• Sep 14th, 2021 1:02 am
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 1, 2020
6 posts
6 upvotes
Edmonton, AB

Telus not Honouring the plan they gave me in phone

I recently ported my two cell phone connection from Koodo to Virgin. Plan was 10GB Data + 1000Long Distance minutes +unlimited Canada wide call+text = Total 75CAD for 2 connections.
I got a winback offer from Telus last week offering me 20GB Data+1000Long Distance minutes and Unlimited Canada wide call+text. for total 65CAD for two connections.
I ported to telus 2 days ago and found my 1000LD minute was missing. I called Telus and they are now saying they won't give me that unless I pay 25$. They are only apologizing and that is no use to me. They are telling me that you can check with other companies that offer the deal. Do I have any other option other than porting?
What should I do If a company call me and offered something a not honoring the phone conversation.
10 replies
Sep 12, 2018
251 posts
179 upvotes
Edmonton
toolmaker wrote: I recently ported my two cell phone connection from Koodo to Virgin. Plan was 10GB Data + 1000Long Distance minutes +unlimited Canada wide call+text = Total 75CAD for 2 connections.
I got a winback offer from Telus last week offering me 20GB Data+1000Long Distance minutes and Unlimited Canada wide call+text. for total 65CAD for two connections.
I ported to telus 2 days ago and found my 1000LD minute was missing. I called Telus and they are now saying they won't give me that unless I pay 25$. They are only apologizing and that is no use to me. They are telling me that you can check with other companies that offer the deal. Do I have any other option other than porting?
What should I do If a company call me and offered something a not honoring the phone conversation.
Did you have the plan on writing (i.e. contract document). If yes, complain to CRTC. If not, all you can do is pray to their conscience.
[OP]
Dec 1, 2020
6 posts
6 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Unfortunately it was not mentioned in the agreement. Customer Rep said it will show up in the first bill.
I
[OP]
Dec 1, 2020
6 posts
6 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Finally resolved the issue in the third call and 3+ hrs in phone with Telus.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
5116 posts
4056 upvotes
toolmaker wrote: Finally resolved the issue in the third call and 3+ hrs in phone with Telus.
Glad to hear. I would still report them though because it's false advertising and they're banking on the customer giving up or not noticing the discrepancies. It's unethical.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2015 posts
1800 upvotes
Ottawa
IshfaqueR4678 wrote: Did you have the plan on writing (i.e. contract document). If yes, complain to CRTC. If not, all you can do is pray to their conscience.
CCTS, not CRTC.

The CRTC will just tell you to go talk to the CCTS, if they respond at all.

The CRTC only deals with complaints with respect to accessibility. The CCTS handles other types of complaints (i.e. billing).
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1727 posts
2256 upvotes
hierophant wrote: Glad to hear. I would still report them though because it's false advertising and they're banking on the customer giving up or not noticing the discrepancies. It's unethical.
It's likely just an agent mistake. It got fixed.
Feb 4, 2007
637 posts
407 upvotes
toolmaker wrote: Finally resolved the issue in the third call and 3+ hrs in phone with Telus.
email ceo@telus.com and tell them about your experience and complaint. at times they may give you gift cards or other stuff.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
17387 posts
4489 upvotes
Toronto
I LOVE ROGERS!!!!!
Thank-you Rogers for never giving me problems like this.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!