
AKA "canadude" :arrow: Howard Forums
Banned
May 8, 2020
16 posts
33 upvotes
jarfgames wrote: Seems so convoluted...
What exactly is convoluted with creating a post with two tags and including your email address?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2015 posts
1348 upvotes
Calgary
DanGogh wrote: What exactly is convoluted with creating a post with two tags and including your email address?
You could check the other posts above this one... seems I'm not the only one.

But to be clear, what you suggested is only a part of the equation... Then, the small business separately needs to register with Telus (maybe that entails very little, maybe more, I am not sure). You get nothing even if you follow all of their steps individually.