Cell Phones

Telus - Refurb Galaxy S II X $400 - Team Webstore $340 -no term

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2012 2:08 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 10, 2008
14709 posts
32335 upvotes

Telus - Refurb Galaxy S II X $400 - Team Webstore $340 -no term

Refreshed Samsung Galaxy SII X $400 $0 on 2 year plan.90 Days warranty according to Telus .Have no link for the webstore since am not an employee , but many members mentioned it's $340

Refreshed Nexus S $299.99 .$254.99 Team webstore .




EXPIRED refurb iPhone 4S 64GB white $449

EXPIRED Refurb iPhone 4S 32GB $399

EXPIREDRefurb iPhone 4S 16GB $349
857 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
6896 posts
1138 upvotes
Ottawa
will the iphone be locked? The iphone price does not make sense, no term for $449 and 3 year term for $259? Is it a price error?
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 10, 2008
14709 posts
32335 upvotes
rivet wrote: will the iphone be locked? The iphone price does not make sense, no term for $449 and 3 year term for $259?

since when any carrier make sense ;)
Member
Jun 9, 2007
322 posts
20 upvotes
I just want to confirm, will the Galaxy SIIX work on Wind or Mobilicity?

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9100_g ... i-3621.php

On this site, it says that the Telus version has HSDPA 1700 / 2100 / 1900 (which would indicate that it would work on AWS carriers)

Also, does anyone know whether these refurbs carry any warranty?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
6896 posts
1138 upvotes
Ottawa
Just wondering if I buy the iphone 4S with no term, would Telus unlock it for me for free? As there is no contract associate with it and I am paying "full" price for it? The price is pretty good for iphone, but I don't want a Telus locked iphone that there is no way to unlock.
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 10, 2008
14709 posts
32335 upvotes
hador7 wrote: I just want to confirm, will the Galaxy SIIX work on Wind or Mobilicity?

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9100_g ... i-3621.php

On this site, it says that the Telus version has HSDPA 1700 / 2100 / 1900 (which would indicate that it would work on AWS carriers)

Also, does anyone know whether these refurbs carry any warranty?

iPhone get's Applecare but the Samsung am not sure .
Jr. Member
Dec 2, 2007
117 posts
26 upvotes
Burlington
rivet wrote: Just wondering if I buy the iphone 4S with no term, would Telus unlock it for me for free? As there is no contract associate with it and I am paying "full" price for it? The price is pretty good for iphone, but I don't want a Telus locked iphone that there is no way to unlock.

My understanding the phone has to be used on the Telus network for a set period of time, a minimum of 3 months I think. Telus does charge a $50 'unlocking' fee after said period of time.
Jr. Member
Mar 10, 2007
109 posts
10 upvotes
hador7 wrote: I just want to confirm, will the Galaxy SIIX work on Wind or Mobilicity?

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9100_g ... i-3621.php

On this site, it says that the Telus version has HSDPA 1700 / 2100 / 1900 (which would indicate that it would work on AWS carriers)

Also, does anyone know whether these refurbs carry any warranty?

I've been using this on Wind since December with no issues with the phone. Reception is mostly good unless you go deep inside the buildings on bay or underground. Unlock is $20 online. Wind tech support won't support this, so if you get any problems you're on your own.

Edit: I used this place to unlock https://www.mobileincanada.com/How-To-U ... -Cellphone
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
6896 posts
1138 upvotes
Ottawa
Problem is that unlike Rogers and Fido, I believe from what I'v heard, Telus does not have a policy to unlock out of contract iphone for $50, so is that kind of crapshot if I want it unlocked?
decofan wrote: My understanding the phone has to be used on the Telus network for a set period of time, a minimum of 3 months I think. Telus does charge a $50 'unlocking' fee after said period of time.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44570 posts
7783 upvotes
hador7 wrote: I just want to confirm, will the Galaxy SIIX work on Wind or Mobilicity?

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9100_g ... i-3621.php

On this site, it says that the Telus version has HSDPA 1700 / 2100 / 1900 (which would indicate that it would work on AWS carriers)

Also, does anyone know whether these refurbs carry any warranty?

Yes the SII X does work on Mobilicity/Wind.

Question to those who know, is it only Telus stores doing this or is FS and BB also honouring this? Lastly one can just walk up and get it right? I.e. non Telus customers? I hope stock is good.
Blanka
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
6896 posts
1138 upvotes
Ottawa
Also, does any one know what is the return/exchange policy buying from Telus online? Also, do you have to pay at least one month of service fees even if you buy it with no terms or can you just get the phone without any service?
Jr. Member
Nov 7, 2007
167 posts
93 upvotes
Is it worth sellling my galaxy nexus for the s2x
Member
Dec 10, 2006
212 posts
46 upvotes
York
Does this S2X work with Rogers after unlock?

BTW, does this phone restricted from updating custom rom since it's a variant from the original s2 line?

Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 5, 2006
5124 posts
394 upvotes
Toronto
dragun wrote: Is it worth sellling my galaxy nexus for the s2x
The Nexus Prime uses relatively outdated CPU/GPU compared to the S2x (even though the S2x isn't as great as the i9100 S2), has a crappier camera, and uses a Pentile screen.

The biggest benefit the Prime has over any GS2 is the larger 720p screen resolution and that might be more valuable than the faster CPU/better camera/non-pentile screen for some people. It also is optimized perfectly for ICS and Google's OS support is much better than Samsung (even though both are made by Samsung).

I would try out a GS2x to see if you can handle the 800X480 resolution (I personally don't think I could revert from 720p to 800x480; that is my biggest complaint about my GS2).
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
6896 posts
1138 upvotes
Ottawa
Does rogers sell similar refreshed iphones?
Member
Feb 4, 2009
293 posts
203 upvotes
Whitby
I'm so tempted right now. Waiting for the iphone 5, but this seems like a really good deal for the 64gb one. Does anyone know if you can add applecare warranty to the phone?
Newbie
Sep 10, 2008
32 posts
6 upvotes
iPhone 4S 16GB for $349 - surely cheaper than anything you'd find on kijiji etc. plus comes with warranty (is AppleCare confirmed or is it considered a Telus refresh?) Is this at least semi-hot?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 5, 2006
5124 posts
394 upvotes
Toronto
steve1498 wrote: Does this S2X work with Rogers after unlock?

BTW, does this phone restricted from updating custom rom since it's a variant from the original s2 line?

Thanks.

I don't see why it wouldn't work with Rogers after you unlock it (you can't use the unlock app in the store, you need to buy a code or get it unlocked at those places in the mall). I'm not too sure on what you mean on your 2nd point but if I follow correctly, this variant is similar or the same as the model in use by T-Mobile (t989 "Hercules"). There are active developments on xda forums for all different models of phones and I am sure there are custom roms for this variant too. You just can't use the custom roms intended for other variants of the GS2 (most North American carriers have a different variant in use).
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 10, 2008
14709 posts
32335 upvotes
PM72 wrote: iPhone 4S 16GB for $349 - surely cheaper than anything you'd find on kijiji etc. plus comes with warranty (is AppleCare confirmed or is it considered a Telus refresh?) Is this at least semi-hot?

You can add Apple care warranty when you add to cart .

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)