Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Telus Mobility

Winback Offer $45 25GB BYOD (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2022 1:43 pm
Sep 29, 2014
782 posts
565 upvotes
GTA
redflag0 wrote: did you port to freedom post or prepaid?
I did post paid myself, but other than a credit hit it shouldn't matter.
Oct 18, 2011
214 posts
129 upvotes
CALGARY
Wolfdale wrote: Were you hit with a credit check when you were signed up on koodo again?
I'm not sure, he didn't mention anything about a credit check so I hope not!
Jul 19, 2016
600 posts
463 upvotes
Ontario
owen81 wrote: I'm not sure, he didn't mention anything about a credit check so I hope not!
Sorry off topic..... but what’s wrong with getting credit checks?
Sep 30, 2013
89 posts
37 upvotes
steviee32m wrote: I can confirm this deal is good for Ontario. I ported from Koodo to Freedom today and was able to get this plan with Telus today. Thanks OP.
Which number you called? I call the 833 number and nobody answer the phone
Sep 29, 2014
782 posts
565 upvotes
GTA
I was hit with a credit check during the Telus account setup process, a credit card was one of my ID's that I used for the process.
Maybe if you gave them your DL and SIN instead you might have avoided it, for now, IDK.
Mar 3, 2019
310 posts
337 upvotes
D50M83 wrote: I was hit with a credit check during the Telus account setup process, a credit card was one of my ID's that I used for the process.
Maybe if you gave them your DL and SIN instead you might have avoided it, for now, IDK.
I gave them my credit card and SIN, but didn't receive a credit check on my TransUnion or Equifax. Maybe since I already have home services with them?
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
3097 posts
1514 upvotes
QC, Canada
It take fews weeks at least and sometime 1-2 months to show on your credit reports
Mar 3, 2019
310 posts
337 upvotes
koontzy wrote: It take fews weeks at least and sometime 1-2 months to show on your credit reports
For the trade account yeah, but I've never seen that with inquiries. I have monitoring with both bureaus and I'm alerted next day after a credit check.
Oct 26, 2010
475 posts
170 upvotes
Langley
lbchen123 wrote: Which number you called? I call the 833 number and nobody answer the phone
I called 866 number today
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1715 posts
2239 upvotes
Toronto
sunstar1980 wrote: Sorry off topic..... but what’s wrong with getting credit checks?
Your credit rating takes a slight hit when a hard check is run. Honestly, for most people it's not a big deal unless you already have terrible credit or are planning to ask for credit in the near future. It will rebound back.
May 21, 2012
207 posts
41 upvotes
Calgary
For anyone that has received the winback deal , how long did it take for the Telus sim card to be sent to you?
Sep 16, 2020
26 posts
28 upvotes
joshee86 wrote: For anyone that has received the winback deal , how long did it take for the Telus sim card to be sent to you?
I don’t believe anyone has received their SIM yet. I got my shipping email today
Sep 12, 2018
404 posts
222 upvotes
@DizzyYak Could share if you already got your plan? Were you able to get a tab? Could you share a screenshot of your account?
2017 - Koodo - $35/5GB
2019 - Zoomer - $40/6GB
2020 - Telus - 2x $40/25GB
2022 - Koodo - 2x $35/50GB
2022 - PS5 - $207 - SDM Big Redemption Event
2022 - OLED 55" - $350 - Skyworth OLED 55"
Jul 15, 2003
911 posts
637 upvotes
Ottawa
jcbDeals wrote: I gave them my credit card and SIN, but didn't receive a credit check on my TransUnion or Equifax. Maybe since I already have home services with them?
Why is everyone giving Telus their SIN? It is not needed for any credit check, and should not be given for that reason.

The only time you should provide your SIN is to the government for benefits/taxes or to a business that will be issuing you tax slips (ie financial institutions or your employer)

See this link for details:
https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-soc ... otect.html
Mar 3, 2019
310 posts
337 upvotes
rodenti wrote: Why is everyone giving Telus their SIN? It is not needed for any credit check, and should not be given for that reason.

The only time you should provide your SIN is to the government for benefits/taxes or to a business that will be issuing you tax slips (ie financial institutions or your employer)

See this link for details:
https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-soc ... otect.html
I am aware of that. This is the first time I've ever given a company my SIN for credit verification. Just didn't have my license handy when signing up. If my identity is suddenly stolen at least I know who to go after.
Dec 22, 2011
39 posts
16 upvotes
Vancouver
Hmm, started the port from Koodo to Freedom at 4pm and it still hasn't gone through.... anyone else have issues with that?
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2005
2288 posts
3265 upvotes
Victoria
CptAmazing wrote: Hmm, started the port from Koodo to Freedom at 4pm and it still hasn't gone through.... anyone else have issues with that?
You may have to call Koodo to remove Port Protection.
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135824 upvotes
888888 upvotes
jcbDeals wrote: I am aware of that. This is the first time I've ever given a company my SIN for credit verification. Just didn't have my license handy when signing up. If my identity is suddenly stolen at least I know who to go after.
U have no way to prove that they leaked your information.
Hard to win any battles against these big telecoms
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2012
1145 posts
544 upvotes
I was a Telus customer 8 years ago. I'm with Rogers now. Can I get this deal?