Expired Hot Deals

Telus Black Friday

Telus EPP (Part 2) 20 GB CAN-US $65/month etc.

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2022 8:41 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
2407 posts
1150 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario

[Telus] [Black Friday] Telus EPP (Part 2) 20 GB CAN-US $65/month etc.

More EPP plans were announced for black Friday. Here are the EPP plans I see listed:

More plans available:

BYOD

$56.00 - EPP Unlimited 15GB (reg.$80)
$25.00 - EPP Talk Text (Limited time only)
$50.00 - Promo BYOD Unlimited 15GB+5GB
$70.00 - EPP Unlimited 30GB CAN-US
$65.00 - EPP Unlimited 20GB CAN-US
$75.00 - EPP Unlimited 40GB (reg.$95)

Android & IPHONE:

$64.00 - EPP Unlimited 25GB (reg.$80)
$56.00 - EPP Unlimited 15GB (Promo)
$60.00 - EPP Unlimited 20GB (Promo)

I was waiting for the EPP Ulimited 20GB CAN-US to drop from $84/month. So I just submitted the order to port from Freedom Mobile. I was paying $60/month with Freedom. So this is slightly more. But Freedom works very poorly when I travel North, and only a small amount of my data was available in the US.

Last time I drove from Sault STE. Marie to Kalamazoo, Michigan I used my full month of roaming just in the drive.

With the CAN-US plan I received the following text after crossing the border into the US:
Welcome to USA. You have a Canada-US plan, which allows you to use all the minutes, text and data included in your current rate plan in the US for no extra fee. Calls to phone numbers outside of Canada and the US are not included. For help, dial *611 or +18665582273. Free TELUS msg.
Apex Wireless
Cart 0 | Plans | Logout
Plans
Please click the rate plan titles to see complete details.

Select Your Device Type

Bring Your Own Device
open all | close all

For: Bring Your Own Device
Unlimited Data Plan 15GB
15GB sharable data
Unlimited Nationwide Calling
Unlimited Nationwide Texting/Picture & Video Messaging
Call Display, Call Waiting, Conference Calling
Voicemail 25
After 15GB data, throttle to 512kbps
Optional Features:
iPhone Visual Voicemail - $5/month
Voicemail to Text - $2/month

Note: All TELUS Rate plans and promotions are subject to change.

EPP Talk & Text $25
Unlimited nationwide talk & text
Caller ID, Call Waiting
Voicemail
Optional feature:
$15/month add-on with 150MB is available

Eligible for BYOD New Activation Only

** For New Activations ONLY **
For a limited-time only: Bring Your Own Device

Unlimited Data Plan 20GB
20GB of non-sharable data
Voicemail 25
After 20GB data, throttle to 512kbps

Optional Features:
Voicemail to Text - $5/month

Unlimited Data Plan 30GB
CAN-US 30GB data
Unlimited CAN-US Calling
Unlimited CAN-US Texting/Picture & Video Messaging
Voicemail 25
After 30GB data, throttle to 512kbps
Optional Features:

Unlimited Data Plan 20GB
CAN-US 20GB data
Unlimited CAN-US Calling
Unlimited CAN-US Texting/Picture & Video Messaging
Voicemail 25
After 20GB data, throttle to 512kbps
Optional Features:

Unlimited Data Plan 40GB
40GB of non-sharable data
Voicemail 25
After 40GB data, throttle to 512kbps
Optional Features:

Any Questions?

Apex Support
click here to email us
1-877-342-0201

© 2021 Apex Wireless Inc.

Sitemap | Logged in as corp30 | Back to top
Last edited by docbill10 on Nov 30th, 2021 7:19 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Thread Summary
Can-US plan means you can use your data, calling, and texting while you are in the US without additional charges or fees. You can use your phone like normal.

YMMV: You may be able to call-in and have the 20gb Can-US Unlimited plan for 65$ changed to 25gb Can-US Unlimited for the same price (i.e., 65$). The 25 gb plan is not showing up in the EPP portal. Call 1-844-888-4440, and use extension 1 to speak to a rep and ask for a change. Take this opportunity to also ask if visual voicemail can be added for no-cost (extreme YMMV).
469 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
5551 posts
2073 upvotes
Vancouver
For BYOD, it doesn't seem better or much better than BF sales now like Virgin's BF sale.
Nov 28, 2013
32 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver
Speedy1 wrote: For BYOD, it doesn't seem better or much better than BF sales now like Virgin's BF sale.
does virgin provide unlimited data?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2018
1154 posts
1688 upvotes
Hamilton
Speedy1 wrote: For BYOD, it doesn't seem better or much better than BF sales now like Virgin's BF sale.
Virgin's voicemail is pretty limited (I get a lot from my work's scheduler, unfortunately), still no 5G, and you are charged for data over 10GB instead of throttling like Telus. The real plus for the non-EPP plans will be the phone tab offers this week.
Last edited by ownthesky on Nov 17th, 2021 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 28, 2013
32 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver
docbill10 wrote: More EPP plans were announced for black Friday. Here are the EPP plans I see listed:

More plans available:

BYOD

Android & IPHONE:

$64.00 - EPP Unlimited 25GB (reg.$80)
$56.00 - EPP Unlimited 15GB (Promo)
$60.00 - EPP Unlimited 20GB (Promo)

I was waiting for the EPP Ulimited 20GB CAN-US to drop from $84/month. So I just submitted the order to port from Freedom Mobile. I was paying $60/month with Freedom. So this is slightly more. But Freedom works very poorly when I travel North, and only a small amount of my data was available in the US.

Last time I drove from Sault STE. Marie to Kalamazoo, Michigan I used my full month of roaming just in the drive.
The Iphone 12 is reduced by $200 too, so is this a good deal?
Apr 7, 2014
93 posts
85 upvotes
ON
BradyC882 wrote: The Iphone 12 is reduced by $200 too, so is this a good deal?
I’m wondering the same. Is the $64/month inclusive of a phone?
Nov 29, 2015
50 posts
114 upvotes
Tsuu T'Ina, AB
I have Telus EPP, where do I see these deals?
Mar 30, 2007
392 posts
494 upvotes
Weird. My company's TELUS EPP is $50 for 20GB, $60 for 30GB.
Prolly same as your $50 BYOD promo but it definitely doesnt show the 5GB as bonus.
Either way, your CAN-US plan definitely are attractive.

Nov 28, 2013
32 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver
juniorspank wrote: I’m wondering the same. Is the $64/month inclusive of a phone?
No
I can choose the iPhone 12 64GB, with $290 upfront fee, and $20 for 24 months
The cheapest plan I can choose is $56 for 15 Unlimited GB

So it comes to 76 a month. I thought it is pretty good.
Iphone 12 is 290 + 480 = 770 (which is 970-200)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
2407 posts
1150 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
Taylor77877 wrote: I have Telus EPP, where do I see these deals?
I use the link https://apexwireless.us20.list-manage.com/track/click?u=be3b4b97aa192d931835c0467&id=9a0700f22b&e=7678ab100e

But I suspect that only works if you login.

I suspect the email will arrive later tonight. I just happened to check the link before receiving the email.
Jan 21, 2007
700 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
Pretty crappy deal tbh, I have been with telus EPP for 6 years, it's time to switch out
Aug 22, 2019
264 posts
213 upvotes
Belleville, Ontario
I know these are still "overpriced" on the global scale, but it does look like we are very slowly headed in the right direction for plans. I jumped on the $50/20gb+ when it was released and am happy I don't have to worry about draining it with regular use. With travel a thing again, I do like the idea of the Canada-US plan but can't justify it just yet.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
2407 posts
1150 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
I didn't even know virgin mobile has Canada-US plans. I am fairly certain I don't qualify for their EPP plans. These are the non-EPP plans for virgin mobile:

https://www.virginplus.ca/en/plans/post ... P/research

There is nothing even close to comparable. Most carriers charge > $100/month for plan that includes unlimited US roaming. With Black Friday most are now in the $85 - $95 dollar range. Telus for example has it at $85, if and only if you have the $15 four line discount.

So an EPP plan at $65/month is a great deal. My Freedom Mobile grandfather plan was $60. But only 1GB of data for roaming before being throttled.

Telus has the best network in Canada. So even if Virgin Mobile has a plan at the same price, I would clgo for the Telus EPP plan first.

Now what suchs is the phone discounts. By the time you pay the EPP fees for the phones, you might as well look for one on Amazon instead.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
2407 posts
1150 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
DanC13127 wrote: I know these are still "overpriced" on the global scale, but it does look like we are very slowly headed in the right direction for plans. I jumped on the $50/20gb+ when it was released and am happy I don't have to worry about draining it with regular use. With travel a thing again, I do like the idea of the Canada-US plan but can't justify it just yet.
Well I asked my wife if she wanted me to switch her is the CAD-US. But she is happy with the price of mind. I pay the extra $5/month, because paying for incoming US texts is absurd. She gets spammed, and we pay a fortune. My son took a PC in for repair, and end-up paying per text message to check if it was ready, because the store owner used a US text service. You are really gambling if you don't at least get the add-on with the peace of mind plans.

I am willing to bet the same offers will be available on boxing day. So if you don't need it, no need to spend more.
Aug 22, 2019
264 posts
213 upvotes
Belleville, Ontario
docbill10 wrote: Well I asked my wife if she wanted me to switch her is the CAD-US. But she is happy with the price of mind. I pay the extra $5/month, because paying for incoming US texts is absurd. She gets spammed, and we pay a fortune. My son took a PC in for repair, and end-up paying per text message to check if it was ready, because the store owner used a US text service. You are really gambling if you don't at least get the add-on with the peace of mind plans.

I am willing to bet the same offers will be available on boxing day. So if you don't need it, no need to spend more.
Some good points. We do travel quite a bit, just got back from Dominican where we opted for no phones, just wifi, which worked fine at the resort. We could facetime the kids on the wifi. Next month we are going to FLA for 10 days, and might pick up some US cards to cover the time we are there.
Sep 16, 2011
839 posts
1364 upvotes
LONDON
Telus EPP is confusing to me.

Scenario:

If I get the $75 / 40Gigs unlimited plan + add another 4 talk and text lines for $25 each. This will cost me $175 and I can share the data?

Does that sound like a good choice or there are better options out there? I don't know if Telus offers discounts on multi lines. I talked to a Telus EPP rep last year and he was useless, couldn't explain anything
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
2407 posts
1150 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
BradyC882 wrote: The Iphone 12 is reduced by $200 too, so is this a good deal?
I was looking at the phones. The markdowns at first seem good. Like the Pixel 6 for $25.68/month. But if calculate that out it is $616. But then apex wireless charges a $56 service charge, Telus chargee a $50 activation charge. So that is $722. The list the phone as $900 retail, but it sells for $799. So in exchange for a $78 discount you risk having to pay up to $206 more than the phone is worth if you cancel early.

I am willing to bet I can find a pixel 6 cheaper without signing a 2 year contract.

I did not do the math on the iphone deals, but I bet you find the same is true for them.
Dec 3, 2016
89 posts
31 upvotes
Vancouver
In some ways, (depending on situation) if you want the iPhone and the cheapest plan, one can consider doing Apple’s monthly payment plans + BYOD.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1530 posts
333 upvotes
Toronto
I want an iphone 13 + with 2 year contract + NO bring back ... BUT it seems buying iPhone 13 from apple.ca + $50/20Gb Bell/Telus BYOD seems to be better deals (adding all the calculation).

What happened years ago .. when I was still able to get latest iPhone (Telus Epp) + 2 Years Contract (No Bring back) cheaper than buying a new Iphone + BYOD Plan!??

Does anyone know which Carry or BF deals I can still get a better deals from?

Many Thanks.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2009
1580 posts
3194 upvotes
Toronto :)
can anybody get these plans?
Deals never wait for people, only people wait for deals.
Buy now, think later.