• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2021 9:47 pm
[OP]
Banned
Oct 24, 2021
24 posts
17 upvotes

[Telus] Telus 30 GB Winback for $50 and two Samsung Tablet YMMV

I just received an e-mail from Telus for a winback deal.

They gave me 30 GB for $50 month to month plan. In addition, they also threw in two Samsung tab A7 Lite for $5 each for 24 months. Total monthly cost is $60/month + Tax.

No activation fee and they gave me $90 credit.

This is a winback deal. I left Telus a few years back and they just sent me an e-mail.

YMMV. You must have received an e-mail from them.
13 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2018
5742 posts
16341 upvotes
Kitchener
Very good deal, unfortunately, I can't get it as I've never been with them.
PC: i9 9900ks, RTX 3060 Ti 8gb, 64gb RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Nov 28, 2021
2 posts
7 upvotes
They called me with this deal as well. I just left telus on Friday for the 12gb / $35/month on Fido.

Guy on the phone said unlimited everything (text, nationwide calling, etc) and 30gb data at $50/month. Asked if I had other services, I told him I have internet with telus as well and he said he could knock off another $15.

So deal would be 30gb for $35/month for 24 months. BYOD. Kinda crazy I had to leave to get this deal, but also gone for not even a week and they already calling me up.
Sep 27, 2020
9 posts
4 upvotes
chilldeals333 wrote: I just received an e-mail from Telus for a winback deal.

They gave me 30 GB for $50 month to month plan. In addition, they also threw in two Samsung tab A7 Lite for $5 each for 24 months. Total monthly cost is $60/month + Tax.

No activation fee and they gave me $90 credit.

This is a winback deal. I left Telus a few years back and they just sent me an e-mail.

YMMV. You must have received an e-mail from them.
Did you have to call a number from the email? I used to be with Telus a few years ago as well was wondering if I could just call in and asked about it. I didn't receive an email since the email I used probably never updated the terms and conditions so the emails stopped coming in since 2019. Btw which area?
[OP]
Banned
Oct 24, 2021
24 posts
17 upvotes
Tenk24 wrote: Did you have to call a number from the email? I used to be with Telus a few years ago as well was wondering if I could just call in and asked about it. I didn't receive an email since the email I used probably never updated the terms and conditions so the emails stopped coming in since 2019. Btw which area?
Yes, the email had a 1833 number. I am in ontario
Nov 20, 2013
44 posts
25 upvotes
Good to know I have telus for my Wife's number she is currently paying 80.00 for her plan but my work just got us a epp with Bell 50.00 for 20GB (but I really hate them) so I was going to call and use it as leverage.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2011
1157 posts
1255 upvotes
Toronto
2 Q's:
1) Is this a BYOD, or can you add a tab? (edit: based on another post, seems like it's BYOD)
2) Any thoughts on if you switch from Koodo, whether this will be offered?
May 15, 2018
190 posts
82 upvotes
2 more questions:
1. Are the tablet LTE and connected? If yes, Using the same 30gb or separate amount of data?
2. Does family discount apply for multiple lines?
May 10, 2009
33 posts
4 upvotes
Hamilton
Got the email. Took the deal. I was with Telus for 20 years before I left to go to Zoomer Wireless. I would go to Zoomer Wireless in a heartbeat again, but I know that they cannot compete with this deal.

Deal is month to month. Didnt go for the tablet. Dont need one. This is a BYOD, they said they could offer me another phone. I dont need one so i did not inquire any further.
Mar 19, 2009
282 posts
89 upvotes
YVR
tks234 wrote: Got the email. Took the deal. I was with Telus for 20 years before I left to go to Zoomer Wireless. I would go to Zoomer Wireless in a heartbeat again, but I know that they cannot compete with this deal.

Deal is month to month. Didnt go for the tablet. Dont need one. This is a BYOD, they said they could offer me another phone. I dont need one so i did not inquire any further.
Can anybody share the phone number on the email?
Jan 23, 2007
287 posts
301 upvotes
London
Oh PLEASE email me Telus... virgin has been nothing but shit
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
7031 posts
7231 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Everyone who got offered this, how about you indicate if you were on consumer plan or EPP. My guess would probably be the first one (Consumer). Provide more details, and copy of the email would be nice as well so that members of this forum can stop asking questions and move along.
Telus $30/25GB X 4 lines Non shareable
$0 200 USA LD min/month X 4 lines
$0 Visual Voicemail X 4 lines

Fringe Minority