Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Telus Mobility

Winback Offer $45 25GB BYOD (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2022 1:43 pm
Nov 1, 2020
5 posts
3 upvotes
I thought I got a scam call today so I called Telus to find out about it and it was real. I got the Telus deal today! IMPORTANT INFO WITHIN:

Make sure to say you are coming from Freedom or Shaw. I advised I was with Rogers and so they were only able to offer me 20gb/$50. Apparently, those who are leaving Freedom or Shaw have much better plans than Rogers so Telus has to offer a competitive plan, including 1000 long-distance minutes and way more data for less money. I'm happy nonetheless. I actually had a great deal with Rogers but this saves me about $10 a month. They also waived the activation fee ($45) and (I clarified to make sure this was in addition to waiving the activation fee) also credited my account $45 for a total of $90 up front savings (I didn't ask for any of this).
Oct 17, 2010
838 posts
592 upvotes
Terrace
flyawayki wrote: I thought I got a scam call today so I called Telus to find out about it and it was real. I got the Telus deal today! IMPORTANT INFO WITHIN:

Make sure to say you are coming from Freedom or Shaw. I advised I was with Rogers and so they were only able to offer me 20gb/$50. Apparently, those who are leaving Freedom or Shaw have much better plans than Rogers so Telus has to offer a competitive plan, including 1000 long-distance minutes and way more data for less money. I'm happy nonetheless. I actually had a great deal with Rogers but this saves me about $10 a month. They also waived the activation fee ($45) and (I clarified to make sure this was in addition to waiving the activation fee) also credited my account $45 for a total of $90 up front savings (I didn't ask for any of this).
I asked Telus for the1000 mins they told me it's not available... if i want the 1000 mins they suggest to get the $25 international LD add on
Nov 20, 2009
635 posts
152 upvotes
KooJo wrote: Got a call from Telus, they offered $45 for 25gb + unlimited canada/USA calling + 1000 free Intl minutes.
I received a similar call that claimed to be from Telus, turns out it's a scam.

They were offering me 20GB of data, Unlimited Canada & US Calling, 1000 International minutes, and a included iPhone Pro Max or Samsung Galaxy S21 all for just $45/month.

After speaking with Telus, the phone number that called me has nothing to do with Telus, the "unlimited US calling" feature isn't something Telus offers, and the phone hardware alone could cost nearly $45/month.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8048 posts
8623 upvotes
Downtown Canada
I bet scammers are frequent to this site
Telus $30/75GB USA/CAN + $0 VVM (USA roaming + USA calling included) X 5 lines

Seeing ads while surfing the web? Get Ad Guard ad blocker.
Mar 31, 2008
832 posts
555 upvotes
Edmonton
Offered the $55/20GB plan, my port was from Koodo to Rogers EPP. Took a week for the call. Person said if I had ported to Freedom/Shaw he could have given me the $45/25GB plan. Sounds like it's still available.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8048 posts
8623 upvotes
Downtown Canada
tsgee wrote: Offered the $55/20GB plan, my port was from Koodo to Rogers EPP. Took a week for the call. Person said if I had ported to Freedom/Shaw he could have given me the $45/25GB plan. Sounds like it's still available.
People should be porting to freedom. I don't even know why the stupid question about porting to Rogers or Bell is even being asked here. Port to freedom and after you may port to any carrier while waiting for the Telus Winback offer.
Telus $30/75GB USA/CAN + $0 VVM (USA roaming + USA calling included) X 5 lines

Seeing ads while surfing the web? Get Ad Guard ad blocker.
Jun 10, 2018
34 posts
111 upvotes
Bell also has this winback offer if you guys have been with them. Rogers called me to offer $60 for 20GB and literally the day I ported to Rogers, Bell called me back and offered the 25GB for $45.

It’s a $100 plan with a indefinite $55 coupon. BYOD.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
2125 posts
1481 upvotes
Near You
Atorontomanz wrote: Bell also has this winback offer if you guys have been with them. Rogers called me to offer $60 for 20GB and literally the day I ported to Rogers, Bell called me back and offered the 25GB for $45.

It’s a $100 plan with a indefinite $55 coupon. BYOD.
Friends don't let friends sign up with BHell.
Cards: Amex Platinum • Aeroplan Reserve • Chase AP • CSR • Bonvoy
Banking: Wise • HSBC • TD • Tangerine • Chase
Flights: AC SE • KLM SilverBA Silver
Mobile: AT&T • Fizz • Google Fi • Free.fr
Sep 13, 2013
146 posts
152 upvotes
Waterloo
TransporterSD wrote: People should be porting to freedom. I don't even know why the stupid question about porting to Rogers or Bell is even being asked here. Port to freedom and after you may port to any carrier while waiting for the Telus Winback offer.
When I was offered this promotion, the CSR processing it can see if the number is currently active on Freedom.
They can see if you ported to Freedom and are currently not porting back from Freedom
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1144 posts
44 upvotes
Curious, if this is still active?

I was on Telus EPP with my work and I switched to Freedom as it was quiet a bit cheaper 30 bucks for 4gb (all I need) but realised I don't get reception in my basement. So now I regret giving up my 50 dollar plan with Telus.
Nov 20, 2020
30 posts
10 upvotes
FreeSpinnz wrote: Curious, if this is still active?

I was on Telus EPP with my work and I switched to Freedom as it was quiet a bit cheaper 30 bucks for 4gb (all I need) but realised I don't get reception in my basement. So now I regret giving up my 50 dollar plan with Telus.
There’s a $50 plan for 15GB with Telus EPP. It’s under a BYOD plan.
Oct 13, 2015
410 posts
37 upvotes
Cyberspace
Hey everyone, I've been reading the posts from previous pages and I'm interested in this deal. My issue is that I'm currently not a Koodo/Telus customer. If I sign up for a new koodo account then do this porting process to get the offer, will I be able to port my actual number to the telus account while retaining the plan?

What's the best approach to ensuring this?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
2125 posts
1481 upvotes
Near You
iHappy wrote: Hey everyone, I've been reading the posts from previous pages and I'm interested in this deal. My issue is that I'm currently not a Koodo/Telus customer. If I sign up for a new koodo account then do this porting process to get the offer, will I be able to port my actual number to the telus account while retaining the plan?

What's the best approach to ensuring this?
Read thread summary.
Cards: Amex Platinum • Aeroplan Reserve • Chase AP • CSR • Bonvoy
Banking: Wise • HSBC • TD • Tangerine • Chase
Flights: AC SE • KLM SilverBA Silver
Mobile: AT&T • Fizz • Google Fi • Free.fr
Apr 18, 2017
72 posts
36 upvotes
Anyone know if its okay to port twice within the same billing period? Remember someone mentioned something about it earlier but cant find it.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2021
2080 posts
903 upvotes
Is this deal active? I see on the fido and rogers thread that some people are now getting $300 phone credit. Anyone with success here?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4175 posts
1483 upvotes
Calgary
pprider wrote: Is this deal active? I see on the fido and rogers thread that some people are now getting $300 phone credit. Anyone with success here?
No, if you read this thread, you would know that the $45 does not qualify for subsidy. Only the $55
Oct 5, 2021
47 posts
25 upvotes
Did anyone from Quebec managed to go from Rogers/Fido to Telus then get back to Rogers/Fido and Telus called them back with a winback offer? I have the $45/25GB Fido plan but no 5G. If I understand correctly, all Telus plans are 5G.
Nov 9, 2012
126 posts
31 upvotes
Scarborough
What happens if you're offered a winback deal but signed on with another carrier and received their phone?

Can you return their phone at no cost as long as you don't open it? Or are you required to buy it out?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2005
9483 posts
286 upvotes
GTA
is it possible to add a new line onto current winback plan? currently 2 lines with telus $45/25 gb.

TIA