Telus

Telus 25 GB Peace of mind Winback - 45$ YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2022 4:54 pm
Jan 2, 2018
68 posts
40 upvotes
GTA
joe2k1 wrote: I know its a done deal, but the thread speculates that the call centre have quotas and only have soo many 45/25 to give out per month. Did you try to say give me another day to think it over or get another rep to give you the deal you really wanted?realizing that she you must be worshipped was having freedom mobile headaches with poor cell coverage for months.
Yeah I asked for them to call me back next day. Rep told me that they do not work on weekends (but I think that's ymmv based on other posts). The rep called back later that night. I guess at that point the rep said he would put it down as I declined the offer.

At the end of the day my wife got her plan and I didn't want to or have the patience to keep trying.
Jan 2, 2018
68 posts
40 upvotes
GTA
vn33 wrote: I know your wife ported out to Freedom, did you also? I know when I got my $45/25 offer, rest of my family was not on Freedom and Agent made same offer: $45/25 for me and $55/20 for the rest. However, she was willing to offer $45/25 to everyone if I port all lines from Freedom.

Perhaps this is the same in your case?
Yeah I ported to freedom and was there for 4 days. When I mentioned my wife's account on freedom, after looking it up the rep mentioned only her account he offered her number the 45/25 but would not budge on mine.
Dec 16, 2013
27 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
So all of my sims arrived and I'm trying to port out my REAL numbers into freedom but now the problem is its been almost 24h and although my REAL numbers show up on my freedom account, the physical sims are still showing the temp numbers and the reps I've been talking to insist that it'll change once I top up the remaining lines. One of the reps I talked to created a ticket for it to be resolved in 1-2 business days but I've seen somewhere on the forum that they have the power to complete the port right away? Anyone else having this problem and know what I should do?
Mar 26, 2018
390 posts
338 upvotes
crazyea wrote: I was paying $80 on two plans. $85 on the other. $245/month. $274.40 with taxes.

Now I’m paying $35 month for 3. So $105. $117.50 after taxes.

That’s a difference of $156.80 per month. So maybe a little over 2.5 months but also under 3 months and it doesn’t even take into account the waived activation fee and $50 bill credit.

I also have Telus fibre so I may get a discount for having multiple services? Idk.

So really my time to break even on switching from bell and getting these rates is probably more accurately 2 months.

But it took me a single 10 minute conversation to do it. And I didn’t have to carry my old line at the same time or pay freedom a top up fee either. While some people get the winback deal first try and others don’t get the $45 deal at all. Some are on the third try. To me this was worth it. I don’t have the time or patience to invest in “trying “ to get a deal that may never happen.
Thanks for the clarification. The math does indeed check out.
Telus - $45/25gb + $0 addon plan for iPad
Bell Fibe 1Gbps - $49.95
Oct 11, 2021
48 posts
17 upvotes
Windsor Ontario
Can someone please share my number with Winback team. Ported to freedom, did not get any call after 4days?

Thanks
May 20, 2008
294 posts
292 upvotes
Calgary
crazyea wrote: I ordered the three new bring your own phone lines from Telus.

Activation fees waived and a $50 bill credit for each. At the time the advertised deal was $100 in savings per line from Telus.

Then I ported my lines from Bell.

After my first bill I called Sam and had my lines changed to the $45/25gb plans.

So I didn’t pay freedom any fees for a top up because I didn’t use them. I didn’t pay Telus and Bell at the same time because I ported immediately.

So I paid Sam $450, but I also get $150 in bill credits.

Sam can also tell you how to get referral credits too, but I couldn’t be bothered because it requires extra steps.
Ha, I was helping justify your cost savings to the people asking…we are on the same page…
TELUS Mobility | Unlimited 25GB | 7x$30-$5x3 loyalty for 24mths-$15x7 M&H for 24mths | M+H Unlimited CAN-US calling, Unlimited CAN-Int'l Text, VVM all for $0/line | $0 Peace of Mind Connect for AppleWatch | $0 Peace of Mind Access - Tablet x2
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2013
1224 posts
670 upvotes
Surrey, BC (GVR)
mikeyr wrote: Ha, I was helping justify your cost savings to the people asking…we are on the same page…
ok, I though you were saying I also had to pay those fees. cool cool.
Please check my feedback:
RFD
HWC
Heatware
Nov 6, 2008
151 posts
54 upvotes
Calgary, AB
can someone please provide me the Peace Of Mind CONNECT code? I tried to change from old Peace Of Mind plan to the new shareable Peace Of Mind Connect plan but got refused. The code I had (PPOM25G45) which I provided to them, they said they dont have it in their system. I dunno if this code is of old plan or the new data shareable one. TIA
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1790 posts
244 upvotes
Was wondering is safe to move my real number to freedom today than move to Telus tomorrow?
POCO F3 8GB 256GB + Rogers Unlimited talk & text $15 + Telus tablet line $0.00.
3 x Telus unlimited 25. 75GB $35 each line. 3 x tablet lines $0.00. 3 x 200mins CAN-US L&R $0.00. 3 x Unlimited CAN-Int'l Text $0.00. 3 x Visual Voicemail $0.00.
Oct 11, 2021
48 posts
17 upvotes
Windsor Ontario
I phoned 1800 number. Rep looks okay. He said I am already lost if call and should get call with in 24 hours with Win back offer.
Oct 20, 2021
5 posts
How can I get this deal if I am already with Freedom and I have only 1 line. I read the summary but couldn’t understand the procedure. Can someone please help. i really need to move away from Freedom???
Oct 11, 2021
48 posts
17 upvotes
Windsor Ontario
rajasahibnarula wrote: How can I get this deal if I am already with Freedom and I have only 1 line. I read the summary but couldn’t understand the procedure. Can someone please help. i really need to move away from Freedom???
Simple port to Telus for 5-6 days with $80 plan
Use 4gb data make at least and hours calls, come back to freedom. You will get winback call in 2-3 days. Choose $45/25gb plan.
Oct 21, 2020
85 posts
9 upvotes
Windsor, ON
boomsly wrote: Yes, I just asked if I can add a fourth line later. The gentleman I spoke with said no problem and scheduled a callback for next Friday.
Anyway I can give you my number so you can drop my number to the rep? Also can you call customer care and see if $20 US roaming add on per month is available to you? Thanks
Unlimited International & Domestic 4G LTE Data - (used maximum 90GB in EU & Asia for months)
Contact me if you have Rogers/Fido/Telus/Bell grandfathered unlimited data plan
or Freedom Promo 50 8GB with F&F discount (One with 1GB US data).
Jul 4, 2005
932 posts
163 upvotes
Is it possible to get the connect plan (with apple watch data sharing)? What percentage of people are actually getting it?
Jul 4, 2005
932 posts
163 upvotes
mikeyr wrote: Thanks for the heads-up on the $0 watch plan. Through Chat, I was able to add it to my $45/25GB Unlimited 25 plan! This just keeps getting better and better!

OneNumber Peace of Mind Connect Access - Smartwatch $0.00

Included services
Access to Peace of Mind Connect Data
Call Display
Data manager
Endless Data - No Data Overages
Peace of Mind
Unlimited Messaging
Unlimited nationwide calls
Any suggestions on how to get the $0 Peace of Mind Connect?
Mar 20, 2008
881 posts
121 upvotes
What is required for getting TELUS business line? Can we register a name as business to get business line.
Dec 29, 2019
7 posts
2 upvotes
WHDAZZLE wrote: What is required for getting TELUS business line? Can we register a name as business to get business line.
Just a SIN number for sole proprietorship. Business license for a bigger business.
Mar 2, 2014
71 posts
11 upvotes
Would there be a step by step to a business line for the $25 for 25 gb? Because that sounds amazing
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1466 posts
1021 upvotes
ThrowRoo wrote: Would there be a step by step to a business line for the $25 for 25 gb? Because that sounds amazing

As far as I know, it's the same steps listed in OP and thread summary, but business lines instead of personal lines.
May 15, 2018
195 posts
91 upvotes
Midevilshadow wrote: Any suggestions on how to get the $0 Peace of Mind Connect?
Isnt the post you quoted quite some time ago? I believe that was the older winback plan where data is not sharable between lines in account but watch/tablet can be added and have their own 1-2gb. I could be wrong.
The current winback plan has all data from all lines pooled together and for $10/mo your watch/tablet can access that pool.

Thread Information

There are currently 13 users viewing this thread. (7 members and 6 guests)

1nphinity, Smackdaddy, Ambifacient, Webuser, peter064, brew99, Gemini05