Expired Hot Deals

[Telus Mobility] Winback Offer $45 25GB BYOD (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 3:10 pm
[OP]
Jun 30, 2016
163 posts
445 upvotes
Vancouver

[Telus Mobility] Winback Offer $45 25GB BYOD (YMMV)

Retailer:
Telus Mobility
More offers from Telus Mobility
NOTE: The offer from Koodo is very YMMV. I had to receive a call to get the offer to stand for Koodo. The number below seems to only allow you to get Telus. I ended up with Koodo and a Tab so it does indeed exist. Good luck!

Received a call from Telus/Koodo with an offer for a special winback plan. Looks to be roughly the same as the Fido/Rogers winback offer. Details were:

Unlimited nationwide talk/text
25Gb of full-speed data - unlimited afterwards (throttled)
1000 international minutes (had to ask for this)
Voicemail

UPDATE: Plan is BYOD only. I received a callback from 1-866-448-8030. I checked and this number goes directly to the offer team. However, they did ask for my previous Koodo number right away and they already had it populated on their end. They also asked for my old Koodo account pin number. This plan is not Tab eligible.

UPDATE #2: The above BYOD plan is also available on Telus, but I opted for Koodo given the history of Telus raising prices. I was also offered $40 bill-credit on top of having the $40 activation fee waived. There were also offers with a device on Telus with the following details:

$75 a month
Unlimited Nationwide Talk/Text
20gb Data
Voicemail
$10 discount if you have existing Telus home services

UPDATE #3: After a credit check and opening a Koodo account they had me hang up and receive a call from them as a final security measure. The rep then told me they can't offer the plan on Koodo and I HAD to go on Telus. He also indicated that the plan is 25gb full-speed data and unlimited afterwards. I declined the offer as this was the 3rd "miscommunication" they made and opening a Telus line would require a second credit check...wow. Reminds me why I hate the telecoms companies.

UPDATE #4: Lots of misinformation being given out by reps. It's unclear who is eligible. Some people report the deal expired, some that it's AB/BC only, some that it's only for people who ported out from Koodo in the last 15 days. None of these conditions were given to me for the offer. YMMV. You've been warned. Waste your time wisely.

UPDATE #5: I was called by the same rep that called me last night from an unknown number. Apparently he is at a different organisation than the one at 1-866-448-8030. He was able to give me $45 25Gb with a tab on Koodo and $100 off any phone.

UPDATE #6: At least one person from Ontario got this deal. So it's not only AB/BC, but still YMMV.

UPDATE #7: Some users reported using 1-833-348-3589 though I didn’t personally so you may want to read through the thread and make your own decision.

BASIC STEPS TO GET DEAL:
1. Already be a Koodo customer (I guess you could try signing up and then following these steps)
2. Activate a Freedom Mobile phone line and port in your Koodo number, you can request for a free sim online. NOTE: This will cancel your Koodo line
--> Freedom pre-paid is the best option here because a post-paid account will require a credit check
3. Call the number(s) above and tell them you ported from Koodo to Freedom and you would like to see if they can offer you the $45 25gb plan (leave a voicemail if necessary)
--> If you are denied just call back and speak to a different rep. Be nice. You can also wait a few hours or a day and try again.
--> It is also possible you will automatically receive a win-back call and won't have to call them.
4. Activate plan
5. Profit Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Again, this may not work for everyone and this will cost you your current Koodo plan (unless it's an in-market plan). You are also losing the cost of the Freedom pre-paid plan and sim card unless you intend to stay with Freedom if this doesn't work out.
Last edited by MrDisco on Sep 26th, 2020 5:59 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Reason: updated to only reflect Telus in the promotion
Thread Summary
It may still be possible to get this deal provided you are an established Telus or Koodo customer and have ported out to Freedom or Shaw Mobile recently:
telus-mobility-winback-offer-45-25gb-by ... #p33231278. You need to wait for a call from Telus winback
department.

Plan Details
  • $45/month + taxes for 25GB of high speed data, unlimited Canada-wide voice, texts
  • There is no option to add international minutes for free (in other words, the 1000 free international minutes can no longer be added).
  • It's $10/month extra for an Apple Watch data plan add-on
  • Quebec and other provinces where Freedom doesn't offer service are not eligible

Eligibility
  • This win-back plan is ONLY available with TELUS (whether you were with Koodo or TELUS before) this plan will be setup on the TELUS brand.
  • The offer is only valid if you moved from Telus/Koodo to Freedom in the last 15 days

How to get the offer if you are currently with Telus or Koodo
  • 1. Setup a new Freedom prepaid or postpaid account. Prepaid is suggested as it doesn't involve a credit check. You can choose the cheapest plan they offer which is $9/month.
    2. Port out your number to Freedom mobile using Freedom's online chat. Then wait for the "sorry to see you leave" email from Telus/Koodo
    3. Call back into the toll free number to ask if you qualify for the win-back promotion offer. If 1-866-448-8030 doesn't work try 1-833-348-3589
    4. Once your SIM card has shipped out, go to your Telus account online and port your Freedom number back into Telus

How to get the offer if you are with another provider
  • 1. Setup a new Freedom prepaid or postpaid account. Prepaid is suggested as it doesn't involve a credit check. You can choose the cheapest plan they offer which is $9/month.
    2. Setup a new Telus postpaid account (most people are picking the $75/20GB plan). This will invoke a credit check.
    3. Port out your new Telus number to Freedom mobile using Freedom's online chat. Porting will take 1-3hours. Then wait for the "sorry to see you leave" email from Telus/Koodo
    4. Call back into the toll free number to ask if you qualify for the win-back promotion offer. If 1-866-448-8030 doesn't work try 1-833-348-3589
    5. Once your SIM card has shipped out, go to your Telus account online and port your Freedom number back into Telus. It may take up to 48hours for your account to become active online.
    6. Port in your real phone number to Telus

MISC
  • This offer may end at any time. Some reps have suggested it may end at the end of the month.
  • Cheapest way to do it right now (not the fastest) - Get a free SIM card via Freedom Mobile Chat on their website. Port TELUS/Koodo number to Freedom's $9 prepaid plan. -- Avoid credit check at Freedom.
  • The plan is eligible for multi-line discount ($5 off per line for 2, $10 off per line for 3, $15 off per line for 4 or more)
  • You can have Freedom prepaid or postpaid, doesn't matter. Prepaid is suggested as it doesn't involve a credit check. You can choose the cheapest plan they offer.
  • When you activate Freedom Mobile POST-PAID, you will get hit with a credit check.
  • Your Public Mobile or Koodo Prepaid is not eligible.
  • You will NOT get your activation fee or any other fee paid for Freedom Mobile refunded.
  • You can only get the 15 day refund if you go back to the store that activated the TRIAL and cancel your account -- this will result in you losing your number.
  • If you port out your number (what you need to do to get the $45 plan with TELUS), you will lose any activation, hardware (sim card) fees.
  • Bell and Rogers may be offering similar win-back deals (usually telecom industry is a copy cat industry... When 1 does something, the other 2 follow).
  • Many examples of RFDers activating brand new TELUS/Koodo accounts, porting out to Freedom same day, calling back into TELUS 90 minutes later to get the plan.
  • Current RFD success stories from Alberta, BC and Ontario.
  • Winback Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday 7AM - 10 PM Mountain Time, Saturday and Sunday 8 AM - 5 PM Mountain Time
  • Entire Koodo account must be closed, eg. can’t port 4 out of 5 numbers to Freedom and then try and get the win back - must port ALL numbers to Freedom
  • CAN NOT have an active Telus account either, eg. I had a $5 tablet plan - had to cancel it in order to get the win-back offer
3923 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2004
3307 posts
178 upvotes
I certainly hope this is available for existing customers. Hot deal!
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2574 posts
3513 upvotes
BC
MizTEcK wrote: I certainly hope this is available for existing customers. Hot deal!
Of course it won't be. Koodo will make us dance like monkeys and jump through hoops to get these plans.
Feb 25, 2009
461 posts
170 upvotes
Just ported to Fido because Koodo won’t give me anything. So went to Fido for their $45 11gb on existing line promo.

I shall wait for this call... lol
Sep 26, 2010
173 posts
36 upvotes
DizzyYak wrote: Received a call from Koodo with an offer for a special winback plan. Looks to be roughly the same as the Fido/Rogers win back offer. Details were:

Unlimited nationwide talk/text
25Gb of data
1000 international long distance minutes
Voicemail

The rep also offered $100 off any phone tab but BYOD was also available.

I asked for a number to call the winback team directly (like Fido has) and was told there isn’t one so YMMV. They have to call you. The rep also had deals on Telus phones/plans but they were much more expensive plan-wise.
AB/BC plan? or Ontario ?

Thanks
Apr 1, 2015
762 posts
433 upvotes
Scxm Free Zone
Unless the 25gb can be shared within family I don't see the point for most users.

God I am just saying unless someone is paying $45 for < 25GB per month rn with another carrier I dont see why they would return to Koodo just because of this offer. It would be nicer if they offer a lower price while still giving people a decent amount of data like $35/9GB. But like ocisnicola said it's the lowest they can do due to the tab limit Face With Tears Of Joy :facepalm:
Last edited by Terabithia on Sep 17th, 2020 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zoomer Wireless happy new customer:
800 mins + 5G LTE data for $36 + $100 new activation credit + $50 credit

Do your part to end the monopoly. Every little bit helps.
May 8, 2016
93 posts
31 upvotes
Current customer so that I don’t think I can get it. But upvote for OP and the people that get it.
Dec 19, 2006
621 posts
591 upvotes
Vancouver
Terabithia wrote: Unless the 25gb can be shared within family I don't see the point for most users.
Are you complaining that they’re offering too much data for $45 or something?
[OP]
Jun 30, 2016
163 posts
445 upvotes
Vancouver
freetrade wrote: What was the number that called you?
The number was unknown. I requested a callback again later and will update if the call has info this time.
[OP]
Jun 30, 2016
163 posts
445 upvotes
Vancouver
zzsfx wrote: AB/BC plan? or Ontario ?

Thanks
The rep didn’t specify. I live(d) in BC/AB but I had an Ontario number when I was with Koodo. I guess it’s possible it’s location based but seems unlikely.
Apr 1, 2015
762 posts
433 upvotes
Scxm Free Zone
ocisnicola wrote: Are you complaining that they’re offering too much data for $45 or something?
Oh no. I meant, as a former Koodo customer, I would not go back just cause they offer me that much data as it would go to waste anyways.

Unless you can tell me the best way to make use of 25GB of data..?Winking Face
Last edited by Terabithia on Sep 17th, 2020 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zoomer Wireless happy new customer:
800 mins + 5G LTE data for $36 + $100 new activation credit + $50 credit

Do your part to end the monopoly. Every little bit helps.
Banned
May 6, 2020
132 posts
427 upvotes
Cornwall
So the Koodo/Telus Winback team cAn be reached at 1 833 348 3589 Try giving them a call but this offer isn’t easy to come by and not all former clients have the offer loaded on their Old account. I get the feeling It’s for mainly western Canada but I could be wrong. I tried calling to get it and I’m in ON but no dice.
Aug 29, 2012
128 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
Just ported to Rogers from Koodo 2 weeks ago for the EPP. Would happily go back to Koodo for this, as those Rogers discounts seem sketchy at best...
Apr 30, 2008
19 posts
5 upvotes
toronto
I ported out of Telus to Rogers...... Wonder if I'll get a call

Thread Information

There are currently 50 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 49 guests)

sanman9