Expired Hot Deals

Telus Black Friday

Telus EPP (Part 2) 20 GB CAN-US $65/month etc.

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2022 8:41 pm
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 8, 2013
524 posts
284 upvotes
British Columbia
rfdlurkerguy wrote: Just got off the phone about 15 min ago. Kind of frustrated. Was trying to get visual voicemail since I had screenshot from the morning. Guy came back saying I needed security, just hung up
Nice, thanks for this screenshot!
Member
Dec 20, 2010
347 posts
442 upvotes
Ottawa
noXpression wrote: For anyone that ordered a device online from the EPP portal, have you received any feedback and/or updates yet? I ordered the iPhone 12 last Wednesday.

I was sent two separate emails: a receipt shortly after purchase and an update that Telus received my order the next day. Still can’t track it in the system though.
In my case I ordered Sunday and Monday and picked everything up the following Friday. It was ready on Thursday morning. Did you get a PDF to sign with your new contract? Once you have signed that the next step is for your dealer to ship the equipment. I'm guessing here but I bet your dealer is waiting for stock. My dealer is SmartCell and I purchased Samsung Galaxy S20 FE devices.
Jr. Member
Jan 4, 2013
154 posts
116 upvotes
RICHMOND
booruce wrote: Nice, thanks for this screenshot!
Np hope it works out for you. Contemplating calling back in, but paying 45 for 25 gb, no us roaming
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 8, 2013
524 posts
284 upvotes
British Columbia
rfdlurkerguy wrote: Np hope it works out for you. Contemplating calling back in, but paying 45 for 25 gb, no us roaming
Call back! You have a few hours left before it ends. You 100% do NOT need Security. You just need at least internet to qualify for the $15 home services discount.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 30, 2007
760 posts
1455 upvotes
Calgary
booruce wrote: Do you have a SS of when the site showed the 20GB plan had VVM and International Text? I didn't think to take a screenshot since I didn't think it was a mistake and they'd silently remove it! I double checked my agreement and indeed there's no visual voicemail or International text, SMH.

And wow, nice that you got $20 bundle discount :O I wonder if it's cuz you have the triple bundle, homephone, internet and TV? I only have internet and Pik.
My agreement doesn’t have VVM or intl SMS either. I don’t recall ever seeing them listed. I posted a SS earlier and they weren’t on there at that time. Maybe by then they realized how hot this plan was and decided to nerf it just a bit. Face With Tears Of Joy
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 30, 2007
760 posts
1455 upvotes
Calgary
booruce wrote: Call back! You have a few hours left before it ends. You 100% do NOT need Security. You just need at least internet to qualify for the $15 home services discount.
2A54AB5B-0AD4-4BFF-A86C-6A3C0CB9ED04.png
Jr. Member
Jan 4, 2013
154 posts
116 upvotes
RICHMOND
booruce wrote: Call back! You have a few hours left before it ends. You 100% do NOT need Security. You just need at least internet to qualify for the $15 home services discount.
Don't want to be sol, if the discount does not apply. Is your discount already showing?
Member
Nov 24, 2016
494 posts
154 upvotes
Calgary
so if you have home services actually consumer line is better deal? I called EPP several times and they said no credit can apply for EPP, basically what I saw is what I got. Wasted so much time.
I got one 50/20GB and one 65/20GB US-CAD plan
Jr. Member
Jan 4, 2013
154 posts
116 upvotes
RICHMOND
moonj86 wrote: so if you have home services actually consumer line is better deal? I called EPP several times and they said no credit can apply for EPP, basically what I saw is what I got. Wasted so much time.
I got one 50/20GB and one 65/20GB US-CAD plan
Home services and adding new lines. My plan was to add the new lines, port out my old number to prepaid, then port back in
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 30, 2007
760 posts
1455 upvotes
Calgary
I had the same experience today. Compared what my EPP was offering to the consumer plans with the home services and bundle discounts.

Consumer turned out to be a much better deal for me, kinda shocked, actually.
Member
Nov 24, 2016
494 posts
154 upvotes
Calgary
rfdlurkerguy wrote: Home services and adding new lines. My plan was to add the new lines, port out my old number to prepaid, then port back in
Might be too late for me, I already ported to EPP from Koodo this morning and I just found out this now, and I do have internet and security with telus
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 8, 2013
524 posts
284 upvotes
British Columbia
rfdlurkerguy wrote: Don't want to be sol, if the discount does not apply. Is your discount already showing?
No I ordered an iPhone 13 so have to wait 2 weeks for it to arrive. Account is not active yet, but every agent I've talked to including the reps at the Telus store says you just need Internet to qualify for the $15 home services discount per line.

I had my last agent confirm every credit with their escalation team to make sure there's proper notes on the order with all the discounts and I verified this by calling in after to make sure those notes are actually there. I've been burned before by other carriers (cough... Bell, Rogers) so now I go through the extra effort to make sure the credits promised are properly documented, especially when it's not written on the agreement.

It DOES take 2-3 billing cycles for the home services discount and port-in credit to appear, they told me it gets manually verified by different teams. So if you say you're going to port and they give you the credit, make sure you actually port once you receive the SIM card or phone.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 30, 2007
760 posts
1455 upvotes
Calgary
rfdlurkerguy wrote: Don't want to be sol, if the discount does not apply. Is your discount already showing?
None of my confirmation emails or even the agreement show the discounts, which gives me no small lack of comfort.

I have chat histories saved and had the analyst send me a separate email detailing each of the discounts, so I have it in writing if I need to go back to them. There’s no contract, so it’s high-reward, low-risk, imo.
Last edited by RockyMtns27 on Nov 30th, 2021 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jr. Member
Jan 4, 2013
154 posts
116 upvotes
RICHMOND
booruce wrote: No I ordered an iPhone 13 so have to wait 2 weeks for it to arrive. Account is not active yet, but every agent I've talked to including the reps at the Telus store says you just need Internet to qualify for the $15 home services discount per line.

I had my last agent confirm every credit with their escalation team to make sure there's proper notes on the order with all the discounts and I verified this by calling in after to make sure those notes are actually there. I've been burned before by other carriers (cough... Bell, Rogers) so now I go through the extra effort to make sure the credits promised are properly documented, especially when it's not written on the agreement.

It DOES take 2-3 billing cycles for the home services discount and port-in credit to appear, they told me it gets manually verified by different teams. So if you say you're going to port and they give you the credit, make sure you actually port once you receive the SIM card or phone.
Thanks, will give it another shot. Feel abit more comfortable that you had the discount verified by someone in this country
Newbie
Mar 13, 2015
14 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
RockyMtns27 wrote: TELUS is giving me $20 bundle discount for home services (Internet/TV & Home phone). Not sure if it’s one of those adders that is restricted to certain provinces or not.
Ah snap... I might have did my math wrong :( ... Were you an existing Telus TV + Internet + Phone user? Or did you order all 3 with the new mobile lines?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 30, 2007
760 posts
1455 upvotes
Calgary
emojikon wrote: Ah snap... I might have did my math wrong :( ... Were you an existing Telus TV + Internet + Phone user? Or did you order all 3 with the new mobile lines?
I’m an existing TELUS home services customer with 3 home services (Internet, Optik TV & home phone), and was porting in mobile lines from Freedom.
Newbie
Nov 29, 2021
1 posts
1 upvote
I just thought I'd chime in because this thread inspired and helped me get an even sweeter deal from Telus than what I originally had.
I've been with Telus for over 2 years on a month-to-month plan that includes the CAN-US option (it was a rather shitty CAN-US plan of 15gb data, unlimited talk/text, etc for $85/m).
I'm NOT ELIGIBLE for Employee Preferred Pricing (EPP). I'm self-employed.
I knew I definitely wanted a CAN-US plan (no US roaming) like I've had for the last 2 years because I call US numbers regularly and I travel to the US often.
I don't have any other services with Telus except for my cell phone plan.

The deal that caught my eye was the 'Unlimited 60 CAN-US' plan for $90/month
Cyber Monday sale
https://www.telus.com/en/bc/mobility/plans

I personally think this deal is better than the EPP plans because it has the following benefits that I don't think some of the EPP plans have:
SHAREABLE data for connected devices and among family members (vs. non-shareable data)
INCLUDED Visual Voicemail 25 (which is a $5/month add-on) vs. just 'Voicemail 25'
TELUS Family Discount eligibility so the plans become cheaper per person if you have your family members under the same account

I talked to a CSR (I called the EPP line @ 1-844-888-4440 and I was transferred over to the Loyalty Department.
I told them that if they're offering this plan to NEW CUSTOMERS, than as a loyal customer with a proven track-record over the last 2+ years, I should get a even better deal than what's currently being offered to new customers.

Here's what I ended up getting for $90/month:

The Deal:
EXTRA $100 bill credit because of loyalty
Complimentary Call Forwarding add-on valued at $5/month for 24 months (I specifically requested this feature so I can forward calls to my assistant when I'm not available)
$50 bill credit as per the Cyber Monday offer
$50 new activation/renewal fee waived as per the Cyber Monday offer

The Phone Plan:
$90/month
Unlimited 60 CAN-US plan (this plan includes unlimited call/text to US numbers as well as unlimited Can-US roaming across Canada and the United States)
60GB of shareable data at high-speed and endless data at reduced speeds
Unlimited nationwide and North American wide data with no overages
Unlimited nationwide and North American wide talk & text
Unlimited international texts, including picture and video messaging
Call display, Call waiting, Conference calling

The Phone:
I opted for the Samsung S20 FE 5G promo deal for $5.83/month with a $100 buy-out at the end of the 24 months.
The phone deal seemed like a no-brainer to me. I've read the reviews and watched the YouTube videos and the S20 FE 5G is on-par with the S21 5G.
The S20 FE 5G will cost me $5.83/month for 24 months ($140) and $100 at the end of the 24 months if I choose to keep it instead of bring-it-back.
So for $240 spaced out over a period of 24 months, I get a phone easily valued at $600+ in today's market.

The S21 5G on the other hand, was $26.38/month for 24 months with a $207 buy-out. That's a total of $840 (vs the $240 for the S20 FE 5G).
Seeing as how both phones are similar (practically speaking) and that some reviewers actually mentioned the S20 FE 5G being better than the S21 5G is some respects (screen size, battery life, speakers), I'd much rather get the S20 FE 5G for $600 less than the cost of the S21 5G.

Anyways that was the deal I locked into for the next 24 months and I'm pretty happy with it considering I'm not eligible for EPP. Thanks to this thread for inspiring me to give Telus a call Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Last edited by Saywer2010 on Nov 30th, 2021 1:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Newbie
Mar 13, 2015
14 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
RockyMtns27 wrote: I’m an existing TELUS home services customer with 3 home services (Internet, Optik TV & home phone), and was porting in mobile lines from Freedom.
Nice! Thank you! I'm also an existing Internet + Optik TV customer. :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 3, 2012
2301 posts
1105 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
I did the math, and had I waited until Cyber Monday and done the non-EPP plan for the whole family, I could have saved $15/month.

I feel bad I didn't get the absolute best price. Black Friday and Cyber-Monday specials are always a bit of a gamble. If you go into soon you miss out on something better. If you wait to long you miss out all together.

I am still quite satisified though. As I definitely came out of ahead of any other time of the year.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 30, 2007
760 posts
1455 upvotes
Calgary
docbill10 wrote: I did the math, and had I waited until Cyber Monday and done the non-EPP plan for the whole family, I could have saved $15/month.

I feel bad I didn't get the absolute best price. Black Friday and Cyber-Monday specials are always a bit of a gamble. If you go into soon you miss out on something better. If you wait to long you miss out all together.

I am still quite satisified though. As I definitely came out of ahead of any other time of the year.
You started this thread, put in the work and ended up taking one for the team, hey? Been there, kinda sucks, but we appreciate your efforts in helping us get a great deal too!

Top