Expired Hot Deals

[Telus Mobility] Winback Offer $45 25GB BYOD (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2020 10:12 am
Sep 29, 2014
688 posts
320 upvotes
GTA
redflag0 wrote: did you port to freedom post or prepaid?
I did post paid myself, but other than a credit hit it shouldn't matter.
Oct 18, 2011
118 posts
33 upvotes
CALGARY
Wolfdale wrote: Were you hit with a credit check when you were signed up on koodo again?
I'm not sure, he didn't mention anything about a credit check so I hope not!
Jul 19, 2016
305 posts
131 upvotes
Ontario
owen81 wrote: I'm not sure, he didn't mention anything about a credit check so I hope not!
Sorry off topic..... but what’s wrong with getting credit checks?
Sep 30, 2013
75 posts
32 upvotes
steviee32m wrote: I can confirm this deal is good for Ontario. I ported from Koodo to Freedom today and was able to get this plan with Telus today. Thanks OP.
Which number you called? I call the 833 number and nobody answer the phone
Sep 29, 2014
688 posts
320 upvotes
GTA
I was hit with a credit check during the Telus account setup process, a credit card was one of my ID's that I used for the process.
Maybe if you gave them your DL and SIN instead you might have avoided it, for now, IDK.
Mar 3, 2019
140 posts
166 upvotes
Vancouver
D50M83 wrote: I was hit with a credit check during the Telus account setup process, a credit card was one of my ID's that I used for the process.
Maybe if you gave them your DL and SIN instead you might have avoided it, for now, IDK.
I gave them my credit card and SIN, but didn't receive a credit check on my TransUnion or Equifax. Maybe since I already have home services with them?
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
2622 posts
992 upvotes
QC, Canada
It take fews weeks at least and sometime 1-2 months to show on your credit reports
Mar 3, 2019
140 posts
166 upvotes
Vancouver
koontzy wrote: It take fews weeks at least and sometime 1-2 months to show on your credit reports
For the trade account yeah, but I've never seen that with inquiries. I have monitoring with both bureaus and I'm alerted next day after a credit check.
Oct 26, 2010
376 posts
94 upvotes
Langley
lbchen123 wrote: Which number you called? I call the 833 number and nobody answer the phone
I called 866 number today
Feb 14, 2019
894 posts
862 upvotes
sunstar1980 wrote: Sorry off topic..... but what’s wrong with getting credit checks?
Your credit rating takes a slight hit when a hard check is run. Honestly, for most people it's not a big deal unless you already have terrible credit or are planning to ask for credit in the near future. It will rebound back.
May 21, 2012
120 posts
22 upvotes
Calgary
For anyone that has received the winback deal , how long did it take for the Telus sim card to be sent to you?
Sep 16, 2020
25 posts
28 upvotes
joshee86 wrote: For anyone that has received the winback deal , how long did it take for the Telus sim card to be sent to you?
I don’t believe anyone has received their SIM yet. I got my shipping email today
Sep 12, 2018
186 posts
116 upvotes
@DizzyYak Could share if you already got your plan? Were you able to get a tab? Could you share a screenshot of your account?
Koodo - $35/5GB
Zoomer - $40/6GB
Telus - 2x $40/25GB
Jul 15, 2003
697 posts
229 upvotes
Ottawa
jcbDeals wrote: I gave them my credit card and SIN, but didn't receive a credit check on my TransUnion or Equifax. Maybe since I already have home services with them?
Why is everyone giving Telus their SIN? It is not needed for any credit check, and should not be given for that reason.

The only time you should provide your SIN is to the government for benefits/taxes or to a business that will be issuing you tax slips (ie financial institutions or your employer)

See this link for details:
https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-soc ... otect.html

Thread Information

There are currently 38 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 38 guests)