Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Telus

Telus 25 GB Peace of mind Winback - 45$ YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2024 1:32 am
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2010
1353 posts
1220 upvotes
The Great North
31337hacker wrote: Is it a hassle (or even possible) to fix an issue with the name on the account without having to create a new one? I signed up for the $50/30 GB win-back plan and the order of my name is in reverse (last name first, first name second). It's an error because the guy on the phone referred to me correctly by my first name.

I'm still waiting for the SIM card to come in the mail and I plan on contacting TELUS support once I get it.
I changed one of my plan member's name by just logging in to my Telus account. There is an option to change subscriber's name, happy it was easy to do since I butchered the spelling during setup.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5621 posts
1552 upvotes
Toronto
nivek_k2020 wrote: I changed one of my plan member's name by just logging in to my Telus account. There is an option to change subscriber's name, happy it was easy to do since I butchered the spelling during setup.

nvm found it, its under subscriber name
Last edited by Gotoff on Jan 18th, 2022 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 27, 2017
58 posts
2 upvotes
Gotoff wrote:
sorry for the late reply, and yes i did. I enabled autopay but he gave the disc right away instead of having to wait a month
Haha no worries! I’m still waiting for my Telus sims to arrive before I port my additional lines over. I wonder why we’re instructed to not enable autopay when we’re porting over if it gets us the extra $5… is there a downside to it?
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7446 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Gotoff wrote: nvm found it, its under subscriber name
Go to MyTelus, under My Profile, click "Change subscriber name" (beside Change email and Change Password). Then pick the line you want to change.

Just remember that this changes only the name shown on MyTelus.com, and probably on your invoice only. It has no effects on the outgoing caller ID, which remains your account name regardless of which line you enable it on.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5621 posts
1552 upvotes
Toronto
rvs007 wrote: Go to MyTelus, under My Profile, click "Change subscriber name" (beside Change email and Change Password). Then pick the line you want to change.

Just remember that this changes only the name shown on MyTelus.com, and probably on your invoice only. It has no effects on the outgoing caller ID, which remains your account name regardless of which line you enable it on.
is there a way to change caller id? that would be annoying lol
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7446 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Gotoff wrote: is there a way to change caller id? that would be annoying lol
Nope, it's a limitation of the Telus system. Or as Telus puts it, a feature... to prevent people changing their caller ID and pretending they are someone else.
Nov 7, 2017
256 posts
158 upvotes
I know calls go thru telus 1st but kinda wierd to be able to do it on airplane mode since mobile networks turn off on airplane mode.
Jun 24, 2019
223 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
nivek_k2020 wrote: I changed one of my plan member's name by just logging in to my Telus account. There is an option to change subscriber's name, happy it was easy to do since I butchered the spelling during setup.
Yeah, I recently learned about that. It's good that you can finally do it from your account. What I need is an actual account name change. I don't want want my outgoing caller ID to have the wrong name. It would suck if I have to end up closing the account because of it. And I wonder if I'll be eligible for another win-back offer.
Jan 11, 2014
57 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
I got the win-back offer last week and now waiting for my TELUS sim cards; I was wondering if in the first email you got from TELUS after the call, you could see the discounted offer price . for me it's 80$ (without noting the discounts) and CSR mentioned it will be changed after activation or first bill (not sure) is that right?

Thank you in advance
Jun 24, 2019
223 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
ebiabdi wrote: I got the win-back offer last week and now waiting for my TELUS sim cards; I was wondering if in the first email you got from TELUS after the call, you could see the discounted offer price . for me it's 80$ (without noting the discounts) and CSR mentioned it will be changed after activation or first bill (not sure) is that right?

Thank you in advance
I received an email titled "Your TELUS Device Activation Confirmation" with a PDF that shows the details of my plan ($50/30 GB). I don't see a single mention of $80.
Jan 11, 2014
57 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
31337hacker wrote: I received an email titled "Your TELUS Device Activation Confirmation" with a PDF that shows the details of my plan ($50/30 GB). I don't see a single mention of $80.
Really? So am I screwed ?!
Jan 11, 2014
57 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
31337hacker wrote: I received an email titled "Your TELUS Device Activation Confirmation" with a PDF that shows the details of my plan ($50/30 GB). I don't see a single mention of $80.
Wasn't this after you received your sim cards and activated them ? the one I received is order confirmation. I guess activation confirmation should be after you received the sim card, isn't it?
Jun 24, 2019
223 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
ebiabdi wrote:
Really? So am I screwed ?!
ebiabdi wrote:
Wasn't this after you received your sim cards and activated them ? the one I received is order confirmation. I guess activation confirmation should be after you received the sim card, isn't it?
I don't think you're screwed. If there are any issues, then contact support to get it sorted out. I haven't received my SIM card yet. Also, I received the "device activation confirmation" email an hour after the win-back call ended.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2010
1565 posts
2379 upvotes
Toronto
Just curious regarding those who have opted for this plan--are you guys able to get a new phone with this plan?
Mar 12, 2005
182 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto, ON
asterisk* wrote: Just curious regarding those who have opted for this plan--are you guys able to get a new phone with this plan?
No. I do not believe anyone with the $45/25GB shared winback plan have got a subsidized new phone.
You can always get a new phone with any plan, just without any subsidy.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2010
1565 posts
2379 upvotes
Toronto
StraySheep wrote: No. I do not believe anyone with the $45/25GB shared winback plan have got a subsidized new phone.
You can always get a new phone with any plan, just without any subsidy.
Thanks for responding. I guess it serves those who are heavy users well. I am a light user (have never exceeded 5GB a month) at now that WFH is the new norm, I am at about 3GB. I like to be able to get a subsidized phone every 2 years--my way of getting the most of my $ to the service provider (was Koodo and now Virgin) Just trying to get the biggest bang out of my buck and 2 year commitment to whichever provider for my wife and I.
Jan 11, 2014
57 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
31337hacker wrote: I don't think you're screwed. If there are any issues, then contact support to get it sorted out. I haven't received my SIM card yet. Also, I received the "device activation confirmation" email an hour after the win-back call ended.
This is weird. I call them today and got their confirmation verbally again but the PDF you were referring to is 80$ for me ! They said everything will be fine in my first invoice but the problem is that that 80$ is in my plan info! Has anyone else have this issue?
Images
  • Capture.JPG
Jan 16, 2013
149 posts
90 upvotes
North York
JoeKozak wrote: Please check SOC for your plan - if it is PPM50GCUS, you have 50GB/$100 CAN-US plan (also called "Unlimited 50 CAN-US"), not 50GB/$70 plan.
Also screenshot can be useful.
Couldn’t find the SOC code, but they confirmed that it’s discounted to $80 as long as I keep the plan.

Here are the screenshots of the plan they gave me.

Called this morning and was given the opportunity to switch to a 60GB CAN-US $90.00 plan and the discount will make it $70. I need to remain on this plan and not change it for the discount to remain. Asked three times if the discount expires, the agent said no.
Images
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
Deal Addict
May 29, 2017
2628 posts
3024 upvotes
Canada
Uzairm87 wrote: Unrelated but Interesting that wifi calling works if u use it even while in airplane mode on samsung devices

Now I'm wondering if ur carrier can charge u at that point.

If ur in airplane mode, how will they track.
WiFi Calling just makes your wireless router at home your personal tower, that's all.

Telus only lets you access it while in Canada unless you use a Canada based VPN while abroad.

This has always worked on iPhone....since WiFi Calling became a thing. But it defeats the purpose when using iPhone with dual SIM as it does not allow the Telus line to remain in "airplane" mode on its own....otherwise would be a great solution.

Last but not least, many carriers have allowed WiFi Calling to be accessible while abroad, but Telus would rather you pay their per day rate than have anything free.
USA eSIM Free Trials Telus: $30/75GB CA/US x4 • $0 X00GB Bonus • $0 AW x2 • $0 CA/US Tablet SIM(x4) | Freedom: $27.50 30GB CA/1GB USA • $25/Year Unlimited T/T/7GB/Mo Data