Expired Hot Deals

[Telus Mobility] Winback Offer $45 25GB BYOD (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 5:58 am
Mar 3, 2019
139 posts
166 upvotes
Vancouver
rodenti wrote: Why is everyone giving Telus their SIN? It is not needed for any credit check, and should not be given for that reason.

The only time you should provide your SIN is to the government for benefits/taxes or to a business that will be issuing you tax slips (ie financial institutions or your employer)

See this link for details:
https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-soc ... otect.html
I am aware of that. This is the first time I've ever given a company my SIN for credit verification. Just didn't have my license handy when signing up. If my identity is suddenly stolen at least I know who to go after.
Dec 22, 2011
38 posts
16 upvotes
Vancouver
Hmm, started the port from Koodo to Freedom at 4pm and it still hasn't gone through.... anyone else have issues with that?
Sep 5, 2005
741 posts
1384 upvotes
Victoria
CptAmazing wrote: Hmm, started the port from Koodo to Freedom at 4pm and it still hasn't gone through.... anyone else have issues with that?
You may have to call Koodo to remove Port Protection.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9033 posts
53663 upvotes
Ontario
jcbDeals wrote: I am aware of that. This is the first time I've ever given a company my SIN for credit verification. Just didn't have my license handy when signing up. If my identity is suddenly stolen at least I know who to go after.
U have no way to prove that they leaked your information.
Hard to win any battles against these big telecoms
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
Nov 4, 2012
568 posts
144 upvotes
I was a Telus customer 8 years ago. I'm with Rogers now. Can I get this deal?
Mar 20, 2018
133 posts
300 upvotes
GreenLean wrote: Is there a fee to port out by either cell Company porting out of or porting to? Thinking Face
No idea sorry. But I can only tell u that when I was hacked (for a lack of better term) and I ported back to Koodo there was no charge. I'm assuming circumstantial since I did not initialize it. It's the activations that you would pay upon normal circumstances.
Dec 3, 2016
112 posts
62 upvotes
lbchen123 wrote: Which number you called? I call the 833 number and nobody answer the phone
I called the 1844 number.
Oct 26, 2010
376 posts
94 upvotes
Langley
Anyone who successfully did this deal registered mytelus account yet? I have error(?) msg when I register account
Images
  • 0DD68431-BCE3-4419-A4EA-7401C4706246.png
Jan 5, 2007
183 posts
44 upvotes
h2oever wrote: Anyone who successfully did this deal registered mytelus account yet? I have error(?) msg when I register account
Mine was like that too when I first signed up. It took a day for my accounts to show up in mytelus app.
Sep 16, 2020
25 posts
28 upvotes
h2oever wrote: Anyone who successfully did this deal registered mytelus account yet? I have error(?) msg when I register account
It may take a day or two. It did for me.
Jan 16, 2013
128 posts
80 upvotes
North York
that's normal, once they send you a SIM you'll see it active.

decided to pick up a SIM and ported back with no issues.
Aug 19, 2019
11 posts
14 upvotes
I was with Koodo a year ago and switched to a Freedom student discount plan ($65 - $15 - $5 = 45 for 12GB + 1GB nationwide) on my Uni's campus and the best they could offer me was Koodo's plan for $55 - 10GB which is $10 more and less data so I'm going to wait until a better offer comes along 'cause I still have a year left on this plan and might as well use it.
Sep 30, 2013
75 posts
32 upvotes
got the plan,

I am in GTA. I do have a tab with koodo, but it is before they change their policy, so I believe I just need to pay the tab balance.

So I port to freedom on Saturday.
call 1-866-448-8030 this morning (Monday), told them that I ported to freedom recently, and heard from my friend that there are some windback offers, the rep confirmed with me that if I received call from them, I said YES. Then after 5 minutes check, the rep told me that I could get the offer.
The following steps are quite smooth. Just have to provide them all my info as they mentioned that they do not have my info available.

I have received the email confirmation about the Telus order and plan details, now waiting for the SIM card to be shipped out.

Thanks all the the help and information provided here.

Good luck for everyone.
Sep 9, 2015
184 posts
114 upvotes
GTA
To people who ported out to Freedom mobile postpaid, do you know how your charges would look if you ported out to Telus with the offer within 5 days of freedom activation? Someone mentioned you could get a whole refund minus the activation fees but Freedom's website does not mention that for only sim card (no phone) returns. My concern is that if I go that avenue they will cancel the account and I might lose my number. Ideally, it should be activation fees $20 plus days of usage right? I am ok with this since i did use their service for 5 days.

Thread Information

There are currently 20 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 20 guests)