Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2020

[Telus] Telus EPP 1 Gigabit Home internet (BC & Alberta) - $ 58.25 plus taxes (Non-EPP $68.25)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2021 2:39 pm
Nov 28, 2008
726 posts
49 upvotes
YMM/YEG
In AB, was on Internet 300 with a student discount for 2 years or so. Student discount expired 2 months ago and was holding off for the Black Friday deal.

Called 1-888-811-2323 and told the rep about different current promotions and gave some of the plans that people are getting here for 1 Gigabit with credits. Transferred to Retentions/Loyalty department and rep gave me $75 per month with $100 credit for 24 months. Also mentioned Koodo's phone number and he put in the request for an additional $10 mobility discount. Mentioned I will get an email about changes.

Did not get the confirmation email. So called Retentions again and tried to get a better deal. Rep said he can't do better. But verified that I will get a $10 mobility discount after the request goes through. Also reduced my current bill by half upon asking.

So $75 - $10 Mobility discount + $100 credit = ~$61/mth for 1Gbit Internet in AB through Retentions.
Proud RFDer
PSN: ShaniSPG
Nov 26, 2020
9 posts
I received a great deal with TELUS Business yesterday for 4 lines that I ported from Rogers, the rep gave me a huge port in credit/line and discounts on the phone. I'll be happy to share the details with you. I was an RBC business client so I got a much better deal.
Jan 12, 2005
65 posts
13 upvotes
What kind of deal are people getting in Alberta for the full TV, Internet, Mobile and Home Security?
Jun 20, 2009
1 posts
Burnaby
Hi achohan91, please PM me with telus sales contact. Thank you!!! Long-time Shaw customer, tired of crappy internet and no retention offers!
Aug 21, 2019
52 posts
71 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
achohan91 wrote: achohan91 - I'm in Vancouver can you pass along your contact info? Thank you.
Done
[/quote]

hi achohan91 please PM me for this info i would like to take this deal too!
Mar 6, 2014
14 posts
2 upvotes
Surrey
achohan91 wrote: I just got offered $85 per month for internet 1000 with $450 credit. If someone wants this in Vancouver area, let me know, I can get you this deal via this person.

I signed up for this deal. Done with Shaw Internet 300 - bad upload speeds and unstable connection.
@achohan91 I am in Vancouver area and would like to get this deal please, but I currently also have optik tv and homephone I'd like to keep too if its possible!
Jul 19, 2017
56 posts
37 upvotes
Vancouver, B.C.
lil_dreams wrote: Hi. I just got off the phone from the contact. Their phone # was 604-596-9685,

It was a complete waste of time.

- the lady on the phone asked my address 5 times! She could find my place. She said the postal code didn't exist. I even gave her the Telus Account #. She said she can't find it. I don't know what's wrong.
- offer was $85/month for 1 Gbps and $17/month for home phone. NO CREDITS

Eventually she said I can just call Telus customer service b/c she cannot find my account.
I just signed up with telus and had the install on Nov 9 in Calgary, AB. It appears this lady has no idea how to give any offers. I mentioned the $450 credit and she said no.

Very disappointed.
I just called this number and was informed of the following for EPP customers with an existing Telus Mobility account:

$75 - Gigabit internet + $400 billing credit
$55 - TV with 4 theme packs + $50 billing credit
$17 - landline phone, no billing credit

Edit: confirmed with the rep that the TV plan is $55/month after the EPP discount, not $65.
Mar 2, 2011
454 posts
228 upvotes
West
otmshank wrote: I just called this number and was informed of the following for EPP customers with an existing Telus Mobility account:

Edit: confirmed with the rep that the TV plan is $55/month after the EPP discount, not $65.
Wow that is so much better than what i was offered! I am just turned off by the awful experience so might just leave it. Thanks for posting back.
Feb 29, 2012
384 posts
124 upvotes
otmshank wrote: I just called this number and was informed of the following for EPP customers with an existing Telus Mobility account:

What's the point of a landline if you have a mobile?
(The only thing I can think of is maybe for fax, even then, I send and receive any necessary faxes at work, which is not very often...)
May 20, 2005
30 posts
11 upvotes
YVR
Achohan91 please contact me as well. Vancouver area