Expired Hot Deals

[Telus Mobility] Winback Offer $45 25GB BYOD (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2020 3:31 pm
Aug 30, 2018
337 posts
125 upvotes
kk5522773366 wrote: new update oct 23
I used to be with Koodo for years but switched to telus epp couple months ago, so those lines won't be eligible for anything.
so end of September I activated 2 new lines with Koodo, and planned to switch to freedom to get this win back promo, however I lost track of the date and didn't port to freedom until oct 2, no one called, waiting waiting, nothing, so I was thinking since maybe I'm not eligible because of the 2 new lines, let's try to call the win back number to see what happen, made 2 calls, pretend I got a call of offer a few days ago and phone back to get it,
first call, the csr said nothing on my account, and he cannot do anything for me or offer me a better deal, so I hung up.
second call, right after I hung up the first one, this time, the csr very helpful, he said nothing on account but he can offer me $50 for 20gb to port my shaw freedom lines in, and also only cost me $10 for an extra talk and text plan, so I ended up activated 3 $50 plan with 20gb and 2 $10 talk plan for $170 per month, with no activation fee and also a one time $120 bill credit for the activation promo.
I missed the best promo, but this one is not bad since I missed it.
the csr guy is in india call centre, very nice, speak well english, and very helpful
Hey that's a good deal. Mind me asking what province you are in? Also did you call the winback number in OP?
Jan 19, 2020
5 posts
1 upvote
T2p
I'm in Alberta, yes I called both winback number listed in this thread, each number once, but don't remember which one works, both could connect to koodo customer service, but one guy said no promo for recently left customer, one gave me a good deal, I guess just hang up and try again if you didn't get something similar, really depends who pick up the call.
Aug 30, 2018
337 posts
125 upvotes
kk5522773366 wrote: I'm in Alberta, yes I called both winback number listed in this thread, each number once, but don't remember which one works, both could connect to koodo customer service, but one guy said no promo for recently left customer, one gave me a good deal, I guess just hang up and try again if you didn't get something similar, really depends who pick up the call.
Thank you for the details. I'm in ontario though so sceptical about doing the whole thing.
Jan 19, 2020
5 posts
1 upvote
T2p
if you haven't start any port out from koodo, I will not do it anymore, because the deal is dead, now it is matter of if you're lucky that you can still get something or nothing, if your plan is already good in the market, don't risk it, if it is just a disposable plan, then give it a try, but no guarantee to get better deal than what is in the market anymore.
I tried it anyway since I already port out and missed it by a day or 2, there is nothing for me to lose anyway, and before I want to cancel my 2 freedom lines, I just want to try one more time, it works this time.
so far I had called them 4 times in total, 3 failed with no special offer, only the last call did, so I'm just lucky
Feb 6, 2020
152 posts
73 upvotes
kk5522773366 wrote: if you haven't start any port out from koodo, I will not do it anymore, because the deal is dead
It’s not dead. You need to have been a postpaid customer for a few years before porting out to Freedom or Shaw and then receive a call from winback. You can’t call in to get it. Rogers and Bell still have this deal. It’s not as though Telus won’t have it as well.
Last edited by ArrowFlynn on Oct 25th, 2020 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Oct 21, 2009
736 posts
656 upvotes
ArrowFlynn wrote: It’s not dead. You need to have been a postpaid customer for a few years before porting out and then receive a call from winback.
How many years?
Feb 6, 2020
152 posts
73 upvotes
meemo wrote: How many years?
Unknown. One rep said 3, but it’s hard to know whether the rep is lying.
Dec 29, 2013
126 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
Don’t forget to cancel your autopay on Freedom prepaid LOL🤦🏻‍♂️
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
5688 posts
5319 upvotes
Downtown Canada
drumcode wrote: Don’t forget to cancel your autopay on Freedom prepaid LOL🤦🏻‍♂️
If you port out, lien is cancelled, so you can't cancel auto pay on a cancelled line Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
May 28, 2007
95 posts
18 upvotes
Vancouver
I ported out to Freedom from Koodo last Friday, and just received this winback call offer today at 4pm PST...
Dec 29, 2013
126 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
TransporterSD wrote: If you port out, lien is cancelled, so you can't cancel auto pay on a cancelled line Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
That's what I thought! ....and the temporary number remained active on freedom...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
6004 posts
1003 upvotes
gunmetalgrey wrote: I ported out to Freedom from Koodo last Friday, and just received this winback call offer today at 4pm PST...
$45/25gb?
Sep 5, 2005
866 posts
1535 upvotes
Victoria
drumcode wrote: That's what I thought! ....and the temporary number remained active on freedom...
Something odd must have happened with your port. When you port out a number, it doesn't revert to a different (temporary number). Did you have a third carrier involved?
Sep 5, 2005
866 posts
1535 upvotes
Victoria
tofinoguy wrote: Well, I got my Freedom bill that reflects my port-out. I had switched to a post-paid Freedom account. In the end, they didn't honour the trial period and I did pay for the proportional number of days that I used on the Freedom network. However, they did reverse the activation fee which was supposedly non-refundable and which I was expecting to pay. I ended up having to pay less than the activation fee for the number of days used, so I'm not going to press the trial period with them.

Do I need to do anything to get Freedom to refund me the balance on my account? Will it come by cheque or refund to the credit card on file?
Final update: I called in to ask if I needed to request a refund of the balance, and was told I should expect a cheque in about 6 weeks. It seems the agent was misinformed, because Freedom automatically refunded the balance after cancellation to the credit card on file. Took less than a week from when my final bill was generated.
May 28, 2007
95 posts
18 upvotes
Vancouver
champ91 wrote: $45/25gb?
Yup with $10 family credit since I also brought my girlfriend's line over on the same plan, and also got the $80 one time credit for the first month.
So $40 each for 25 Gb. Can't complain with that. Was actually perfect timing as freedoms coverage sucked at my Richmond condo off no.3 road. Am only able to get 3G so we were glad that this came up when it did.

Edited: fixed typo
Last edited by gunmetalgrey on Oct 27th, 2020 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.