Expired Hot Deals

Telus

Telus discounted Internet for the disabled (Internet for Good) now offers 50 Mbps service

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2021 12:04 pm
[OP]
Dec 6, 2020
850 posts
917 upvotes

[Telus] Telus discounted Internet for the disabled (Internet for Good) now offers 50 Mbps service

Telus has expanded its Internet for Good service to offer 50 Mbps for $19.95/month, in addition to the pre-existing offer of 25 Mbps for $9.95/month. Both plans have no data caps, connection charges, or minimum terms.

Eligibility is restricted to people who live in Telus-served areas and receive Alberta AISH, BC PWD, or federal CPPD benefits.
Last edited by middleofnowhere on Oct 9th, 2021 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
10 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2010
1238 posts
1281 upvotes
Sadly Telus has stopped install internet where I am as they can't do above 6 mbps down. I know people who qualify for the $10/month family in need plans but can't get anything as no one will install.
Zoomer: 1 account for family and planning to leave for good in 2023
Koodo too: for a phone and locked to 24 months but was a good deal.
Sep 26, 2013
514 posts
1004 upvotes
this is actually news to me. My dad uses telus 25 Mbps and he recevies CPPD. (injure at work). but he didn't get any discount for it. I'll inform him about this and see if they can apply for it. He currently pays around 50 dallor a month.
[OP]
Dec 6, 2020
850 posts
917 upvotes
geoffs wrote: Sadly Telus has stopped install internet where I am as they can't do above 6 mbps down. I know people who qualify for the $10/month family in need plans but can't get anything as no one will install.
Are these people eligible for Connecting Families? Shaw participates in that and should be able to connect up people who live in areas without Telus VDSL.

The best alternative option for people who don't qualify for Connecting Families and can't get Telus VDSL is Lightspeed's 15 Mbps plan for $35.90.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1260 posts
1509 upvotes
Toronto
azraelluz wrote: this is actually news to me. My dad uses telus 25 Mbps and he recevies CPPD. (injure at work). but he didn't get any discount for it. I'll inform him about this and see if they can apply for it. He currently pays around 50 dallor a month.
Oh jeez regardless he shouldnt be paying that much for that speed! I'm currently with fido for $50 a month for 150 mbps download
[OP]
Dec 6, 2020
850 posts
917 upvotes
bpboop wrote: Oh jeez regardless he shouldnt be paying that much for that speed! I'm currently with fido for $50 a month for 150 mbps download
$50 for 25 Mbps is low for market rate Internet in western Canada. We get ripped off even more than you do.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1260 posts
1509 upvotes
Toronto
middleofnowhere wrote: $50 for 25 Mbps is low for market rate Internet in western Canada. We get ripped off even more than you do.
Yeah but never buy at market rate - always call in/use third parties for offers. I've had luck posting in local fb community groups asking for internet salespeople and they alway have the best deals (im not sure if its out west, but tbooth has hooked me up!)
Jul 13, 2016
547 posts
818 upvotes
Vancouver, London, T…
azraelluz wrote: this is actually news to me. My dad uses telus 25 Mbps and he recevies CPPD. (injure at work). but he didn't get any discount for it. I'll inform him about this and see if they can apply for it. He currently pays around 50 dallor a month.
I renegotiated my mom’s Telus 75 Home Internet (unlimited data) and home phone with call display for only $45 per month on a two year contract.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2007
1664 posts
1354 upvotes
Canada
bpboop wrote: Oh jeez regardless he shouldnt be paying that much for that speed! I'm currently with fido for $50 a month for 150 mbps download
I have to agree with you. 50 Mbps if they have multiple people in their household is insufficient. Just because they are CCPD recipients, it doesn't mean they should be offered these low speeds only. ISPs should offer the 150Mbps service at $10 honestly.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
5126 posts
5990 upvotes
GTA
Teletran wrote: I have to agree with you. 50 Mbps if they have multiple people in their household is insufficient. Just because they are CCPD recipients, it doesn't mean they should be offered these low speeds only. ISPs should offer the 150Mbps service at $10 honestly.
50 Is plenty for everyone unless more than one person is streaming 4K content. I have 4 people using the internet at the same time sometimes with 2 people using Netflix (1080P) and have no issues with only 16Mbps. I do agree with you that we pay way to much for internet (and cell) services.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2010
1238 posts
1281 upvotes
middleofnowhere wrote: Are these people eligible for Connecting Families? Shaw participates in that and should be able to connect up people who live in areas without Telus VDSL.

The best alternative option for people who don't qualify for Connecting Families and can't get Telus VDSL is Lightspeed's 15 Mbps plan for $35.90.
If they no longer install in smaller towns that don't have fast Telus you're out of luck
Zoomer: 1 account for family and planning to leave for good in 2023
Koodo too: for a phone and locked to 24 months but was a good deal.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)