Hot Deals

Telus

Telus 25 GB Peace of mind Winback - 45$ YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2022 8:19 am
Dec 7, 2020
396 posts
260 upvotes
Serg81 wrote: Ok i just got this plan for my pal, he was too slow last time and missed the 45\25 deal but he spent 2 or 3 days with Telus b4 he ported to Freedom and it was good enough to be eligible for this 55\20. I tried it with non ever been telus numbers and it was no go with 5 different reps, with this 3 days with telus number it was ok with first try and rep said i dont care if additional lines u gna port in had ever been with telus but at least one had to be ex telus or koodo. Good luck to every1 .
This trick didn't work for me. I called the number 1-866-448-8030 from the same number I used to have with koodo. I had more than one year old account with koodo. They said 45/25gb is not available and your account doesn't qualify for that. Maybe for Ontario it's not easy to come by. Most people who got it are in BC or AB
Oct 11, 2017
178 posts
104 upvotes
Vancouver
scorpion85 wrote: This trick didn't work for me. I called the number 1-866-448-8030 from the same number I used to have with koodo. I had more than one year old account with koodo. They said 45/25gb is not available and your account doesn't qualify for that. Maybe for Ontario it's not easy to come by. Most people who got it are in BC or AB
I used this number 1-866-379-1963, its a telus winback not koodo. Try it. If you can get 4 lines its gna be 40 for 20 b4 taxes, kinda ok plan.
Dec 7, 2020
396 posts
260 upvotes
Serg81 wrote: I used this number 1-866-379-1963, its a telus winback not koodo. Try it. If you can get 4 lines its gna be 40 for 20 b4 taxes, kinda ok plan.
I have tried all the following winback numbers
1-866-369-9826
1-866-379-1963
1-866-448-8030
1-888-692-8888
I called them probably 10-15 times since this promo started again but no success. They don't even admit this plan exist. If someone admits then he/she says it's only outbound team. I gave up and would not call them again to beg
Apr 26, 2016
96 posts
32 upvotes
Kitchener
Also followed the steps above called both numbers and can verify the plan was not offered to me
its started as yes this is win back at telus, you qualify for an offer, blah blah 65 for 15 minus a discount of 7.5 per line......that it...weak....
Deal dead in Ontario
Downvote from me
Also the number ending in 9826 you have in your steps is no longer active
Oct 12, 2015
272 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Called 18664488030 on May 6, got a representative and he offered me 55$/25gb unlimited 5G data on telus with multiline discount of 15$ each line for 4 lines. I wanted to get the 45$/25gb and he talked with his supervisor but no go. He told me that the 45$ offer exist but have to get the offer, which is account specific.
So end up the call requesting him to put a note in my account, so that i can call in to get the 55$ plan. What should i do, any suggestions please.
I ported my koodo number to freedom back in december 2020 but was unable to get the deal at that time.
Apr 1, 2019
133 posts
106 upvotes
As I did manage to get the $45/25gb I must once again clarify. I did call the winback numbers twice and both times was never offered this deal. I said I'd think on their offers and maybe call back later. Then 4 hours later I received a call FROM Telus winback offering me the plan.

So in my situation I'm unsure if it had to do with calling their winback department initially, or I just luckily was selected to be called after leaving koodo and being on freedom for a few days.

(I also never specifically requested the $45/25gb, just asked if there were any better deals they could offer. Maybe they're extremely sick and tired of being asked that?)
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
21619 posts
1626 upvotes
Shanghai, China
NamesJeb wrote: As I did manage to get the $45/25gb I must once again clarify. I did call the winback numbers twice and both times was never offered this deal. I said I'd think on their offers and maybe call back later. Then 4 hours later I received a call FROM Telus winback offering me the plan.

So in my situation I'm unsure if it had to do with calling their winback department initially, or I just luckily was selected to be called after leaving koodo and being on freedom for a few days.

(I also never specifically requested the $45/25gb, just asked if there were any better deals they could offer. Maybe they're extremely sick and tired of being asked that?)
When did you get the $45/25GB offer?
Mar 18, 2006
614 posts
61 upvotes
NamesJeb wrote: As I did manage to get the $45/25gb I must once again clarify. I did call the winback numbers twice and both times was never offered this deal. I said I'd think on their offers and maybe call back later. Then 4 hours later I received a call FROM Telus winback offering me the plan.

do you mind sharing the numbers that you called, and also the number that called you? (telus)

I'm a little confused in the post where you stated you got called from 1-866-448-8030 was telus. When I called them, they said they were Koodoo. I know they are the same core companies maybe sharing staff at the winback call center/department...interestingly, I called and was only offered the $55/20gb deal and then I said I will think on it. Then literally 3 mins later, I get a call from 1-888-692-8888 from Telus asking if they can help me, I said what they are offering and they that particular rep didn't even offer anything remotely good, not even the $55/20gb.

I think everyone here wants that $45/25gb deal. Especially if you factor in family line discounts ($7.5, $10, $15)
~=[,,_,,]:3
Apr 1, 2019
133 posts
106 upvotes
manoflegend12 wrote: do you mind sharing the numbers that you called, and also the number that called you? (telus)

I'm a little confused in the post where you stated you got called from 1-866-448-8030 was telus. When I called them, they said they were Koodoo. I know they are the same core companies maybe sharing staff at the winback call center/department...interestingly, I called and was only offered the $55/20gb deal and then I said I will think on it. Then literally 3 mins later, I get a call from 1-888-692-8888 from Telus asking if they can help me, I said what they are offering and they that particular rep didn't even offer anything remotely good, not even the $55/20gb.

I think everyone here wants that $45/25gb deal. Especially if you factor in family line discounts ($7.5, $10, $15)
I called the two other numbers that were frequently posted on past messages on this board. When I did call they told me the only offer for my account was $55/20gb. I also requested other options and he offered $65/30gb and $70/35gb peace of mind + connect.

Then I was called back by Telus "on behalf of _______" some other company name I forget from the 1-866-448-8030 number. This rep straight up instantly offered the freedom $45/25 winback plan.

Can't quite figure it out, but from everything I've read from this thread over the past couple weeks it may unfortunately be that you do have to wait for a call from them until it is offered to you. I have no idea if my 2 calls to them triggered something on my account, no way to be sure.

If this helps any...

I was with public mobile initially >> koodo for 6 months >> freedom pay as you go for 5 days >> Telus 45/25 now
Dec 21, 2017
326 posts
56 upvotes
Scarborough
I just called telus to the OP phone no, they offered 55/20. I left telus a while ago for fido 15/50

Didn’t accept the offer.
Jul 10, 2004
34 posts
2 upvotes
I was offered the $55/20 which I took because I was paying $90 to Rogers with a corporate discount
Dec 7, 2020
396 posts
260 upvotes
Doerr wrote: I was offered the $55/20 which I took because I was paying $90 to Rogers with a corporate discount
Which plan is 90 dollars including corporate discount Thinking Face?
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2006
2360 posts
411 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
FYI to those taking the Koodo offer, that 1000 minutes that’s “included” is going up in price. This was confirmed to me by a rep. It was noted when I started chatting with their virtual assistant. This was before even getting my SIM. Virgin was able to offer me $30 for 4gb, I just had to pay off the little bit left on my phone. I stayed.
Jul 10, 2004
34 posts
2 upvotes
scorpion85 wrote: Which plan is 90 dollars including corporate discount Thinking Face?
10 gig plan that I got with a s10+
Dec 7, 2020
396 posts
260 upvotes
Doerr wrote: 10 gig plan that I got with a s10+
So that's including phone price, I thought it's just plan price
Jul 30, 2013
420 posts
164 upvotes
Montreal
scorpion85 wrote: Just saw this on kijiji yesterday
Here's the answer I got for Quebec resident. Must apply nationwide probably.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by Netixx on May 10th, 2021 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added quote

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 3 guests)

mikesanity, dynamix70, Webhead, shinku