Expired Hot Deals

[Telus Mobility] Winback Offer $45 25GB BYOD (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 27th, 2020 9:10 am
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2983 posts
3634 upvotes
Justonemore wrote: Thank you @NavieM you are helpful as always. Do I have to say anything to them or will they offer me that right of the bat?
Also do you know if this $19/1.5GB prepaid plan from freedom is really $19 from the first bill? Their website says that but freedom store says only on the second bill.
Sim cards scan as a penny so that'll be fine. The code for activation fee waived will be applied on the last page of the agreement. It's CF10PRE (they can try it before fully activating and if it happens to not work, you don't have to submit it)
I believe it's second one as it's a $5 credit for 12 months + $5 autopay discount to bring it down that low but neither should be applying till second topup date (rep can always activate the number first and then on the top up page after activation itll show how much needs to be topped up, and then charge you for it)
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8382 posts
3568 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
GreenLean wrote: So are you saying that porting out isn't available thru the online account, and we must call in to a live rep (live chat possible?) to do it, for which they'll charge $10-$20 for porting out?

(Someone wrote bell/virgin charges $30-$40 after the first port which is free? Is this true? Bell actually not charging for something? Face With Tears Of Joy)
I think you're mistaking the process. Carrier can't charge you for "porting out", in fact they don't even know about the port out until the last minute, which cancels the service. Destination carrier initiates the port, not the original port out carrier.

What there is, is a fee if you call a Koodo live rep to do the "porting IN" for you, when there is a self-serve portal to do it for free. It's as simple as entering your phone number and the account holder name/number from an old invoice.
Aug 22, 2019
109 posts
59 upvotes
audit13 wrote: It could be done in the past. A relative ported her # directly from Koodo to a Telus EPP about 3 months ago.

I don't think I missed a step in that the person wants to not risk losing their existing $45/8 GB plan; therefore, s/he was planning to open a new Koodo line, port to freedom, port back to Koodo with the $45/25 GB plan, and move the number from the $45/8GB Koodo plan to the $45/25 GB Koodo plan.
I wanted to avoid losing the $45/8GB plan if the porting to the $45/25GB failed or I couldn't get the deal. I figure if I get a new sim and number, port that over and don't get it, I can just cancel that plan/number not the one I am on. If I can get the deal, close out the $45/8 plan and send my current phone number to the new $45/25gb plan. I live rural. So the more data I can get the better. But I am also cheap!
Feb 12, 2020
14 posts
3 upvotes
civic_82 wrote: I ported out of Telus to Rogers...... Wonder if I'll get a call
I don't think so. Go to Shaw for better chance.
Feb 15, 2018
210 posts
121 upvotes
DP: Called rep at number provided. I'm already with Koodo. Proceeded to give me a bit of a lecture about RFD (I didn't mention it at all) and that there was no way you can get this deal unless they reach out directly to you etc. etc.

FWIW.
Sep 9, 2015
187 posts
116 upvotes
GTA
tcelling wrote: DP: Called rep at number provided. I'm already with Koodo. Proceeded to give me a bit of a lecture about RFD (I didn't mention it at all) and that there was no way you can get this deal unless they reach out directly to you etc. etc.

FWIW.
Wow that’s crazy! Did they know you were with Koodo? They have caught on to the people who are trying to get this deal without porting out.
Oct 26, 2010
380 posts
94 upvotes
Langley
h2oever wrote: Port out to shaw 20 hours ago,
Still no winback call,,,
Hmmmm
Finally I got it!!!!!!!!!
Port out to shaw yesterday then called 866 number
Then success
I asked my other number that I port out to shaw end of August but no luck. Since over 15 days,
May 16, 2011
17 posts
8 upvotes
THORNHILL
Left Koodo when Fido offered the $50 for 20GB plan... Would love to hop back on to Koodo for this plan!
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2983 posts
3634 upvotes
DanC13127 wrote: I wanted to avoid losing the $45/8GB plan if the porting to the $45/25GB failed or I couldn't get the deal. I figure if I get a new sim and number, port that over and don't get it, I can just cancel that plan/number not the one I am on. If I can get the deal, close out the $45/8 plan and send my current phone number to the new $45/25gb plan. I live rural. So the more data I can get the better. But I am also cheap!
You would have to port the 8GB plan number out to a different carrier and port it back in over the new 25GB plan.
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1038 posts
849 upvotes
Markham, ON
DjDATZ wrote: Left Koodo when Fido offered the $50 for 20GB plan... Would love to hop back on to Koodo for this plan!
I don't believe Koodo is offering this. Only TELUS.
And you'll have a hard time from FIDO, you'd have to be with Freedom.
FIDO, Koodo, Public Mobile, TELUS customer.
Jun 27, 2018
27 posts
8 upvotes
h2oever wrote: Finally I got it!!!!!!!!!
Port out to shaw yesterday then called 866 number
Then success
I asked my other number that I port out to shaw end of August but no luck. Since over 15 days,
Did you get it with tab koodo or telus?
[OP]
Jun 30, 2016
163 posts
445 upvotes
Vancouver
Ryanix wrote: So that 1-833 number is a legit Koodo #? Can't really find any info about it on Google other than a few RFD threads and one Koodo community thread (all made within the last month).
My Google dialer app marked it as spam when I got a call from it on Tuesday.
Currently a Koodo customer, so if legit I would be curious to what they are calling for.
I didn’t use that number myself so you’ll have to make a decision for yourself based on the comments here. I tried the 866 number again and it was working so I’d personally stick to that one.
Feb 15, 2018
210 posts
121 upvotes
Ameliaski wrote: Wow that’s crazy! Did they know you were with Koodo? They have caught on to the people who are trying to get this deal without porting out.

Yeah they knew I was with Koodo as they took my name and number before saying anything else to me.

The rep only offered me the same plans on Koodo website. Nothing extra.

I'm on the $35/5gb so I just stood pat on what I have.
May 16, 2011
17 posts
8 upvotes
THORNHILL
at87on wrote: I don't believe Koodo is offering this. Only TELUS.
And you'll have a hard time from FIDO, you'd have to be with Freedom.
The 833 number provided very early in this thread is a Koodo number and the message specifically mentions a winback offer :)

Thread Information

There are currently 118 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 118 guests)