Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Telus Mobility

Winback Offer $45 25GB BYOD (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2022 1:43 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2007
1479 posts
1645 upvotes
What's the logic behind making such plans BYOD only? Don't they want you to buy a device and commit to 2 years?
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
civic_82 wrote: I ported out of Telus to Rogers...... Wonder if I'll get a call
quickfg2 wrote: Thank you op for posting.
I got an email from Koodo win back last week and have yet to call them to find out what’s being offered. Then I saw this thread and figured it’s a good time to call and see.
Rep gave me $45 25gb plan with unlimited nationwide minutes talk text and the whole 9. On top of that you get 1000 international long distance minutes.
Then the rep offered me Telus option as well. Same deal but no long D minutes but you get 512kb speed after your high speed runs out for the same $45.
I said no thanks and want to go with Koodo cause I was thinking in my mind that I can tack on a tab for a phone down the road. Then he quickly changed and said Telus is the better choice because of unlimited data, better customer service, blah blah blah.
I said no Telus thanks and he just kept pushing me to go with Telus and tried Persuade me by offering me waiving of the $40 activation fee plus $40 Bill credit if I go with Telus. I said I’d do it for Koodo but not Telus and he said sorry it’s only offered for Telus. I said no thanks and hung up.

What’s with pushing me to Telus?
so they can raise your plan cost after a year 🤪
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
Zaptor99 wrote: What's the logic behind making such plans BYOD only? Don't they want you to buy a device and commit to 2 years?
Lure you in and then only offers tabs that requires you to change to a more expensive plan.
Dec 23, 2011
184 posts
99 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Pochacco wrote: so they can raise your plan cost after a year 🤪
I told the REP that was part of my concern with Telus where there were instances where people's rate plans got raised without consent and he assured me that never happens cause they don't have the ability to change customers plans without consent.
My thought was that maybe the rep will get more commission if I go telus instead of koodo.
Dec 23, 2011
184 posts
99 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
vkizzle wrote: Lure you in and then only offers tabs that requires you to change to a more expensive plan.
But I went to Koodo website and it shows that you can get a pixel 4 phone on a plan starting at $35. I don't understand how the tab and plan rate works.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
quickfg2 wrote: But I went to Koodo website and it shows that you can get a pixel 4 phone on a plan starting at $35. I don't understand how the tab and plan rate works.
Pixel 4 at regular price or with credits?
Dec 15, 2017
706 posts
808 upvotes
Vancouver
quickfg2 wrote: I told the REP that was part of my concern with Telus where there were instances where people's rate plans got raised without consent and he assured me that never happens cause they don't have the ability to change customers plans without consent.
My thought was that maybe the rep will get more commission if I go telus instead of koodo.
That's a straight up lie. We all saw what Telus did after one year of that 10GB/$60 plan where they raised it to $70, whereas everyone else raised it to $65 (and Koodo didn't rise it at all).
Koodo has a reputation of not raising prices on existing plans so they probably want to maintain that therefore pushing people to Telus to make more money.
Last edited by intelpentium400 on Sep 23rd, 2020 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fido Black Friday 2023: 70GB/$34 (40GB+30GB Bonus)
Shaw/Rogers: 500Mbps/$55
"Retail is for suckers" - Cosmo Kramer
Oct 22, 2007
359 posts
267 upvotes
So.... has anybody had any luck calling the number and getting the plan? I gave up after being on hold for 10 mins.
Apr 23, 2016
717 posts
960 upvotes
Kelowna
I was with Telus for 15+ years and paying $70 for 2 gigs and unlimited calling. They wouldn't offer anything better (lol) so I ported out and never received a winback call. I'm not sure who they choose to call if they don't even call a 15 year loyal customer who never missed a payment...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9135 posts
7096 upvotes
West GTEH!
Zaptor99 wrote: What's the logic behind making such plans BYOD only? Don't they want you to buy a device and commit to 2 years?
Pochacco wrote: so they can raise your plan cost after a year 🤪
vkizzle wrote: Lure you in and then only offers tabs that requires you to change to a more expensive plan.
All of this. That's why I left Koodo.
Will see if I get a Winback call/offer. Probably not. I Ported out of Koodo in March 2020.
😎
Dec 12, 2009
360 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
Left koodo for rogers earlier this year for $50/15GB
Called and was offered $50/9GB
Dec 23, 2011
184 posts
99 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
vkizzle wrote: Pixel 4 at regular price or with credits?
That's with discount.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
R35gtr wrote: I was with Telus for 15+ years and paying $70 for 2 gigs and unlimited calling. They wouldn't offer anything better (lol) so I ported out and never received a winback call. I'm not sure who they choose to call if they don't even call a 15 year loyal customer who never missed a payment...
They had you hooked. Why would they offer you a cheaper plan?
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2019
1205 posts
886 upvotes
Brampton
i am talking to loyalty now and he is still checking it for me, he asked me for the phone number who got the plan. i am an existing koodo customer
Dec 15, 2009
517 posts
84 upvotes
GTA
R35gtr wrote: I was with Telus for 15+ years and paying $70 for 2 gigs and unlimited calling. They wouldn't offer anything better (lol) so I ported out and never received a winback call. I'm not sure who they choose to call if they don't even call a 15 year loyal customer who never missed a payment...
They made enough money from you in the passed 15 years. LOL
POCO F3 NFC + Public Mobile $6. Fido data only 4G $0. Ignite internet 1.5G + streaming + 1 Wi Fi Pod $39.99 - 2 years
Dec 23, 2011
184 posts
99 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
intelpentium400 wrote: That's a straight up lie. We all saw what Telus did after one year of that 10GB/$60 plan where they raised it to $70, whereas everyone else raised it to $65 (and Koodo didn't rise it at all).
Koodo has a reputation of not raises prices on existing plans so they probably want to maintain that therefore pushing people to Telus to make more money.
Thanks a lot for jogging my memory. Now I remember that fiasco with bumping up after 1 year.
Yes thank god I did not fall for the trap with that rep. I will most likely call back today and just sign up for koodo.
Then down the road try my luck with adding a phone to my plan via self serve.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9135 posts
7096 upvotes
West GTEH!
We are just a Number to these Companies. If we don't generate enough Revenue for them they will find another Customer who will.

I was like you, Telus Customer for 15 + Years, getting a Grandfathered Plan. 1 day I called Telus saying XYZ was offering a better plan at a lower price, Can Telus match it? Telus said no. I said Adios Telus.
😎
Jun 30, 2016
250 posts
654 upvotes
Vancouver
intelpentium400 wrote: That's a straight up lie. We all saw what Telus did after one year of that 10GB/$60 plan where they raised it to $70, whereas everyone else raised it to $65 (and Koodo didn't rise it at all).
Koodo has a reputation of not raises prices on existing plans so they probably want to maintain that therefore pushing people to Telus to make more money.
I also told the rep that I was concerned about this. He said "that was because of promotional credit that can expire or be changed at any time. Since this $45 plan is strictly BYOD and has no promos, you don't have to worry" HA. Sure.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9734 upvotes
BC
Yeah the rep was lying through his teeth. They can't change the plan without consent on a contract but since the $60/10gb were initially BYOD plans, they were able to bump the price.

Notice how all these winback plans are usually BYOD? Winking Face
intelpentium400 wrote:
That's a straight up lie. We all saw what Telus did after one year of that 10GB/$60 plan where they raised it to $70, whereas everyone else raised it to $65 (and Koodo didn't rise it at all).
quickfg2 wrote: Thanks a lot for jogging my memory. Now I remember that fiasco with bumping up after 1 year.
Yes thank god I did not fall for the trap with that rep. I will most likely call back today and just sign up for koodo.
Then down the road try my luck with adding a phone to my plan via self serve.
Last edited by peakingduck on Sep 17th, 2020 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1733 posts
1761 upvotes
Markham, ON
You could have just gone online and did a rate plan change wiithout contacting anyone to the $75/mo 20GB plan yourself..
Last edited by GT_647 on Sep 17th, 2020 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)