Expired Hot Deals

[Telus Mobility] Winback Offer $45 25GB BYOD (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 27th, 2020 9:10 am
Apr 7, 2006
294 posts
267 upvotes
h2oever wrote: Finally I got it!!!!!!!!!
Port out to shaw yesterday then called 866 number
Then success
I asked my other number that I port out to shaw end of August but no luck. Since over 15 days,
did they call you?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2983 posts
3634 upvotes
Activated telus monthly lines over chat to avoid the activation fee. Got 2 numbers. Will port to Freedom tomorrow and see if I have anything by the next day
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Feb 13, 2019
140 posts
47 upvotes
Can you get this plan as current telus customer
Port out to Shaw then call win back or koodo customers only ?
Sep 16, 2020
25 posts
28 upvotes
NavieM wrote: Activated telus monthly lines over chat to avoid the activation fee. Got 2 numbers. Will port to Freedom tomorrow and see if I have anything by the next day
I’m pretty sure you have to be with Koodo originally to get this win back offer.
Sep 12, 2018
191 posts
118 upvotes
I promise that is the last time I will bother you. Do you know if Walmart wireless opens at the same time as the store?
NavieM wrote: Sim cards scan as a penny so that'll be fine. The code for activation fee waived will be applied on the last page of the agreement. It's CF10PRE (they can try it before fully activating and if it happens to not work, you don't have to submit it)
I believe it's second one as it's a $5 credit for 12 months + $5 autopay discount to bring it down that low but neither should be applying till second topup date (rep can always activate the number first and then on the top up page after activation itll show how much needs to be topped up, and then charge you for it)
Koodo - $35/5GB
Zoomer - $40/6GB
Telus - 2x $40/25GB
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2983 posts
3634 upvotes
JohnDoeHancock wrote: I’m pretty sure you have to be with Koodo originally to get this win back offer.
When I called, the lady said Telus/Koodo customers who ported out within the last 15 days are able to get this offer.
If it doesn't work, im only out $40 for porting to freedom
Justonemore wrote: I promise that is the last time I will bother you. Do you know if Walmart wireless opens at the same time as the store?
Wireless dept usually opens at 10AM and stays open till either 8PM/9PM depending on the day and staffing situation
Nov 15, 2019
15 posts
157 upvotes
Justonemore wrote: I promise that is the last time I will bother you. Do you know if Walmart wireless opens at the same time as the store?
username checks out
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1038 posts
849 upvotes
Markham, ON
DjDATZ wrote: The 833 number provided very early in this thread is a Koodo number and the message specifically mentions a winback offer :)
Yes, even ex-Koodo customers get activated on nee Telus account with this win back offer if I’m not mistaken.
FIDO, Koodo, Public Mobile, TELUS customer.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8382 posts
3568 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
at87on wrote: Yes, even ex-Koodo customers get activated on nee Telus account with this win back offer if I’m not mistaken.
I was tempted to try but this is a dealbreaker for me. For some very odd reason I have an EPP which is only for Koodo and not Telus.

Guess I'll stay $40/6GB for now.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1556 posts
883 upvotes
Earth
Since this is BYOD for the $45 25GB plan, it's month to month, meaning they could/likely increase the rate with 30 days notice? Still worth it to try, especially with a starting rate of $45.
Telus $45 25GB, Unlimited talk/text Nationwide
Public Mobile
Sep 12, 2018
191 posts
118 upvotes
NavieM wrote: Activated telus monthly lines over chat to avoid the activation fee. Got 2 numbers. Will port to Freedom tomorrow and see if I have anything by the next day
Did you go for prepaid or monthly plan? How would that help in this process? Wouldn't they NOT give this offer to you since you already have two lines with them?
Koodo - $35/5GB
Zoomer - $40/6GB
Telus - 2x $40/25GB
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2983 posts
3634 upvotes
Justonemore wrote: Did you go for prepaid or monthly plan? How would that help in this process? Wouldn't they NOT give this offer to you since you already have two lines with them?
I did monthly. I don't think prepaid really gets targeted for any winback offers.
They might not since I still have 2 lines, but the cost is low enough that I'm willing to try it out.

Hopefully it works, but I wont be too disappointed if it doesn't
Dec 3, 2016
112 posts
62 upvotes
I can confirm this deal is good for Ontario. I ported from Koodo to Freedom today and was able to get this plan with Telus today. Thanks OP.

Thread Information

There are currently 121 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 121 guests)