Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2020

[Telus] Telus EPP 1 Gigabit Home internet (BC & Alberta) - $ 58.25 plus taxes (Non-EPP $68.25)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2021 2:39 pm
Nov 27, 2014
1 posts
Surrey, BC
achohan91 wrote: I just got offered $85 per month for internet 1000 with $450 credit. If someone wants this in Vancouver area, let me know, I can get you this deal via this person.

I signed up for this deal. Done with Shaw Internet 300 - bad upload speeds and unstable connection.
Hello @achohan91 - if you could send me the contact details for the person who can hook me up with this deal that'd be much appreciated! Thank you!
Sep 13, 2018
8 posts
2 upvotes
ditachan wrote: Retentions offered me $85/yr for gigabit. Would be $75 if I had Telus/Koodo mobility. Gotta try harder.
Did you keep calling in until you got someone who would help? Each time I call in, the agent can see what I’ve been told by the last person and just keeps saying the same thing. I don’t mind calling again if it’s luck of the draw, I just don’t want to waste my time if they’re just repeating the same thing that’s written on my account.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2003
2128 posts
248 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I noticed that if you have Telus mobility, you can get an extra $10 off for 24 months. Can we just pay $10 and signup for a telus prepaid account. That means your paying $10 to get $230 back over 2 years?
Dec 7, 2004
966 posts
59 upvotes
NeilM43066 wrote: hi, can anyone please tell me if it is legit ? why does the guy ask for a reply to a gmail address and not a telus email ? he said he works for Telus to me when I asked. We have to send our Drivers Licence number in, I guess..
It's legit. They are a Telus authorized dealer.
I got my contract and install date directly from Telus .
Mar 28, 2016
10 posts
11 upvotes
paaji wrote: Where is this location?
It's in the same complex as the Walmart on 88th and 126th in Surrey. Very nice people.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2601 posts
1226 upvotes
Surrey
Xao604 wrote: It's in the same complex as the Walmart on 88th and 126th in Surrey. Very nice people.
Thanks
Sep 10, 2018
10 posts
I think my contract with TELUS recently expired. I'd like to know if there's any TELUS rep that could provide me with some decent deals.

I'm from around Surrey Area.

I'd like to ask @achohan91 as well since it looks like your popular atm =P

Thanks!
Nov 26, 2020
2 posts
It looks like the last time @achohan91 participated in this thread was 4 days ago now and I haven't heard from him/her since requesting the contact info as instructed. Has anyone? This does indeed seem like a goose chase.
Jan 12, 2005
65 posts
13 upvotes
otmshank wrote: I have internet and TV service with Shaw and mobile service with Telus through EPP. I thought I was an existing customer because of Telus Mobility but it sounds like Telus Home Services is treated separately from Telus Mobility?
Yes, they are separate, but once you get to retentions they are able to see everything together.
I will impart the same wisdom as others have on me in that all reps are not equal. So if you aren't getting anywhere with one of them then call back later and speak with another. Being nice and having a calm demeanor goes a long way as well.
Mar 25, 2006
239 posts
132 upvotes
This deal is offered by Future Gen Communications, an authorised Telus rep: https://stores.telus.com/en/telus-futur ... ons-surrey.

Just call them at 604-596-9685, they will set you up. They need your name, email, address, employer (if eligible for EPP) and 2 pieces of ID. The whole thing took 10 mins for me.
Nov 21, 2018
8 posts
3 upvotes
Well that's frustrating, "Sorry, your location only has a copper line" - even though the Telus kids come knocking on my door twice a year saying "We have fibre to your unit, do you want to switch?"
Mar 14, 2015
744 posts
57 upvotes
Edmonton
Can anyone share the email of one of the reps? Wanting to get in writing that I'll be getting EPP pricing, it doesn't show on my info summary that they sent and never asked for my employer just said I'd get it in my 2nd month of billing.

Email on their site doesn't work, so just seems suspicious but should be legit...
Nov 29, 2020
8 posts
4 upvotes
Whoops. Posted a comment in the wrong thread. Here's the correct info:

I was with Telus already. Had Gigabit fiber. Contract was expiring. Called in and told the guy I love Telus and don't want to have to go look at Shaw, so I'm hoping he'd help me out. He said he can keep my Gigabit internet as well as my Pik TV package, but for $5 more than before. So it'd be $85/month. No additional bill credits. I accepted. I then saw the retail price of the 1.5Gbit internet plan is just $5 more than the 1Gbit plan. So I called in and asked if I could upgrade to that for the difference in price. Rep initially said she doesn't think it can be done, but contacted Loyalty for me and they agreed to talk to me about it. They ended up doing the 1.5Gbit plan, along with my Pik TV, and kept the $85 price. And they're coming out to replace my router with their new model in a couple days, and I was told they'd replace the old wifi extender unit they had left at my house with the new model as well if I called them and asked for it after the technician finished up at my place.

I don't think it's a bad price. Lowest I ever had with them was I think $58 for Gigabit about 3 years ago. But $85 for 1.5 Gigabit and Pik TV, and a router upgrade, and I'm happy. Especially after negotiating my parent's package with Shaw and seeing how absolutely terrible both their prices and their customer service is.
Dec 7, 2004
966 posts
59 upvotes
I feel bad for OP. He can't keep up with all the requests. Someone posted the contact info a couple of posts up.

Happy cyber monday all. (though there's nothing out there lol)
Sep 10, 2018
10 posts
schlouf wrote: This deal is offered by Future Gen Communications, an authorised Telus rep: https://stores.telus.com/en/telus-futur ... ons-surrey.

Just call them at 604-596-9685, they will set you up. They need your name, email, address, employer (if eligible for EPP) and 2 pieces of ID. The whole thing took 10 mins for me.
I called them, it looks like they only assist new customers. They're nice to recommend me to the loyalty department
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
1880 posts
1359 upvotes
Surrey
schlouf wrote: This deal is offered by Future Gen Communications, an authorised Telus rep: https://stores.telus.com/en/telus-futur ... ons-surrey.

I just called them. New customer Internet 1000- $85/mo (if you have cell with telus or Koodo, otherwise it's $95/month). Home phone $20/month, no discounts. $400 bill credit. I didn't pull the trigger. I have no EPP so no discount there either