Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2020

[Telus] Telus EPP 1 Gigabit Home internet (BC & Alberta) - $ 58.25 plus taxes (Non-EPP $68.25)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2021 2:39 pm
Nov 28, 2020
1 posts
@achohan91, please contact me as well. Vancouver Area. Thanks!
Last edited by RinkyDoo on Nov 29th, 2020 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2003
2128 posts
248 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I already have Internet service with Telus. Is it possible to sign up for this if I have an existing service?

I see this offer on my company's EPP offers if I select if I don't select that I already have service. Offers are not there when I select that I'm already an existing telus customer.
Nov 28, 2020
4 posts
Hi, could you send me the contact info for this deal as well? Thanks!
Nov 28, 2020
4 posts
achohan91 wrote: I just got offered $85 per month for internet 1000 with $450 credit. If someone wants this in Vancouver area, let me know, I can get you this deal via this person.

I signed up for this deal. Done with Shaw Internet 300 - bad upload speeds and unstable connection.
New to the forum. Any chance this deal is still happening? If so, could I get the contact as well? Thanks!
Jan 12, 2005
65 posts
13 upvotes
I am an existing TELUS customer in Calgary.
I gave them a call today to tell them about all these deals that people are getting and they said my contract still has a year to go, so not a whole lot they can do for me.
The promos going on now are for new customers, but the best they can do is give me a $10 savings for the next 6 months. I assume they probably saw how much loyalty discounts I was already getting, so would be a stretch to squeeze out more for me -- Guess I am keeping my TELUS 300 and any savings is better than no savings.
In any case, I didn't think it would of been suitable for me to ask them to bounce me to Loyalty/Retentions thereafter, so maybe I will call them when I get closer to the end of my term.
Jul 15, 2003
779 posts
206 upvotes
dosun wrote: I am an existing TELUS customer in Calgary.
I gave them a call today to tell them about all these deals that people are getting and they said my contract still has a year to go, so not a whole lot they can do for me.
The promos going on now are for new customers, but the best they can do is give me a $10 savings for the next 6 months. I assume they probably saw how much loyalty discounts I was already getting, so would be a stretch to squeeze out more for me -- Guess I am keeping my TELUS 300 and any savings is better than no savings.
In any case, I didn't think it would of been suitable for me to ask them to bounce me to Loyalty/Retentions thereafter, so maybe I will call them when I get closer to the end of my term.
$10/month for six months is better than nothing! Similar situation, but just reupped recently. Might call in to see what I can get, but I'm lazy.
Jan 2, 2020
8 posts
2 upvotes
I called Telus this weekend to sign up for Fibre internet, as a new customer. I called multiple times, multiple numbers. I spoke to regular sales people, as well as the loyalty lines. No one would offer me anything better than $95 per month for Gigabit Internet, with $200 credits. I don't have Telus mobility or EPP. I only want Internet, no other services. I am in BC.

Is this what I should be expecting as a new customer?

I have an apartment building discount of 25%, but that should not affect my offered promotions, right? Do you think Telus reps are less likely to give out promotions to new customers if they know you already have a building discount?
Sep 13, 2018
8 posts
2 upvotes
otmshank wrote: I just called this number and was informed of the following for EPP customers with an existing Telus Mobility account:

$75 - Gigabit internet + $400 billing credit
$55 - TV with 4 theme packs + $50 billing credit
$17 - landline phone, no billing credit

Edit: confirmed with the rep that the TV plan is $55/month after the EPP discount, not $65.

I got the call from the contact and had the same experience as @lil_dreams. Waste of my time. Said the BF deal was for new customers only and that I'm not eligible for anything as an existing customer. She said that my best shot was to call Retentions, which I spent over 2+ hours on the phone with yesterday only to be told that I could pay $125 a month for gigabit internet for the next two years. So my takeaway here is that the longer you are with Telus, the shittier they treat you.

If there are any Telus reps for Alberta on here who can actually do something helpful, please get in touch. Also, anyone with a positive experience with one of the smaller internet providers in Edmonton, I'd love to hear your recommendations. Ready to take my business elsewhere.
Jul 18, 2016
77 posts
59 upvotes
@achohan91 could you PM your Telus contact please, looking to switch from Shaw, I am in Calgary. TIA
Nov 25, 2020
3 posts
hi, can anyone please tell me if it is legit ? why does the guy ask for a reply to a gmail address and not a telus email ? he said he works for Telus to me when I asked. We have to send our Drivers Licence number in, I guess..
Jul 19, 2017
56 posts
37 upvotes
Vancouver, B.C.
JasmineO60586 wrote: I got the call from the contact and had the same experience as @lil_dreams. Waste of my time. Said the BF deal was for new customers only and that I'm not eligible for anything as an existing customer. She said that my best shot was to call Retentions, which I spent over 2+ hours on the phone with yesterday only to be told that I could pay $125 a month for gigabit internet for the next two years. So my takeaway here is that the longer you are with Telus, the shittier they treat you.

If there are any Telus reps for Alberta on here who can actually do something helpful, please get in touch. Also, anyone with a positive experience with one of the smaller internet providers in Edmonton, I'd love to hear your recommendations. Ready to take my business elsewhere.
I have internet and TV service with Shaw and mobile service with Telus through EPP. I thought I was an existing customer because of Telus Mobility but it sounds like Telus Home Services is treated separately from Telus Mobility?
Mar 28, 2016
10 posts
11 upvotes
I actually went to the surrey location. Seems legit to me. Got my install date for next week as well as confirmations and contract printed out. Also got one from Telus. Will update once I get my first bill.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1281 posts
498 upvotes
JasmineO60586 wrote: I got the call from the contact and had the same experience as @lil_dreams. Waste of my time. Said the BF deal was for new customers only and that I'm not eligible for anything as an existing customer. She said that my best shot was to call Retentions, which I spent over 2+ hours on the phone with yesterday only to be told that I could pay $125 a month for gigabit internet for the next two years. So my takeaway here is that the longer you are with Telus, the shittier they treat you.

Retentions offered me $85/yr for gigabit. Would be $75 if I had Telus/Koodo mobility. Gotta try harder.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2601 posts
1226 upvotes
Surrey
Xao604 wrote: I actually went to the surrey location. Seems legit to me. Got my install date for next week as well as confirmations and contract printed out. Also got one from Telus. Will update once I get my first bill.
Where is this location?