Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2020

[Telus] Telus EPP 1 Gigabit Home internet (BC & Alberta) - $ 58.25 plus taxes (Non-EPP $68.25)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2021 12:51 pm
Feb 13, 2011
859 posts
214 upvotes
Vancouver
MilkyWind wrote: I noticed that if you have Telus mobility, you can get an extra $10 off for 24 months. Can we just pay $10 and signup for a telus prepaid account. That means your paying $10 to get $230 back over 2 years?
I’m wondering the same thing
Aug 1, 2011
85 posts
65 upvotes
Canada
schlouf wrote: This deal is offered by Future Gen Communications, an authorised Telus rep: https://stores.telus.com/en/telus-futur ... ons-surrey.

Just call them at 604-596-9685, they will set you up. They need your name, email, address, employer (if eligible for EPP) and 2 pieces of ID. The whole thing took 10 mins for me.
Thanks for this. Anyone give this a try in AB?
Sep 13, 2018
8 posts
2 upvotes
Socius wrote: Whoops. Posted a comment in the wrong thread. Here's the correct info:

I was with Telus already. Had Gigabit fiber. Contract was expiring. Called in and told the guy I love Telus and don't want to have to go look at Shaw, so I'm hoping he'd help me out. He said he can keep my Gigabit internet as well as my Pik TV package, but for $5 more than before. So it'd be $85/month. No additional bill credits. I accepted. I then saw the retail price of the 1.5Gbit internet plan is just $5 more than the 1Gbit plan. So I called in and asked if I could upgrade to that for the difference in price. Rep initially said she doesn't think it can be done, but contacted Loyalty for me and they agreed to talk to me about it. They ended up doing the 1.5Gbit plan, along with my Pik TV, and kept the $85 price. And they're coming out to replace my router with their new model in a couple days, and I was told they'd replace the old wifi extender unit they had left at my house with the new model as well if I called them and asked for it after the technician finished up at my place.

I don't think it's a bad price. Lowest I ever had with them was I think $58 for Gigabit about 3 years ago. But $85 for 1.5 Gigabit and Pik TV, and a router upgrade, and I'm happy. Especially after negotiating my parent's package with Shaw and seeing how absolutely terrible both their prices and their customer service is.
This is what I don't understand. How is it when I talk to Loyalty, they make it sound like me paying $70 for Internet 300 is an incredible deal? They keep telling me that's the best that's available for my account. I hear from others that Shaw's connection/service are both terrible, but I'm so done with Telus.
Jun 4, 2012
787 posts
474 upvotes
BC
ffonly wrote: I just called them. New customer Internet 1000- $85/mo (if you have cell with telus or Koodo, otherwise it's $95/month). Home phone $20/month, no discounts. $400 bill credit. I didn't pull the trigger. I have no EPP so no discount there either
seems ok for giga speed internet... anyone call them for lower speed and pricing?
Nov 29, 2020
8 posts
4 upvotes
JasmineO60586 wrote: This is what I don't understand. How is it when I talk to Loyalty, they make it sound like me paying $70 for Internet 300 is an incredible deal? They keep telling me that's the best that's available for my account. I hear from others that Shaw's connection/service are both terrible, but I'm so done with Telus.
I've found being nice and non-confrontational works the best with them. For example I gently hinted at the fact that my parents just got an offer from Shaw, but that I really like Telus and I've been very happy with my service so I don't even want to approach shaw or anyone else, but with COVID around I'm having a hard time paying bills as is and I really don't want to have to shop around or have to look at lowering my speeds because being stuck at home, the internet is all I have left. Literally how the call went for me. I think first thing I said was like "Hey...I'm really hoping you can help me out man...I'm in a tough spot and I know my term is coming up and my prices are going up and I don't know what to do because I really just can't afford it right now..."

Shaw is absolute trash though. Not only are they incredibly rude, they have a lot more downtime and outages than Telus. I don't think I've had a single outage with Telus Pure Fiber in the 4 years I've had it, yet I've spent over 20 hours on the phone with Shaw for issues that sometimes didn't even get resolved - because the rep said their manager was aware of the issue, but that it wasn't widespread enough for them to initiate a call out for it. The issue? Random 7-20% packet loss for hours several times a week.

With regard to competition....Shaw rep literally told me they're not competing with Telus on price anymore....and had the audacity to tell me their "Fiber+" service is actually better than Telus's actual real fiber to the home. Another of their reps, when I stated it didn't make sense that they wouldn't even try to compete against Telus's in-market advertised prices from their website....told me that it makes perfect sense because their stock price has gone up.

I don't recommend shaw to anyone. At all. I think their current policy is that for anyone who doesn't have access to Telus Fiber, they have no alternatives anyway, so milk them whatever you can now and deal with it later on when Telus expands there.
Nov 26, 2020
4 posts
1 upvote
For those in B.C. go to 105-6338 Fraser Street and speak to Sid. He's great and knows the deal. It's a hole in the wall mobile shop.

Giga fibre internet 99$-10$epp-10$mobile=75$ month
Plus you get a 400$ credit.
Aug 10, 2003
380 posts
99 upvotes
The contact rep from this thread gave me a call, however, my building doesn't have fibre and was going to call me back to check other deals for copper. Never got a call back.

So I call Telus and they offered me two packages:

$117
50Mbps, unlimited
Optik Essentials, 1 prem theme and 1 regular theme

or
$111
50Mbps, unlimited
Optik on demand package (includes crave on demand and some other junk, coudn't remmeber it all)

is this a good deal? seems crap to me. Considering it's only 50Mbps and I was paying about $95 for 50Mbps unlimited, essentials and two themes
Mar 1, 2005
102 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
K2` wrote: So I call Telus and they offered me two packages:
What number did you call? I called 1-888-811-2323 this morning and got a call back after 40 minutes, then was transferred to the fibre customer service team and put on hold for 2+ hours. When I finally got a customer service rep, the call was dropped after 5 seconds! I just tried again and have been waiting for a callback for an hours already.

I will try to call the Future Gen Communications number posted now. BTW, I passed my info to achohan91 a few days ago, he replied that he has forwarded my info, but I never got any call.
Aug 10, 2003
380 posts
99 upvotes
same number - said my wait time was 30 mins, got a call back from retention about 30-40 mins
Nov 23, 2014
415 posts
363 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
K2` wrote: The contact rep from this thread gave me a call, however, my building doesn't have fibre and was going to call me back to check other deals for copper. Never got a call back.

So I call Telus and they offered me two packages:

$117
50Mbps, unlimited
Optik Essentials, 1 prem theme and 1 regular theme

or
$111
50Mbps, unlimited
Optik on demand package (includes crave on demand and some other junk, coudn't remmeber it all)

is this a good deal? seems crap to me. Considering it's only 50Mbps and I was paying about $95 for 50Mbps unlimited, essentials and two themes
Crap deal. You may as well go with TechSavvy
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
1856 posts
1341 upvotes
Surrey
muffin4life wrote: seems ok for giga speed internet... anyone call them for lower speed and pricing?
ffonly wrote: I just called them. New customer Internet 1000- $85/mo (if you have cell with telus or Koodo, otherwise it's $95/month). Home phone $20/month, no discounts. $400 bill credit. I didn't pull the trigger. I have no EPP so no discount there either
Well my Shaw contract isn't up till end of January so I think I'll take my chances with Boxing Day
Nov 29, 2005
620 posts
1147 upvotes
Surrey
Thanks for everyone's information. I'm a new Telus customer after tired of Shaw's crappy retention deal to keep me and bad internet connection. Shaw offered Internet 300 for $69/month @ 2 years + $10/month equipment rental that I couldn't get waived even though it's with their old Hiltron device and not BlueCurve.

So I just got off Telus line that was not the same phone # as their EPP page on their website. Ph#855-595-5588 for EPP home services and/or mobility.

I got the following:
1. $10/month off EPP
2. $50 bill credit Cyber Monday promo
3. $50 bill credit for scheduling my appointment during weekday
4. $200 bill credit for transferring my Shaw internet to Telus (they did the work to cancel so I don't have to call Shaw)

So it works out to around $76.50/month (Calculations: $99 - $10 EPP = $89 – $12.50 ($300 bill credit/24 months))

The rep said if I transfered my cell phone over then I would have got another $10/month mobility EPP discount and another bill credit (I can't remember if it was $50 or $200 as I wasn't going to port my Rogers corporate plan).

I feel I got a pretty good deal considering my current service with Shaw but if anyone feels I could get something better then let me know. Thanks again.
Dec 7, 2004
966 posts
59 upvotes
CoconutPie wrote: Thanks for this. Anyone give this a try in AB?
Yes. I'm in YEG. Install set for Dec 7
Nov 24, 2020
3 posts
i just got offered

$99 for giga speed

1. $10 off for epp
2. $10 off for mobility
3. $50 black friday promo
4. $50 appointment on weekday
5. $50 to transfer from shaw to telus

for a total of $73/month after all the credits
Jun 4, 2012
787 posts
474 upvotes
BC
actionj wrote: Thanks for everyone's information. I'm a new Telus customer after tired of Shaw's crappy retention deal to keep me and bad internet connection. Shaw offered Internet 300 for $69/month @ 2 years + $10/month equipment rental that I couldn't get waived even though it's with their old Hiltron device and not BlueCurve.

So I just got off Telus line that was not the same phone # as their EPP page on their website. Ph#855-595-5588 for EPP home services and/or mobility.

I got the following:
1. $10/month off EPP
2. $50 bill credit Cyber Monday promo
3. $50 bill credit for scheduling my appointment during weekday
4. $200 bill credit for transferring my Shaw internet to Telus (they did the work to cancel so I don't have to call Shaw)

So it works out to around $76.50/month (Calculations: $99 - $10 EPP = $89 – $12.50 ($300 bill credit/24 months))

The rep said if I transfered my cell phone over then I would have got another $10/month mobility EPP discount and another bill credit (I can't remember if it was $50 or $200 as I wasn't going to port my Rogers corporate plan).

I feel I got a pretty good deal considering my current service with Shaw but if anyone feels I could get something better then let me know. Thanks again.
i would followup with Shaw to ensure ur services were cancelled properly. had a bad experience with this competitor cancelling another competitor situation
Jun 4, 2012
787 posts
474 upvotes
BC
ffonly wrote: Well my Shaw contract isn't up till end of January so I think I'll take my chances with Boxing Day
my contract with Shaw expires mid Feb but wanted to know what is out there so i can plan for the switch to whomever...
Oct 12, 2005
285 posts
57 upvotes
Edmonton
I managed to get two discounts:
(1) Gigabit internet - $75/m (for myself)
(2) Gigabit internet, home phone lite, 300 min LD - $95/m (for family member)

I phoned the Telus Loyalty number

Very happy with the deal. Super pleasant female CSR. Key is to be courteous, non-confrontational, patient.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
1856 posts
1341 upvotes
Surrey
muffin4life wrote: my contract with Shaw expires mid Feb but wanted to know what is out there so i can plan for the switch to whomever...
Ya I was doing the same. If I could have got another $10-mo off I prob would have pulled the trigger. The true RFDer in me just couldn’t do it ...Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes
Nov 24, 2020
3 posts
Legendealer wrote: For those in B.C. go to 105-6338 Fraser Street and speak to Sid. He's great and knows the deal. It's a hole in the wall mobile shop.

Giga fibre internet 99$-10$epp-10$mobile=75$ month
Plus you get a 400$ credit.

cancelled my earlier plan with Telus and went to Sid got the same deal as above. Awesome guy very helpful