Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Telus

Telus 25 GB Peace of mind Winback - 45$ YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 11:39 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2005
5042 posts
2739 upvotes
Earth
Alright, I am done. Finally got my call forwarding
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.

$99 10GB/month Can/US/Mexico, 1000 minutes, free evenings and weekend
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2005
5042 posts
2739 upvotes
Earth
U4LIFE wrote: Pretty sure it’s China/Hongkong/Taiwan , not India, unless there is another code.

And congrats on the other freebies
+ South Korea, Japan, Singapore and Malaysia
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.

Dec 23, 2010
293 posts
237 upvotes
Vancouver
No luck for the $0 tablet plan but they did give it to me for $5. Code is PPMUATB5.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1464 posts
1517 upvotes
After jumping through hoops earlier this summer to get these plans, my time with Telus was short-lived. The BF offers this year were ridiculous. I ended up jumping to:

Line 1: Rogers
$55 100GB Canada-USA talk, text, data
+ Free Samsung A7 tablet and $0 tablet plan (share data w phone plan in USA as well)
+ iPhone 13 for $0 (Bring-it-back of $480)

Line 2, 3, 4: Virgin
$45 for 50GB
+ credit of $5 for 10 months (referral credit)
+ $350 WM GC
+ Free iPhone 11 64GB (plan to sell)
+ $5 multi-line discount
= Worked out to effectively $15 a month per line for 50 GB for the next 2 years

This thread really embodies the spirit of RFD with folks helping one another and giving advice on plans. Thanks for the insight to help me initially get the Telus winback plan and good luck to those trying to get it! :)
-
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2013
1186 posts
1227 upvotes
Toronto, ON
trek604 wrote: No luck for the $0 tablet plan but they did give it to me for $5. Code is PPMUATB5.
Did you speak to loyalty?

Was just offered a $0 CAN-US tablet plan on my line today, I already had 2.

She said no problem and she could even waive the activation fee. She said the only limitation is it only works with BYOD, not if there's a contract. The issue was they asked these security questions and I got one of them wrong because they ask like what year did you get x credit card. She said once you get it wrong, it locks out for 24 hours to prevent identity theft and she'll call me back tomorrow.

If someone wants to steal my identity, call Telus loyalty wait in queue and get me a $0 tablet plan, be my guest.
Jul 4, 2018
80 posts
70 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Just called in and talked to a loyalty rep that my SOC does not qualify for the $0 Apple watch plan
With 250Mbps cap & family discount : POM25G45N

Crying Face
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2015
1880 posts
1820 upvotes
Maple leafs
Jonavin wrote: + South Korea, Japan, Singapore and Malaysia
really, interesting. thanks

Is that documented anywhere on the telus site?
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2015
1880 posts
1820 upvotes
Maple leafs
Kishin wrote: Just called in and talked to a loyalty rep that my SOC does not qualify for the $0 Apple watch plan
With 250Mbps cap & family discount : POM25G45N

Crying Face
technically it doesnt.. its supposed to be for old peace of mind connect plans. But the reps can use discretion and add it anyways if they want or get approval for.

keep trying.

also I find its better not to just mention SOC codes.. puts many of them off.. Just call in, and say that money's tight, and it's kinda of expensive for a watch plan that you barely use. even quote last months watch data usage. Ask if they have anything cheaper or free.

Gotta let them try and solution. It's all about how you ask. Also better to have the watch plan already setup on the account, so they just have to quickly change it. Keep it simple

For transparency I have 3 of these $0 watch plans, also with the same winback plans
Aug 29, 2004
187 posts
208 upvotes
Mississauga
Ported out two of my lines yesterday to Freedom. Does Telus Win back call you or should I call them?
Oct 11, 2021
52 posts
21 upvotes
Windsor Ontario
andrew6123 wrote: Ported out two of my lines yesterday to Freedom. Does Telus Win back call you or should I call them?
I will wait for winback call
Jul 14, 2018
595 posts
761 upvotes
andrew6123 wrote: Ported out two of my lines yesterday to Freedom. Does Telus Win back call you or should I call them?
wait a few days but if you don't get a call then call them
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2005
5042 posts
2739 upvotes
Earth
U4LIFE wrote: really, interesting. thanks

Is that documented anywhere on the telus site?
No. But this is what the rep told me.

Dec 23, 2010
293 posts
237 upvotes
Vancouver
lol my tablet plan shows the family discount bringing it to -$2.50/mo. Wonder if will stay haha.
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2005
5042 posts
2739 upvotes
Earth
trek604 wrote: lol my tablet plan shows the family discount bringing it to -$2.50/mo. Wonder if will stay haha.
It’s a known bug. You don’t have negative credits.

Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2007
1179 posts
468 upvotes
I ported my Telus number earlier today to Rogers for their $50 100GB plan, and I just received a call from Telus' winback team. When I explained that I had switched over to Rogers for their Black Friday special, he said that Telus had a similar offer during the Black Friday weekend (which I have a hard time believing considering that most people here that tried to get Telus to match the Rogers deal weren't successful), but it was no longer available. I have a feeling he had already talked to several people that had switched to Rogers for their Black Friday special, as he didn't even really try to win me back after I told him why I had left Telus. However, I told him that he could call me back if Telus offers a similar deal during Boxing Day.

I guess we'll see what happens during Boxing Day.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
1866 posts
563 upvotes
Toronto
anyone know of any telus authorized dealers or business reps and can share info ?
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
2011 posts
935 upvotes
Ottawa
DreamSanctuary wrote: Did you speak to loyalty?

Was just offered a $0 CAN-US tablet plan on my line today, I already had 2.

She said no problem and she could even waive the activation fee. She said the only limitation is it only works with BYOD, not if there's a contract. The issue was they asked these security questions and I got one of them wrong because they ask like what year did you get x credit card. She said once you get it wrong, it locks out for 24 hours to prevent identity theft and she'll call me back tomorrow.

If someone wants to steal my identity, call Telus loyalty wait in queue and get me a $0 tablet plan, be my guest.
Sounds like I'll have to try again on another day to get an additional tablet line added to my account (currently just have watch + tablet). Would be nice to have the CAN-US option for the occasional travel south of the border.

Explanation given to me by CS and TS was that the base plan needs to include US calling/texting/data in order to get CAN-US for a tablet plan. Changed gears and inquired if I wanted to add another data line for Canada only would that cost anything extra. As hold times are super long right now (+1hr) backend support isn't easy to reach so they said they'd get back to me with if they can do this on Monday (as they mentioned they see both the $10/month and $0/month options on my account).
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ObLaDi wrote: anyone know of any telus authorized dealers or business reps and can share info ?
Are you asking about this winback promotion? I don't believe any authorized dealers or business reps would have access to the winback plans. You have to go through the winback department. All the requirements and steps are detailed in the first post.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
2085 posts
1030 upvotes
gtirsmiley wrote: Hurray! Got the 0$ watch plan added :)
Did you have to activate yourself first before changing? Waiting for my latest bill to generate before trying again on my end.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)