Expired Hot Deals

[Telus Mobility] Winback Offer $45 25GB BYOD (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2020 10:12 am
Oct 13, 2017
50 posts
3 upvotes
Debating trying this. I’m a current Koodo user paying 60 for 12 gigs. Has anyone ported out only to end up not receiving the offer but then you get screwed cause you lost your plan? I guess worst case is you just go back and pick a new plan with Koodo?
Sep 16, 2020
25 posts
28 upvotes
604guyy wrote: Debating trying this. I’m a current Koodo user paying 60 for 12 gigs. Has anyone ported out only to end up not receiving the offer but then you get screwed cause you lost your plan? I guess worst case is you just go back and pick a new plan with Koodo?
When I left Koodo in the past. I was able to port back in and get my old plan back.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1898 posts
1368 upvotes
604guyy wrote: Debating trying this. I’m a current Koodo user paying 60 for 12 gigs. Has anyone ported out only to end up not receiving the offer but then you get screwed cause you lost your plan? I guess worst case is you just go back and pick a new plan with Koodo?
JohnDoeHancock wrote: When I left Koodo in the past. I was able to port back in and get my old plan back.
Depends on the plan you had. If it's a available market plan or available promotional plan.
I doubt if you had a PM migration plan you would be able to get that back of you weren't able to get this plan.
Oct 26, 2010
376 posts
94 upvotes
Langley
Port out to shaw 20 hours ago,
Still no winback call,,,
Hmmmm
Sep 16, 2020
25 posts
28 upvotes
Chewfam wrote: Depends on the plan you had. If it's a available market plan or available promotional plan.
I doubt if you had a PM migration plan you would be able to get that back of you weren't able to get this plan.
I was able to get my $25/1GB QC plan with the $15/10GB back.

I DMd customer service on Twitter and they reactivated like I never left.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2624 posts
3548 upvotes
BC
audit13 wrote: It could be done in the past. A relative ported her # directly from Koodo to a Telus EPP about 3 months ago.

I don't think I missed a step in that the person wants to not risk losing their existing $45/8 GB plan; therefore, s/he was planning to open a new Koodo line, port to freedom, port back to Koodo with the $45/25 GB plan, and move the number from the $45/8GB Koodo plan to the $45/25 GB Koodo plan.
Isn't the poster's objective to get the $45/25gb plan, not an EPP plan? how would they get it without porting to a competitor?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16573 posts
2990 upvotes
Toronto
peakingduck wrote: Isn't the poster's objective to get the $45/25gb plan, not an EPP plan? how would they get it without porting to a competitor?
I was responding to a someone who said numbers can't be ported from Koodo to Telus. This was not true in the case of a relative who ported a number from Koodo directly to Telus.

Another person was I was referring in my reply wants to open a new Koodo line, port the new line out, port the new line back with a win back offer, and move their existing number from one Koodo line ($45/8) to another Koodo line ($45/25). Carriers stopped doing number/plan swaps a few years ago. In other words, the number associated with their existing $45/8 plan can't be moved to another line with the same carrier.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2009
1429 posts
235 upvotes
Surrey, BC
DanC13127 wrote: My idea was a new sim with Koodo to be ported out and then call and get the deal. New line. Once it’s done can I port the older phone number into the new one.
Let me know if this works. If so, I'll get a new line and port it over freedom, call in and get the deal, port back and replace the new # that would have the deal with my current #. I'm still on the $48 5 gig SK/MB plan which works for me but a cheaper plan with more data is a no brainer.
Dec 15, 2017
61 posts
49 upvotes
DizzyYak wrote: UPDATE #7: The 866 number above is closed. Use 1-833-348-3589
So that 1-833 number is a legit Koodo #? Can't really find any info about it on Google other than a few RFD threads and one Koodo community thread (all made within the last month).
My Google dialer app marked it as spam when I got a call from it on Tuesday.
Currently a Koodo customer, so if legit I would be curious to what they are calling for.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16573 posts
2990 upvotes
Toronto
Ryanix wrote: So that 1-833 number is a legit Koodo #? Can't really find any info about it on Google other than a few RFD threads and one Koodo community thread (all made within the last month).
Currently a Koodo customer, so if legit I would be curious to what they are calling for.
Koodo is 1-866?
Oct 13, 2018
298 posts
336 upvotes
Ryanix wrote: So that 1-833 number is a legit Koodo #? Can't really find any info about it on Google other than a few RFD threads and one Koodo community thread (all made within the last month).
All network numbers are marked as Spam. My voicemail is marked as Spam lol
Sep 16, 2020
25 posts
28 upvotes
Just recieved access to my Telus account as well as shipping confirmation for my SIM. Photo attached.
Images
  • 1756418A-65AB-48AE-AC6A-6714385135DE.jpeg
Sep 12, 2018
186 posts
116 upvotes
Does anyone knows how long this winback will last? I don't feel like going to a store so I was going to order a freedom sim card online with the $19/1.5GB prepaid plan but I am not sure how long it would take to get here.
Also does anyone knows how much a new prepaid activation would cost with Freedom?

Would it be $10 for sim card + $10 activation fee + $19 for plan = $39?
Koodo - $35/5GB
Zoomer - $40/6GB
Telus - 2x $40/25GB
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2979 posts
3632 upvotes
Justonemore wrote: Does anyone knows how long this winback will last? I don't feel like going to a store so I was going to order a freedom sim card online with the $19/1.5GB prepaid plan but I am not sure how long it would take to get here.
Also does anyone knows how much a new prepaid activation would cost with Freedom?

Would it be $10 for sim card + $10 activation fee + $19 for plan = $39?
If you go to a store (Walmart) Sim will be free + activation fee can be waived with a code.
Might as well save the $20
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Sep 12, 2018
186 posts
116 upvotes
NavieM wrote: If you go to a store (Walmart) Sim will be free + activation fee can be waived with a code.
Might as well save the $20
Thank you @NavieM you are helpful as always. Do I have to say anything to them or will they offer me that right of the bat?
Also do you know if this $19/1.5GB prepaid plan from freedom is really $19 from the first bill? Their website says that but freedom store says only on the second bill.
Koodo - $35/5GB
Zoomer - $40/6GB
Telus - 2x $40/25GB

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)