Expired Hot Deals

Telus Black Friday

Telus EPP (Part 2) 20 GB CAN-US $65/month etc.

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2022 8:41 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1162 posts
1156 upvotes
Kingston
philharmonic wrote: Do they do multi line discounts at EPP or only consumer?
No multi line discounts on any EPP plans.
Aug 30, 2007
760 posts
1455 upvotes
Calgary
MaDgamEr wrote: No multi line discounts on any EPP plans.
Confirmed, I asked my EPP rep about this today, no soup.
Oct 25, 2011
31 posts
28 upvotes
WINDSOR
For anyone that ordered a device online from the EPP portal, have you received any feedback and/or updates yet? I ordered the iPhone 12 last Wednesday.

I was sent two separate emails: a receipt shortly after purchase and an update that Telus received my order the next day. Still can’t track it in the system though.
Mar 13, 2015
14 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
According to rep, the 20gb consumer deal includes visual voicemail Hushed Face

And for home services $10 discount for 24 months, I would need to call in after sim is activated.
Feb 7, 2008
547 posts
316 upvotes
St Catharines
noXpression wrote: For anyone that ordered a device online from the EPP portal, have you received any feedback and/or updates yet? I ordered the iPhone 12 last Wednesday.

I was sent two separate emails: a receipt shortly after purchase and an update that Telus received my order the next day. Still can’t track it in the system though.
Same, no updates or tracking/shipping info.

Interestingly, I just checked now because folks are mentioning cyber monday deals, and the iphone 12 has dropped to 4.17/month (vs., when I ordered at 5.83/mo). I was about to call-in but noticed that the BIB price went UP from 290 to 330 (so it evens out to 430 regardless, if you plan to purchase). Weird and irritating thing to do on their end to mess around with the prices like this every day, gah.

I noticed there's also a cyber monday bill 50$ bill credit being offered, so I just took a screenshot and plan to call in either tomorrow, or once I get my first bill. I didn't see this before for the BF deal but a lot of stuff seemed to be changing rapidly and I may have missed it and it might already be included.
Mobile: Telus Can-US EPP 25gb 65$ 2021 (thread)
TV: FTA Antenna (free OTA TV channels, thread)
Home Phone: Freephoneline VOIP + Obi VOIP adapter (free home phone, thread)
Internet: CarryTel (thread)
Oct 29, 2006
917 posts
632 upvotes
emojikon wrote: According to rep, the 20gb consumer deal includes visual voicemail Hushed Face

And for home services $10 discount for 24 months, I would need to call in after sim is activated.
According to the web chat, the 40GB CAN-US includes VVM, the 20GB plan gives you Visual Voicemail 25.
Aug 30, 2007
760 posts
1455 upvotes
Calgary
Took the whole household over to this plan, and I'm down to paying $35/line/mo for the unlimited 20GB CAN-US plan.
Oct 29, 2006
917 posts
632 upvotes
booruce wrote: This is for if you have Telus Home Services. By activating a new mobility line you get $15 off PER line by using that code. If you use the code without home services, your discount won't activate as its not automatic (they verify a corresponding home services account number). Not available on EPP.

For NON EPP/Consumer accounts: There is also an automatic $5 Black Friday discount (not stackable with home services discount), so with the Cyber Monday $75 deal you can get 20G Can/US with International Text + VVM for $70 a month after the Black Friday discount OR $60 a month if you have Telus home services. If you get 2 or more lines you can stack this with family discount, so if you plan on getting 2 or more lines it's cheaper to go with a NON EPP account ($62.50 per line for 2 lines, $60 per line for 3 lines, $55 per line for 4 lines -- subtract another $10 off if you have Telus Home Services).

Stacking all the discounts with 4 lines, it's possible to get $45/line for 20GB CAN-US which is very comparable to the Freedom Everywhere 50 plan from many years ago.
That $5 discount is for 24 months, just FYI. Still a great deal considering the $50 per line one time bill credit.
Dec 8, 2013
524 posts
284 upvotes
British Columbia
RockyMtns27 wrote: Took the whole household over to this plan, and I'm down to paying $35/line/mo for the unlimited 20GB CAN-US plan.
how did you get it down to $35? Where's the extra $10 coming from?
Aug 30, 2007
760 posts
1455 upvotes
Calgary
booruce wrote: how did you get it down to $35? Where's the extra $10 coming from?
TELUS is giving me $20 bundle discount for home services (Internet/TV & Home phone). Not sure if it’s one of those adders that is restricted to certain provinces or not.
Nov 27, 2013
158 posts
164 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
emojikon wrote: Does the cyber Monday deal include vvm? I only see voicemail 25 in the details
RockyMtns27 wrote:
I don't believe so, but you may be able to charm your way into it, from what others here have said.
emojikon wrote: According to rep, the 20gb consumer deal includes visual voicemail Hushed Face

Looks like the $75/20GB CAN/US plan had Visual Voicemail & International SMS/MMS listed, but was pulled from the site around 2pm ET. I ordered 2 additional lines with this plan BYOD. We'll see what happens when the order is processed. :twisted:
Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 12.00.17.png
Aug 30, 2007
760 posts
1455 upvotes
Calgary
rd-333 wrote: Looks like the $75/20GB CAN/US plan had Visual Voicemail & International SMS/MMS listed, but was pulled from the site around 2pm ET. I ordered 2 additional lines with this plan BYOD. We'll see what happens when the order is processed. :twisted:

Those sneaky buggers! Still, for the price they’re offering still a heck of a deal, imho!
Last edited by RockyMtns27 on Nov 29th, 2021 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 3, 2007
357 posts
42 upvotes
Thanks OP, got the 20GB US+CAN for $60/mo. Looks like it's only eligible for one year, is that just for teh $10/mo discount?
Jan 4, 2013
154 posts
116 upvotes
RICHMOND
Received a text about these plans since I subscribe to internet and pik tv. After waisting about 45 min was told the home services discount wouldn't apply since I don't have security services with telus smfh
Dec 8, 2013
524 posts
284 upvotes
British Columbia
rd-333 wrote: Looks like the $75/20GB CAN/US plan had Visual Voicemail & International SMS/MMS listed, but was pulled from the site around 2pm ET. I ordered 2 additional lines with this plan BYOD. We'll see what happens when the order is processed. :twisted:

Oh yeah what the heck, So sneaky, it 100% said visual voicemail and international text.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
2301 posts
1105 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
noXpression wrote: For anyone that ordered a device online from the EPP portal, have you received any feedback and/or updates yet? I ordered the iPhone 12 last Wednesday.

Some phones list expect a 3-4 week delay. It took 2 days to ship my S20FE. I expect the second one to ship by the end of the week.

A successful port of my phone number took 7 days after I activated my SIM. That is how long it took for my wife to tell me calls to me were still going to my Freedom Mobile phone number. I called 611 and the agent fixed it in one minute. That is of course after 40 minute hold and the a second 40 minute hold for an agent that spoke English.
Aug 30, 2007
760 posts
1455 upvotes
Calgary
rfdlurkerguy wrote: Received a text about these plans since I subscribe to internet and pik tv. After waisting about 45 min was told the home services discount wouldn't apply since I don't have security services with telus smfh
Wait, what? I don’t think that’s right…

I was told you’d get discount for any home services you bundle, nobody mentioned anything specific about security, or even internet, TV or home phone.
Jan 4, 2013
154 posts
116 upvotes
RICHMOND
RockyMtns27 wrote: Wait, what? I don’t think that’s right…

I was told you’d get discount for any home services you bundle, nobody mentioned anything specific about security, or even internet, TV or home phone.
Just got off the phone about 15 min ago. Kind of frustrated. Was trying to get visual voicemail since I had screenshot from the morning. Guy came back saying I needed security, just hung up
Images
  • Screenshot_20211129-091805_Chrome.jpg
Dec 8, 2013
524 posts
284 upvotes
British Columbia
RockyMtns27 wrote: Certainly appears that way...
TELUS_$75for20GB_US-CAN2.jpg
RockyMtns27 wrote: TELUS is giving me $20 bundle discount for home services (Internet/TV & Home phone). Not sure if it’s one of those adders that is restricted to certain provinces or not.
Do you have a SS of when the site showed the 20GB plan had VVM and International Text? I didn't think to take a screenshot since I didn't think it was a mistake and they'd silently remove it! I double checked my agreement and indeed there's no visual voicemail or International text, SMH.

And wow, nice that you got $20 bundle discount :O I wonder if it's cuz you have the triple bundle, homephone, internet and TV? I only have internet and Pik.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)