• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2022 8:18 pm
Feb 16, 2016
688 posts
475 upvotes
o0vL wrote: Will it actually show the names when calling? From what I understand, the change subscriber name is more for the account holder to distinguish between the different lines
That is correct. It won't show the subscriber name when calling.
TELUS【 Mobility 】Unlimited 25GB | $30 | Unlimited US Calls & International Text, Visual Voicemail, for $0
◾Apple Watch
& Tablet access to data for $0
Bell【 Internet 】Gigabit Fibe 3Gbps | $99.95
Dec 22, 2007
625 posts
589 upvotes
GTA
illicit wrote: That is correct. It won't show the subscriber name when calling.
Just want to add ... if you DO want to turn on the subscriber's name on outgoing calls, you can do this:
- From overview screen, select "Manage Add-ons & Services"
- Select "Other optional add-ons"
- Select "Outbound Calling Name Display"
- Select "Continue to review" and complete the addition of this add-on to your plan.

It's no charge.
Feb 16, 2016
688 posts
475 upvotes
vn33 wrote: Just want to add ... if you DO want to turn on the subscriber's name on outgoing calls, you can do this:
- From overview screen, select "Manage Add-ons & Services"
- Select "Other optional add-ons"
- Select "Outbound Calling Name Display"
- Select "Continue to review" and complete the addition of this add-on to your plan.

It's no charge.
Outbound Calling Name Display shows the account owner's name, not the subscriber name.

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/Out ... a-p/119936
TELUS【 Mobility 】Unlimited 25GB | $30 | Unlimited US Calls & International Text, Visual Voicemail, for $0
◾Apple Watch
& Tablet access to data for $0
Bell【 Internet 】Gigabit Fibe 3Gbps | $99.95
Aug 30, 2007
760 posts
1455 upvotes
Calgary
illicit wrote: Outbound Calling Name Display shows the account owner's name, not the subscriber name.

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/Out ... a-p/119936
Rather unbelievable that TELUS hasn't chosen to fix this. They want us to bring more numbers into our account, incenting exactly this by providing family discounts for increased # of lines, then only one name can be applied to the outbound calling name display? Seriously, TELUS, get this fixed!
May 12, 2004
810 posts
120 upvotes
Well after waiting for my EPP company to get this deal for me even as an existing customer and willing to pay a $50 fee to switch to this account they were not able to do it. I waited for a few weeks to see what they would do. Customers with existing accounts with no contract on a BYOD can’t seemingly take advantage of a better deal. SO today Telus looses 4 lines to their competition all because of their nonsense new activation only policy.

One day these guys will learn their lesson, I have seen the AT&T commercials that treat everyone the same new or old customers, TELUS has lost me now for at least a few years or more.
May 10, 2010
764 posts
1123 upvotes
Kenora
Just got my number set up. I signed up for 2 lines last week, SIM cards arrived Friday.

I ported both numbers from Koodo which was simple.

I got the first bill today (billing cycle is from 26-25th) and there were partial charges on there from December 22-25 (the day the shipped the SIM cards). I hadn't started using the service until the 26th (So new billing cycle), So I had a charge of $13.34+tax for the last few days of my billing cycle

I thought EPP customer support was supposed to be better. Holy hell it was bad. It took 45 minutes on the phone with someone who had to "verify" everything, was going through each line on my bill and saying what the charges were, and then had to keep verifying things. All this work for just a $15 credit adjustment. They eventually got it done, but not until they got someone else to authorize the credit.

I hope I don't have to deal with their support again for billing issues. They clearly outsource their business support too.

overall 2/10 would not want to deal with EPP support again
Aug 7, 2015
176 posts
119 upvotes
Calgary, AB
poopdedoop wrote: overall 2/10 would not want to deal with EPP support again
This. I switched back to Public Mobile because I don't need all the data from the EPP plan, and since the Telus EPP customer service sucks anyways, might as well stick to Public where they're at least explicit in telling you there's no one to call for service. They pulled the same crap on me (started charging me even before my SIM card arrived) and when I asked them to cancel immediately, they still post dated the cancellation for the end of the billing period. I can hardly be bothered to spend 2 hours on the phone just to get it straightened out. No more Telus for me.
Dec 11, 2003
246 posts
36 upvotes
Anyone able to upgrade their phone while keeping the $50/20gb plan? I want to upgrade to iphone 13 but the EPP only has the $56/15gb plan available
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2227 posts
509 upvotes
Vancouver Island
padfoot wrote: Anyone able to upgrade their phone while keeping the $50/20gb plan? I want to upgrade to iphone 13 but the EPP only has the $56/15gb plan available
It might depend on your company but I was told by our EPP rep that we cannot get any phone subsidy with the BYOD plan ($50/20gb) and that we’d have to change to the regular non-BYOD EPP plan to get a phone (the least expensive being the $56/15gb).
Aug 30, 2007
760 posts
1455 upvotes
Calgary
Rob76 wrote: It might depend on your company but I was told by our EPP rep that we cannot get any phone subsidy with the BYOD plan ($50/20gb) and that we’d have to change to the regular non-BYOD EPP plan to get a phone (the least expensive being the $56/15gb).
Sounds like TELUS EPP is pushing another customer out the door. I went to a TELUS consumer account and don't regret the switch for a minute!
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2227 posts
509 upvotes
Vancouver Island
RockyMtns27 wrote: Sounds like TELUS EPP is pushing another customer out the door. I went to a TELUS consumer account and don't regret the switch for a minute!
Yeah I’m not happy about it, at least when I was with Fido I still had access to discounted phones while on their BYOD plan. Too bad Fido’s coverage in my area stinks compared to Telus, otherwise I wouldn’t have left.

Is there a Telus $50/20gb consumer plan?
Aug 30, 2007
760 posts
1455 upvotes
Calgary
Rob76 wrote: Yeah I’m not happy about it, at least when I was with Fido I still had access to discounted phones while on their BYOD plan. Too bad Fido’s coverage in my area stinks compared to Telus, otherwise I wouldn’t have left.

Is there a Telus $50/20gb consumer plan?
You could say that - telus-telus-25-gb-peace-mind-winback-45-ymmv-2459237
Oct 5, 2021
19 posts
2 upvotes
I just signed for the $45/12GB plan, I'm leaving the Fido $45/25GB winback plan for Telus 5G and also because Fido did not wanted to honour their Visual Voicemail value pack for $2 instead of $7, like they promised me in written. They said, we don't know why you deserve the Visual Voicemail value pack $5 discount on your plan, even if it was written into our signup email. I answered them, no problem, you don't deserve my money also. I'm leaving today. I don't care about the extra data, I use max 10GB every month. I care about speed, on my iPhone 12 Pro, when I use the phone as hotspot for work.

I'm curious to know how some people got the $5 Visual Voicemail with Telus for free. This is the plan they have in Quebec:

Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 11.49.15 PM.png
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2958 posts
408 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know where you can get a Public Mobile sim card to port out and back in to get this $50/20 deal?

EPP escalations been pretty strict on the "new activations" thing and I've given up with them so looking to just port out and back in as a last resort.
Aug 7, 2015
176 posts
119 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Has anyone had experience with Telus canceling their EPP order when trying to add a new line and a new device (Pixel 6 Pro)?

Do you have to just port out your entire account, close it and then restart as a new customer in order to activate a new device w/o paying $50 connection fee?

Do they do a new credit check in that case?
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2513 posts
2402 upvotes
Toronto
Ticco wrote: Thx - should've clarified in person b/c I"ll need it today.

I'm hearing of deals for 15GB/$40 at koodo kiosks though so I'm entirely thinking of just leaving EPP
most of walmarts have them, and koodo kiosks normally carry PM SIM cards as well afaik.

I think the current deal at koodo (and virgin and fido) might be close to $35/12GB, not sure if they have 15 for $40;