• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2022 8:18 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1162 posts
1156 upvotes
Kingston
danascully wrote: Ok so the $50 telus connection fee is waiver but there's a $40 smart cell connection fee?

Anyone else getting this? Seems like a scam?
Not a scam, when you go through smartcell to set up a new plan they are transparent in charging the $40 admin fee and it also covers your sim. It's essentially their service fee for setting things up for you. The $50 is a Telus connection fee that has been waived.
Jul 4, 2019
11 posts
2 upvotes
Alberta
I’ve only gotten an email stating that they sent my order for processing. How do I know if its been verified and how long do you normally wait for confirmation emails with shipping etc. Now it has only been since the 30th, so I’m just assuming its backed up. Wondering how long its been for others.
Nov 22, 2017
85 posts
15 upvotes
Surrey
What if you leave your workplace and no longer have that work email? Will they change your plan? My current employer is eligible but I'm going to be leaving soon.
Aug 22, 2013
327 posts
96 upvotes
Edmonton
moonj86 wrote: Got my first bill, did telus charge you guys from the order date? If I didn't get the sim card how can they charge me for the service?
Try to dispute the charge. I haven't received my sim in 3 weeks either. Waiting for my first bill to see if they'll retro charge my account as well.
Aug 22, 2013
327 posts
96 upvotes
Edmonton
Mach97 wrote: I’ve only gotten an email stating that they sent my order for processing. How do I know if its been verified and how long do you normally wait for confirmation emails with shipping etc. Now it has only been since the 30th, so I’m just assuming its backed up. Wondering how long its been for others.
After confirmation of order was completed I received an email 2 days later stating that my sim was shipped along with a tracking number, but I have yet to receive it (3 weeks now).
Aug 22, 2013
327 posts
96 upvotes
Edmonton
Randyb13 wrote: What if you leave your workplace and no longer have that work email? Will they change your plan? My current employer is eligible but I'm going to be leaving soon.
Unless you make changes your EPP plan it should not be effected if or when you leave.
Nov 24, 2016
494 posts
154 upvotes
Calgary
brainfreze wrote: Try to dispute the charge. I haven't received my sim in 3 weeks either. Waiting for my first bill to see if they'll retro charge my account as well.
Yes did an online chat earlier and they removed that, I guess system will auto apply these charges even before you port in as there is a temp number on your sim.
Contact telus to change it when you see your bill.
May 17, 2015
4 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
So I was just informed that being a telus customer (even non-EPP moving to EPP), I'm not eligible for this plan. So after ordering and waiting for weeks for them to send out the sim cards (and btw, you'll get charged on the day you order NOT for when you activate the sim -- you can have this reversed as far as I know but YMMV), I was told that I can't use the promo, had to use a regular EPP plan and there's the $45 charge to port over my sim. Not the best experience so I just cancelled my plan. Going to wait until Black Friday to update my plan, fingers crossed some better deals come along the way!
Dec 22, 2007
625 posts
589 upvotes
GTA
dotmiko wrote: Going to wait until Black Friday to update my plan, fingers crossed some better deals come along the way!
That's going be one heck of a long wait until the next Black Friday sale! LOL!
Probably meant Boxing Day?
Dec 28, 2020
237 posts
170 upvotes
I remember i jumped on the Telus epp deal 2 years ago. Got the Samsung S10 plus for $13+ X 24months.
My term is over and i just called to see what offers they have to start a new 2yr term with a new phone. The prices are much higher this time around lol. The S20, S21, Note20 and Iphone 13 and ranging from $36-$50 a month now.

I got lucky with my S10plus 2 years ago.
May 17, 2015
4 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
Haha, yes. Boxing Day is what I meant. Thank you!
Jun 24, 2009
156 posts
176 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I just got my Telus EPP SIM in the mail today (ordered Black Friday Nov 29), came (Mon Dec 6). [Compared to my brother who ordered Rogers Corp plan on Thur and came Sunday... very quick]. Telus also messed up my Address. I checked my initial order, and I had everything right. But on the letter mail, they took out the Apt #... The letter just got placed in the open near the mailboxes in my apartment building. Lucky I've been checking it regularly, and got it.

Letter came from Calgary, AB... arrived to Vancouver, BC. I did read one guy ordered it Sat (day after me), and got it last Wed, in Toronto... So I guess some Canada post mail goes quicker, even though Vancouver is a lot closer to Alberta. Maybe cuz of the floods.

I added the plan to MyTelus just fine, and ported my number from Koodo instantly over (no SMS required) (before initializing the SIM). No issues. Then I put the new SIM in, and everything is working fine.

I called the EPP support line, asked if VVM was included, they say only VM25. I said my previous provider gave it to me for free, and it was all set up on my phone... is there any promo's or anything Telus has to offer this to me for free? She said no promo's now, but she can do it for $5. I declined. She said call back again later, cuz new promos are added all the time.
Mobile: [Telus EPP $50 (20GB,UnlCanCall,UnlCanText)], [Rogers Corp+VoIP.ms $0+$0.85 (8GB,USRoam,PPUCanCall,PPUCanText)], [Freedom $16.17 (12Month 5GB HOME-416MB,UnlCanCall,UnlIntText)]
Internet: [Can-Com $85 (750/100-UnlData)]
Jun 14, 2020
67 posts
174 upvotes
dotmiko wrote: So I was just informed that being a telus customer (even non-EPP moving to EPP), I'm not eligible for this plan. So after ordering and waiting for weeks for them to send out the sim cards (and btw, you'll get charged on the day you order NOT for when you activate the sim -- you can have this reversed as far as I know but YMMV), I was told that I can't use the promo, had to use a regular EPP plan and there's the $45 charge to port over my sim. Not the best experience so I just cancelled my plan. Going to wait until Black Friday to update my plan, fingers crossed some better deals come along the way!
Try calling back and speaking to a different rep. I was able to switch from a Telus mobility account to my EPP account with the $50/20gb deal without any issues. YMMV but it is possible for them to give you the deal. Not sure if I was charged the $45 port fee yet but she didn't say anything about the charge over the phone.
Jun 12, 2009
915 posts
336 upvotes
Can you roam/call in USA for a daily fee?
I have Rogers and it allows me to roam for $10/day...
Aug 17, 2007
315 posts
329 upvotes
FastFret wrote: Can you roam/call in USA for a daily fee?
I have Rogers and it allows me to roam for $10/day...
Yes, you can. I believe it's $9/day in the US.
Dec 22, 2007
625 posts
589 upvotes
GTA
dpvu wrote: Yes, you can. I believe it's $9/day in the US.
Also, $13/day for International
Nov 20, 2017
921 posts
695 upvotes
Rogers EPP offered additional cost of 15$/month for unlimited US long distance calling/texting. And then 7 dollars for something else... not sure if it was unlimited roaming?

No international add ons. All the plans seem to be the same as what Telus is offering
Jun 28, 2008
130 posts
50 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta
Moneyhunt wrote: I remember i jumped on the Telus epp deal 2 years ago. Got the Samsung S10 plus for $13+ X 24months.
My term is over and i just called to see what offers they have to start a new 2yr term with a new phone. The prices are much higher this time around lol. The S20, S21, Note20 and Iphone 13 and ranging from $36-$50 a month now.

I got lucky with my S10plus 2 years ago.
True, I don't think we'll ever get to see those promotions again. I got the Samsung Note 10+ for a total price of $900/24 months when it first came out! It's still a steal considering most flagship phones are practically $2000.

I changed my plan down from the 20GB/$68/month to the 15GB/$56/month since I'm not eligible for this 20gb promo :(
However, the rep gave me a add-on unbeknownst to me, and I saw on my account "EPP Promo $0 10GB Data Add-on (exp. Nov 21 2023)"; and confirmed with another agent that I do indeed have 25gb till 2023... so I'm pretty happy with that I suppose.
Sep 21, 2019
18 posts
8 upvotes
Telus has offered us the $50 for 30Gig 5G shareable data with a $200 credit per line. We were going to switch two lines from Rogers but I just found out that Telus does not have wifi calling outside Canada. We go to the US a fair bit and where we stay the cell coverage is weak. We rely on WiFi calling and have used it all over the world. Since they don’t have it, it’s a deal breaker for us. I know there are Apps that work but not everyone we call has them. We have used wifi calling so much that I can’t believe Telus does not allow it outside Canada.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
6352 posts
5406 upvotes
AlphaBeta76 wrote: Telus has offered us the $50 for 30Gig 5G shareable data with a $200 credit per line. We were going to switch two lines from Rogers but I just found out that Telus does not have wifi calling outside Canada. We go to the US a fair bit and where we stay the cell coverage is weak. We rely on WiFi calling and have used it all over the world. Since they don’t have it, it’s a deal breaker for us. I know there are Apps that work but not everyone we call has them. We have used wifi calling so much that I can’t believe Telus does not allow it outside Canada.
you can turn off roaming and use a vpn , people have said no issues with wifi calling abroad by using a vpn

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)