16 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2222 posts
2580 upvotes
Toronto, ON
waven101 wrote: check out ebay.ca today only 29 of june for better discount
neweggcanada-ebay-google-home-mini-39-9 ... 5-2204229/
Shopper's deal (20x points promo) on Saturday is much better if you have an Optimum points card (that can now be used at NoFrills and Esso stations). Optimum is get 15pts for every $1 spent

(15pts x $39.99) x 20x Saturday deal = 11,997 points which is roughly $11-$12 to spend at Shoppers/Esso/No Frills
Apr 9, 2011
408 posts
264 upvotes
Markham Thornhill Os…
blackston3 wrote: Shopper's deal (20x points promo) on Saturday is much better if you have an Optimum points card (that can now be used at NoFrills and Esso stations). Optimum is get 15pts for every $1 spent

(15pts x $39.99) x 20x Saturday deal = 11,997 points which is roughly $11-$12 to spend at Shoppers/Esso/No Frills
Hi could you clarify how to go about this? Does shopper have home mini? If so i should go and buy on saturday with and get the 20x points is what your saying?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2222 posts
2580 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Cerebros wrote: Hi could you clarify how to go about this? Does shopper have home mini? If so i should go and buy on saturday with and get the 20x points is what your saying?
Yessir, every store is putting the Google Home mini for $39.99, including shoppers drug mart. Shopper Drug Mart flyer starts tomorrow (Google Mini for $39.99 is on the second page) and Saturday only is the 20x points deal. The flyer says you have to load/confirm the offer first from your email or Shoppers Optimum app before buying:

Aug 23, 2012
399 posts
134 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Hmmm - for me it shows 20X pts - but when you spend $50 or more in store
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2222 posts
2580 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ayy Roopster is right. Flyer's mainpage doesn't mention it but open the app, it says you have to spend $50.

Seems alright, spend an extra $10 to reach $50 and get $12 back (basically the extra spent is equalized and you make an extra $2)
Cerebros wrote: Hi could you clarify how to go about this? Does shopper have home mini? If so i should go and buy on saturday with and get the 20x points is what your saying?
roopster wrote: Hmmm - for me it shows 20X pts - but when you spend $50 or more in store
Apr 9, 2011
408 posts
264 upvotes
Markham Thornhill Os…
blackston3 wrote: Yessir, every store is putting the Google Home mini for $39.99, including shoppers drug mart. Shopper Drug Mart flyer starts tomorrow (Google Mini for $39.99 is on the second page) and Saturday only is the 20x points deal. The flyer says you have to load/confirm the offer first from your email or Shoppers Optimum app before buying:

Hey sorry to bother . do i have to do something specific to get the offer to show up . i have the app and optmimum card which i recieved couple of months ago. It has been activated and linked. Already used it to shop etc.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2222 posts
2580 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Cerebros wrote: Hey sorry to bother . do i have to do something specific to get the offer to show up . i have the app and optmimum card which i recieved couple of months ago. It has been activated and linked. Already used it to shop etc.
No bother at all! When you open the app, under your points, there is 2 options. OFFERS (22) and LIST ( ). Click offers and there is a checkmark on the top right corner of the offer of the 20x promo. Make sure to check it/tap that. To confirm your promo has been activated, go to the 'List tab' and it should be there. Don't forget, the Google Home Mini is $39.99 but the 20x promo is valid only if you spend a minimum of $50... the flyer didn't say that but on the app it does. So any couple items to reach $10 will help

Also there are more offers in the offers page (like chips, oranges, potatoes, creams), you can checkmark them all if you like. They do not apply automatically when you purchase unless you checkmark them and then scan your card. Double check your receipt to make sure you get the promo points (your points received for this transaction should be at minimum over 12,000 points)

I bought the mini this morning on my way to work. The cashier said there are no returns for the Mini at Shoppers. I'm not sure if BestBuy/Staples/HD and the rest have returns on them. Oh well...
Apr 9, 2011
408 posts
264 upvotes
Markham Thornhill Os…
blackston3 wrote: No bother at all! When you open the app, under your points, there is 2 options. OFFERS (22) and LIST ( ). Click offers and there is a checkmark on the top right corner of the offer of the 20x promo. Make sure to check it/tap that. To confirm your promo has been activated, go to the 'List tab' and it should be there. Don't forget, the Google Home Mini is $39.99 but the 20x promo is valid only if you spend a minimum of $50... the flyer didn't say that but on the app it does. So any couple items to reach $10 will help

Also there are more offers in the offers page (like chips, oranges, potatoes, creams), you can checkmark them all if you like. They do not apply automatically when you purchase unless you checkmark them and then scan your card. Double check your receipt to make sure you get the promo points (your points received for this transaction should be at minimum over 12,000 points)

I bought the mini this morning on my way to work. The cashier said there are no returns for the Mini at Shoppers. I'm not sure if BestBuy/Staples/HD and the rest have returns on them. Oh well...
The thing is i dont see the 20x offer at all. It just shows the 21 offers .
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2222 posts
2580 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Cerebros wrote: The thing is i dont see the 20x offer at all. It just shows the 21 offers .
Try refreshing the offers (just tap and slide your finger down and it will say refreshing)

Maybe you added it already? Check your List page (refresh that as well)
Apr 9, 2011
408 posts
264 upvotes
Markham Thornhill Os…
blackston3 wrote: Try refreshing the offers (just tap and slide your finger down and it will say refreshing)

Maybe you added it already? Check your List page (refresh that as well)
I see. I dont think i have received the offer as it does not show on the pc optimum app. I tried reach out to their support and the peraon said it is a store offer .
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2222 posts
2580 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Cerebros wrote: I see. I dont think i have received the offer as it does not show on the pc optimum app. I tried reach out to their support and the peraon said it is a store offer .
Oh that's weird. I would think this would be a national promotion. Enter your postal code on their flyer website and see if your store's flyer (or nearby stores) have it: https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/flyer

I just checked some random Vancouver store in the other side of the country and they have on their flyer
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2805 upvotes
blackston3 wrote: I bought the mini this morning on my way to work. The cashier said there are no returns for the Mini at Shoppers. I'm not sure if BestBuy/Staples/HD and the rest have returns on them. Oh well...
SDM has a written policy of no returns on opened electronics, whether defective out of the box or not. That's a worse policy then other stores like BB/Staples/HD, and a good reason not to buy electronics at SDM.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2805 upvotes
blackston3 wrote: Optimum is get 15pts for every $1 spent
Where do you see the details on that offer? Are there any exclusions?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2222 posts
2580 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Exp315 wrote: Where do you see the details on that offer? Are there any exclusions?
That's just the regular points for how much you spend at Shoppers. You get 15pts for each $1 you spend in store normally.

This 20x promo is only for today, Saturday June 30th and the only exclusion is you must spend a minimum of $50 and that you must select this promotion from the Optimum smartphone app or email before buying at the cashier. Considering google mini is $39.99 and any shampoo is about $10, that's your $50 right there, so you get basically $10 worth of Optimum points on this transaction to use at another time at Shoppers, Loblaws, No Frills, and Esso stations that use Optimum points
Feb 1, 2015
888 posts
491 upvotes
Toronto, ON
If you have a Telus event in your community or see a booth at a festival, ask for an accessory coupon. You’ll save another 40% off

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)