• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2019 5:37 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1585 posts
177 upvotes

[Telus] Ontario Science Centre Community Day - Free Admission September 28-29

Celebrate 50th year at Ontario Science Centre this year with free general admission this year on Sept 28 and 29, presented by Telus.
Typically it is one day event but since it is their 50th, it is TWO days this year.

It is posted on Toronto4Kids website but I also just called to confirm. Their marketing department have not posted it on OSC's website yet...I guess in fear of declining sales for next 2 weeks.
As usual, parking is flat rate $10 at the gate but it is well worth the price!
IMAX tickets are generally discounted as well, $9 I believe.

The Ontario Science Centre, one of Canada's most famous cultural attractions, has been creating engaging and thought-provoking experiences in science and technology for over 45 years.

Visitors of all ages can explore more than 500 interactive experiences in our eight exhibit halls, take in live daily science demonstrations, and view films under Ontario’s only IMAX® Dome theatre. Take a closer look below!

Enjoy interactive exhibits listed here: Link
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 26th, 2019 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: added dates to title
59 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
18559 posts
17481 upvotes
Toronto
If you suffer from agoraphobia it's probably wise to stay away this weekend. absolute madhouse.

on the opposite hand, if you're trying to overcome your fear than come on in. it'll be jam packed with screaming kids, frazzled parents, and more.
Not only did we embarrass Marky Mark, we let down the Funky Bunch.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12360 posts
2892 upvotes
RFD
Very nice, I will bring my not even 1 year old nephew. He probably won't remember, but he'll like to look at what is going on around him with all the screaming kids running around. :)
Jul 14, 2019
224 posts
439 upvotes
Toronto
For buying free ticket need to became a member?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1585 posts
177 upvotes
lol just like the TO doors open event but x10.
However, true RFDer doesnt mind that to save $22 per adult!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1585 posts
177 upvotes
Darshan7 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 12:19 pm
For buying free ticket need to became a member?
dont need to 'buy' any ticket. just show up on the day of
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
12079 posts
22340 upvotes
Scarborough
sprung wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 12:06 pm
If you suffer from agoraphobia it's probably wise to stay away this weekend. absolute madhouse.
As an OSC annual member, I like knowing which days not to go.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
5934 posts
4027 upvotes
Toronto
sprung wrote:

on the opposite hand, if you're trying to overcome your fear than come on in. it'll be jam packed with screaming kids, frazzled parents, and more.
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
5174 posts
2145 upvotes
radeonboy wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 12:14 pm
Very nice, I will bring my not even 1 year old nephew. He probably won't remember, but he'll like to look at what is going on around him with all the screaming kids running around. :)
You're a mean, mean uncle. Trying to traumatize your baby nephew. They tend to remember traumatic moments despite their age.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12360 posts
2892 upvotes
RFD
badOne wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 12:54 pm
You're a mean, mean uncle. Trying to traumatize your baby nephew. They tend to remember traumatic moments despite their age.
Muahahwhahahwhahaha!

No, he really is just interested in just staring at people and smiling. I bring him to Woodbine Center just to look at the other kids play, go on train rides, etc, he'll just stare at everything and everyone. He's dope and doesn't cry much.
Jun 19, 2019
544 posts
313 upvotes
"Centre of the …
sprung wrote:
In the interest of Science and Social Engineering we may make an appearance and hasty escape.

θθ
ʇɔɐ ʎɹɐuoıʇnloʌəɹ ɐ səɯoɔəq ɥʇnɹʇ əɥʇ buılləʇ 'ʇıəɔəp lɐsɹəʌıun ɟo səɯıʇ buıɹnp
13 Horror Films $20. or Free if you don't fall asleep or Die of Fright! Sat Oct 26.TO.
Remember To Check Your Kids Halloween Candy
Jun 14, 2011
209 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto
bestknightmare wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 12:20 pm
lol just like the TO doors open event but x10.
However, true RFDer doesnt mind that to save $22 per adult!
True RFDer pays $15 per adult at Costco :).

RFD is not about being cheap, it's about getting maximum value for the money we spend. $15 to not deal with the insane crowds of a free day is good value imo.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)