Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Telus Optik TV - Free Preview Planet Earth II 4K Feb. 18 - Apr 23

• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2017 10:04 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
3637 posts
1646 upvotes

Telus Optik TV - Free Preview Planet Earth II 4K Feb. 18 - Apr 23

Not sure if I should post this deal in hot deal section or freebie section...

Anyway, if you are an subscriber of Telus Optik TV, you can Preview BBC Earth for free on ch. 725 from Feb 18 to Apr 23. And watch Planet Earth II starting Feb. 18 in 4K On Demand by pressing the On Demand button on your remote, then selecting Featured, then 4K.
10 replies
Mar 25, 2005
115 posts
34 upvotes
Sherwood Park, Ab.
Bell Xpressvue has the same preview . Started a couple weeks ago. The shows narrated by David Attenborough are superb.
Apr 4, 2013
158 posts
71 upvotes
I have optik 4k. Looking forward to view Planet Earth 2 in 4K on my KS8000.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4349 posts
1588 upvotes
Vancouver
bumbo73 wrote: I have optik 4k. Looking forward to view Planet Earth 2 in 4K on my KS8000.
I've heard good things about the PQ and performance of Telus's 4K box- too bad there's little in the way of content.

But of course, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that there's some pretty good sales on for Planet Earth 2 right now and really feel like this is one of the few shows that deserve a blu-ray purchase for all its higher-bitrate, HDR (not sure if the broadcast will include HDR) splendour for your nice, new KS8000.
Removed external link in signature.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2011
1408 posts
830 upvotes
Ajax
123tiguy wrote: Bell Xpressvue has the same preview . Started a couple weeks ago. The shows narrated by David Attenborough are superb.
What channel on expressvu?
Jun 2, 2007
582 posts
705 upvotes
Toronto
covabwoy wrote: What channel on expressvu?
811 or 1627 HD

Free Preview until April 23rd
Don't go broke trying to look rich.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2784 posts
1177 upvotes
Richmond, ON
any free previews on Fibe TV?
if you don't ask, the answer is always NO!
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1461 upvotes
Richmond
All the TV providers have several free previews of pay channels on at any given time, so this doesn't normally rate a mention on RFD at all, but perhaps a 4K channel preview is an exception.

Often a pay channel will have a simultaneous promotion on with all the TV providers at the same time. You need to check their web site on a monthly basis to see which ones apply to you. The Telus free previews are announced in their monthly newsletter, and also appear on their web site normally under "What's New", but they seem to have screwed that up at the moment - their "What's New" links all go to a generic products and services web page instead of the correct listing.

The Telus free previews (for BC) are normally here: http://www.telus.com/en/bc/tv/highlights/
The Shaw Cable free previews are here: https://www.shaw.ca/television/news-and-free-previews/
Oct 5, 2005
635 posts
212 upvotes
I've had RADX as part of my OPTIK channel lineup for years and now it's gone. Their website says it's replaced by BBC Earth... so do I get that swapped in or am I now paying for one less channel and have to pay ADDITIONALLY if I want BBC Earth? Don't tell me to contact TELUS--I like you lot much more!

yo!
Apr 30, 2017
1 posts
It is May 1st and I stilll have BBC Earthon Telus...I guess it replaced RADX which used to be part of the Nature and Culture theme pack.