Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Telus Mobility] YMMV Telus Winback 25GB $150/5 lines ( = 25GB $30/mo)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2021 9:26 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 22, 2019
10 posts
20 upvotes

[Telus Mobility] YMMV Telus Winback 25GB $150/5 lines ( = 25GB $30/mo)

Retailer:
Telus Mobility
More offers from Telus Mobility
I just got a call from Telus (1-866-369-9826) after I ported a Telus prepaid number to Freedom with this offer:

$150/mo for 5 lines
- 5x 25GB (512Kbps after limit) porting in from Freedom)
$45 activation fee waiver for each line

I was also offered the following:

$140/mo for 4 lines
- 3x 25GB (512Kbps after limit) porting in from Freedom
- 1x 20GB (512Kbps after limit) porting in from Fido

Which works out to $30/mo for any line ported in from Freedom. Apparently the normal rate is $45/mo for any other carrier but there's an extra $15/mo win back for Freedom lines.

YMMV! Not sure if you can call in to get this offer. I just ported a number to Freedom today, so most likely that's why Telus called me.

Sorry if this breaks any rules or isn't formatted correctly, this is my first time posting.
Last edited by moldee5 on Dec 3rd, 2020 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
172 replies
Newbie
Nov 19, 2015
41 posts
41 upvotes
White Rock, BC
This definitely has the Family discount involved, 15$ off each line with 4+ lines. 10 off each line for 3, 5 off each for 2 line and none for 1
Member
Dec 14, 2017
323 posts
219 upvotes
Vancouver
@moldee5 - Thx for the post!

A few Q

How long were you with Telus for?
Confirming if it was a peace of mind plan (no overage, 5G included)
Any device credits etc?
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 22, 2019
10 posts
20 upvotes
I was with Telus for 2 months on a $10 prepaid plan, and still somehow got this offer.

This is the Peace of Mind plan, so it should include 5G.

I was offered 4x Samsung Galaxy S20 5G for $310/mo instead of $140/mo.
Last edited by moldee5 on Dec 3rd, 2020 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 5, 2013
5419 posts
1290 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
moldee5 wrote: I just got a call from Telus (1-866-369-9826) after I ported a Telus prepaid number to Freedom with this offer:

$150/mo for 5 lines
- 5x 25GB (512Kbps after limit) porting in from Freedom)
$45 activation fee waiver for each line

I was also offered the following:

$140/mo for 4 lines
- 3x 25GB (512Kbps after limit) porting in from Freedom
- 1x 20GB (512Kbps after limit) porting in from Fido

Which works out to $30/mo for any line ported in from Freedom. Apparently the normal rate is $45/mo for any other carrier but there's an extra $15/mo win back for Freedom lines.

YMMV! Not sure if you can call in to get this offer. I just ported a number to Freedom today, so most likely that's why Telus called me.

Sorry if this breaks any rules or isn't formatted correctly, this is my first time posting.
Good deal, If you can get any phone mid or highend hot deal.

Freedom Mobile F&F

Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1558 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
This is a crazy good deal!
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1055 posts
1025 upvotes
Isn't this a repost of the 4000 post/268 page thread? It's $30 because there is a discount for each additional line.
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 22, 2019
10 posts
20 upvotes
I am in Ontario, but got the call for a BC number
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 22, 2019
10 posts
20 upvotes
You are correct, as linked by @chewfam. I wasn't aware of that thread before
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 22, 2007
27022 posts
6395 upvotes
Hamilton
That’s crazy
$35/10GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3169 posts
5292 upvotes
Kinda tempted to try this again. I got 2 lines last time but wanted 1 or 2 more
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Sr. Member
May 24, 2017
749 posts
494 upvotes
GTA
So... the game is get a prepaid plan with Telus. Keep for a while, then port out to Freedom, then let the winback game begin ?
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2002
1739 posts
1417 upvotes
Mississauga
Paulie1RFD wrote: So... the game is get a prepaid plan with Telus. Keep for a while, then port out to Freedom, then let the winback game begin ?
get a prepaid plan from telus
move to the cheapest freedom plan
call the number in the OP and tell them you received a winback call
hopefully be offered the 25gb plan for $45 (less if you add more lines)
Sr. Member
May 24, 2017
749 posts
494 upvotes
GTA
And... is this pricing for 12 months, 24 months, forever as long as you don't change plans or port out ?
Member
Aug 30, 2018
378 posts
161 upvotes
Brampton
moldee5 wrote: I am in Ontario, but got the call for a BC number
Which means you had a BC area code number on an Ontario address?

Sorry but can you eventually port an Ontario number on that line?
Newbie
Sep 13, 2013
58 posts
33 upvotes
Waterloo
The family discount is actually a $15 credit applied to the bill after tax per line.

So when you look at your bill, it's $45 less about $13.27.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 19, 2015
5903 posts
5679 upvotes
Downtown Canada
That's what I have from the other thread which is now expired. This is $45 dollar plan per line, anything over 4 lines gets $15 discount per line

Top