• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2022 1:46 pm
[OP]
Dec 8, 2020
452 posts
199 upvotes
Bc canada

Telus is not lowering my wireless plan what to do! Stresssss

I have 3 lines. Basically all my phones and services are with Telus. I was promised if i had switched everything over that my plans would remain low and when the term was up, just to call in and they will renew it. As a sucker I did.
They all of a sudden they went up after a year.
So I called in to a loyalty number and she was not helpful at all. And basically said my 70 plus im paying now the best she will do. So not happy at all. I need all 3 numbers so cannot lose them.

Then I decided to call Shaw and the best they could do is $68 per phone!

Any ideas of what to do to get to where I need to do.. what number to call… what time to call..
25 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
4027 posts
1319 upvotes
you are gonna have to provide more details in what plan you have now...

is this $70 per line or $70 for all 3 lines? Does it have data? long distance call?
RFD is bad for your wallet's health 😂
Rogers EPP - $40 Canada/USA-wide + 6GB
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
19781 posts
7166 upvotes
Toronto
Sometimes, the only way to get a better plan is to port out and wait for a winback offer.
[OP]
Dec 8, 2020
452 posts
199 upvotes
Bc canada
Each phone was at $50 (20 g voicemail text message etc. etc. ) and then they went up to $55 and now each phone is $70. But one is $90 because there’s in purchased phone attached to it.
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
10682 posts
6056 upvotes
Toronto
Who "promised" you? Telus? If so good luck
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
3132 posts
3930 upvotes
Langley
You are not going to lose your number if you switch to different company.
If you are not happy with telus, move your business else where, simple.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2018
2323 posts
1689 upvotes
Vancouver
Try Kodoo or Public Mobile. Same network but can be had for like 35/23$ per month.

Though yeah, it's not gonna be with 20GB data. Plus no fancy features like Visual Voicemail or eSim
Can't Stop. Won't Stop. Game Stop
[OP]
Dec 8, 2020
452 posts
199 upvotes
Bc canada
They dont have good enough coverage.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
19781 posts
7166 upvotes
Toronto
Dejavudiva wrote: They dont have good enough coverage.
If you need Telus coverage that can't be matched with another carrier, you'll have to stay with Telus.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
23638 posts
5980 upvotes
Toronto
Koodo and Public Mobile is Telus….just sub-brands

Also Bell & Telus share cell towers….

Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
6886 posts
7116 upvotes
Koodo and Public have the exact same coverage as Telus
[OP]
Dec 8, 2020
452 posts
199 upvotes
Bc canada
KanataKG wrote: Koodo and Public have the exact same coverage as Telus
They dont. Reception is not as good quality whatsoever. I dont believe they run on 5 g either.
Im going to try to switch to rogers or do that switch as talked about on here to see if I get a winback as talked to a loyalty team and they refuse to budge.

Pretty sad as all the promises telus made, ( don’t worry switch all of your services to us and you’ll get a better deal ) were lies.
Sep 29, 2008
743 posts
594 upvotes
Dejavudiva wrote: They dont. Reception is not as good quality whatsoever. I dont believe they run on 5 g either.
Im going to try to switch to rogers or do that switch as talked about on here to see if I get a winback as talked to a loyalty team and they refuse to budge.

Pretty sad as all the promises telus made, ( don’t worry switch all of your services to us and you’ll get a better deal ) were lies.
Telus owns koodo and public mobile and the coverage is EXACTLY the same, just no 5g. Bell and Telus share towers, so reception is EXACTLY the same. Virgin is bell, so reception is EXACTLY the same. I've got a virgin phone, a public mobile, and one telus in our house and all have identical coverage wherever we go. Their network maps confirm the same coverage.
If someone is telling you different I bet they're trying to sell you an overpriced plan.
My $10 virgin plan works just as well as a $80 telus plan.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2015
4399 posts
4335 upvotes
Toronto
Dejavudiva wrote: I have 3 lines. Basically all my phones and services are with Telus. I was promised if i had switched everything over that my plans would remain low and when the term was up, just to call in and they will renew it. As a sucker I did.
They all of a sudden they went up after a year.
So I called in to a loyalty number and she was not helpful at all. And basically said my 70 plus im paying now the best she will do. So not happy at all. I need all 3 numbers so cannot lose them.

Then I decided to call Shaw and the best they could do is $68 per phone!

Any ideas of what to do to get to where I need to do.. what number to call… what time to call..
Make more money so that u make $70 more per hour! Stressszz
To the moon
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1733 posts
1746 upvotes
Markham, ON
KanataKG wrote: Koodo and Public have the exact same coverage as Telus
This is partially accurate.
Public Mobile doesn't have the same coverage as TELUS/Koodo post-paid.
Public Mobile voice is still 3G - no access to VoWIFI and VoLTE so you will have issues with voice in certain locations with PM vs. Koood/TELUS.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5666 posts
2473 upvotes
Toronto
File with CCTS if you think they lied to you.
At least it will the ball rolling with Telus trying to work with you.
If all else fails, CCTS will then try to resolve it with you.
Sep 29, 2008
743 posts
594 upvotes
GT_647 wrote: This is partially accurate.
Public Mobile doesn't have the same coverage as TELUS/Koodo post-paid.
Public Mobile voice is still 3G - no access to VoWIFI and VoLTE so you will have issues with voice in certain locations with PM vs. Koood/TELUS.
PM still uses 4g for data, just throttles the speed slightly, but coverage is unaffected.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1733 posts
1746 upvotes
Markham, ON
crunchiespg wrote: PM still uses 4g for data, just throttles the speed slightly, but coverage is unaffected.
Coverage is certainly affected for voice.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
6886 posts
7116 upvotes
Dejavudiva wrote: They dont. Reception is not as good quality whatsoever. I dont believe they run on 5 g either.

I've switched back and forth from Koodo to Telus several times over the years. They are the same other than 5G.

The 5G network is absolute garbage right now anyway, so you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference. If you 'need' 5G then yes you'll have to stay with Telus or go to Robbers

I doubt they made any solid promises from Telus for keeping your plan at the same price forever - all carriers are free to increase prices once your contract ends - should have gotten that in writing if so.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
36630 posts
9848 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
You have another problem.

You mentioned earlier that one of the lines is at 90$ because of a phone. That is where you are locked in for 2 years. If you leave, you will need to buy out that contract