Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Telus

Samsung Galaxy Buds+ $159.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2020 11:58 pm
Dec 24, 2007
472 posts
167 upvotes
Vancouver
Mic has been good for me while I use it at work. I normally use just the left bud while working so I can hear what's happening around me. Able to do phone calls with just one bud. People do mention it is clearer when I have both on but one is fine.

Only gripe is that others seem to hear noises in my environment too clearly. I'm not able to use my screw gun or tap anything while talking or I deafen others on the line.
Jul 12, 2005
909 posts
290 upvotes
Kelowna
Paulmolive wrote: Mic has been good for me while I use it at work. I normally use just the left bud while working so I can hear what's happening around me. Able to do phone calls with just one bud. People do mention it is clearer when I have both on but one is fine.

Only gripe is that others seem to hear noises in my environment too clearly. I'm not able to use my screw gun or tap anything while talking or I deafen others on the line.
Thanks for the review!
Jun 30, 2008
230 posts
192 upvotes
Calgary
kool1 wrote: Should have called these Buds 2 I think. People miss the +.
Then people would just miss the "2"...
Nov 25, 2018
39 posts
55 upvotes
Just got a pair from Visions West End here in Edmonton with price match, they were not too happy about it but honored the price and beat the difference by 15%, ended up being like 161 $ with taxes.

Out of the box I didn't like them but once I downloaded the Samsung Wearable app and adjusted the sound to dynamic they sound a lot better and once they burn in a bit I think they will sound fantastic, happy with the purchase.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1402 posts
1711 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone been able to price match for the blue ones anywhere? Best buy won't do it because telus is only selling black Face With Rolling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2004
5254 posts
1893 upvotes
Toronto
The Galaxy Buds X will be coming soon with noise cancellation.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
3050 posts
1530 upvotes
Montreal, QC
so tempting but once you go ANC, hard to come back to regular earpiece. i'll wait for the X
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7729 posts
9770 upvotes
Mr. Robo wrote: The Galaxy Buds X will be coming soon with noise cancellation.
sumtimw0ng wrote: so tempting but once you go ANC, hard to come back to regular earpiece. i'll wait for the X
The New Galaxy Buds Live/Buds X will be to the Galaxy Buds+ what the Airpod Pros are to the regular Airpods, although with this new bean design it's going to be an interesting fit for many.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3807 posts
1932 upvotes
Vancouver
Paulmolive wrote: Mic has been good for me while I use it at work. I normally use just the left bud while working so I can hear what's happening around me. Able to do phone calls with just one bud. People do mention it is clearer when I have both on but one is fine.

Thanks for this. I was using this site to listen to the microphones of various earbuds and I have to say the Jabras do a really great job of eliminating background noise (listen to the noisy background audio files for each). It's unfortunate they don't test the Buds+, but I like the Buds+ otherwise.

https://www.headphonesty.com/2019/12/be ... crophones/
Last edited by Bishop8 on Jul 6th, 2020 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 11, 2017
402 posts
484 upvotes
Ottawa
Word of caution. I still haven't recieved my airpods pro that I ordered from Telus on June 11. Not a big deal for me but just beware that they can be atrocious with delivery time and inventory management.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7729 posts
9770 upvotes
jackrabbit000 wrote: Probably the reason they are trying to dump these old ones when they still can.
I wouldn't exactly say they're dumping these, they recently came out with a bunch of new colors of them.

I think they'll sell them alongside the new Galaxy Buds X / Live whatever they end up calling it.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7688 posts
5187 upvotes
Canada
Anyone able to compare the sound on Galaxy vs other Androids?

The Samsung scalable codec is only available on Galaxies, so I wonder how these sound on other phones like Pixel with AAC codec
May 2, 2019
677 posts
1663 upvotes
Should I buy the buds+ or the original one which I can get for $100 brand new on second hand market? Currently using a OnePlus bullet wireless not sure how big of an upgrade the galaxy buds will be.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1402 posts
1711 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know if bestbuy would price match telus? I kind of want to go in tomorrow and price match so i dont have to wait on shipping but im also afraid since telus doesnt list the sku/model that it wont work
Nov 26, 2014
34 posts
16 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
bpboop wrote: Does anyone know if bestbuy would price match telus? I kind of want to go in tomorrow and price match so i dont have to wait on shipping but im also afraid since telus doesnt list the sku/model that it wont work
I just got best buy to price match in-store no problem. Trying to cancel my Telus order but it seems I need to email them to do that...
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1402 posts
1711 upvotes
Toronto
thelostshadow wrote: I just got best buy to price match in-store no problem. Trying to cancel my Telus order but it seems I need to email them to do that...
I see.... i think i may place a telus order tonight jist in case and then see if BB will PM tomorrow. I'm nervous that they won't as the online rep pointed out that there's no sku or model number, but would obviously rather not wait! Let me know how order cancellation goes please
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1402 posts
1711 upvotes
Toronto
UGH this is a massive hassle, I can't catch a break today. Telus wants the billing and shipping addresses to be the same. Mine aren't (current address is not permanent so I just keep it set to my mother's), and even though i changed my billing address with the bank it won't work. Seriously kill me now lol

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)