Expired Hot Deals

Telus Black Friday

Telus EPP (Part 2) 20 GB CAN-US $65/month etc.

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2022 8:41 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1162 posts
1156 upvotes
Kingston
Traveled many times to the US on my previous version of this exact same plan I've had for several years (lower data, no unlimited) and never saw any extra charges. You will receive a "Welcome to the USA, since you have a Can-US plan, use you all your plan features at no additional charge" text and then a "Welcome back home" when you return to Canada.
May 20, 2013
14 posts
19 upvotes
Hamilton
I wonder if my tablet add-on is included in the US data..
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1162 posts
1156 upvotes
Kingston
Should be, if you have any other lines with shared data on the same account, so long as one of the shared data pools is Can-US the whole shared data pool is Can-US. This was confirmed by a couple other posters in this tread, search for details if you like.
Jan 15, 2004
427 posts
48 upvotes
Calgary
Looks like this 25 gig plan is no longer available. Someone I work with just called in, referenced the plan I was put on and they couldn't find it in their system.They said the plans have promos each month and things change around often so to try back another time. They did get signed up on the 20 gig Can-USA plan for the same price
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
2301 posts
1105 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
pacman wrote: Looks like this 25 gig plan is no longer available. Someone I work with just called in, referenced the plan I was put on and they couldn't find it in their system.They said the plans have promos each month and things change around often so to try back another time. They did get signed up on the 20 gig Can-USA plan for the same price
The Black Friday and Cyber-Monday deals expired at 2pm and 3pm PST on the 30th.

The next big set of promotions will probably be Boxing day. The could be better, they could be worse, or they could be a rerun of the same promotions.

I will keep an eye out as maybe I can snag some bonus data or such.
Jan 4, 2013
154 posts
116 upvotes
RICHMOND
@booruce thanks for the nudging, found a good rep at the end of the night who promised to give 20 off instead of 15 for the 24 months. Hopefully he's not full of it lol, will find out in 2-3 months
Aug 30, 2007
760 posts
1455 upvotes
Calgary
rfdlurkerguy wrote: @booruce thanks for the nudging, found a good rep at the end of the night who promised to give 20 off instead of 15 for the 24 months. Hopefully he's not full of it lol, will find out in 2-3 months
I hope not too! I had my TELUS analyst confirm, in writing, that I will be getting $20 discount/line/month for bundling with my home internet/TV/phone services.
Jan 4, 2013
154 posts
116 upvotes
RICHMOND
RockyMtns27 wrote: I hope not too! I had my TELUS analyst confirm, in writing, that I will be getting $20 discount/line/month for bundling with my home internet/TV/phone services.
Let's hope so, have more faith in Telus then I would Rogers
Jan 4, 2013
154 posts
116 upvotes
RICHMOND
My plan is to swap out my current Telus numbers with the 20gb us lines, still waiting for the sims. Looking for easiest transition as possible. Would it be best to use Koodo/pm for the port in/out process? Or would I have issues telus interswitching?
Jan 4, 2013
154 posts
116 upvotes
RICHMOND
Just received a bill from Telus, did anyone else get charged a connection fee? Was pretty sure the rep said it would be waived

Edit
Wife remembers rep saying would be waived after 2 or 3rd bill. I was under the impression that's when the credits show up
Feb 7, 2008
547 posts
316 upvotes
St Catharines
Hi folks, Can-US 65 here, check your online portal/bills if you were successful in obtaining the 25GB promotion. Mine reverted to 20GB and my Visual Voicemail deactivated - I called in and was able to get both re-applied. The new agent was not able to find the 25GB offer in the system but was able to contact the original agent to obtain the necessary "code". It is now showing as correct in MyTelus again.

If the new agent is unable to find the 25GB plan, refer them to the date of your last call-in/interaction.
All the best folks,
~M
Mobile: Telus Can-US EPP 25gb 65$ 2021 (thread)
TV: FTA Antenna (free OTA TV channels, thread)
Home Phone: Freephoneline VOIP + Obi VOIP adapter (free home phone, thread)
Internet: CarryTel (thread)
Feb 7, 2008
547 posts
316 upvotes
St Catharines
noXpression wrote: For anyone that ordered a device online from the EPP portal, have you received any feedback and/or updates yet? I ordered the iPhone 12 last Wednesday.

I was sent two separate emails: a receipt shortly after purchase and an update that Telus received my order the next day. Still can’t track it in the system though.
Got my tracking/shipment info, coming today (Mon Dec 6). FYI see my post above as well, my 25 reverted to 20 and lost my VVM when the phone order processed. I was able to get both back by calling in. All the best, ~M
Mobile: Telus Can-US EPP 25gb 65$ 2021 (thread)
TV: FTA Antenna (free OTA TV channels, thread)
Home Phone: Freephoneline VOIP + Obi VOIP adapter (free home phone, thread)
Internet: CarryTel (thread)
Oct 25, 2011
31 posts
28 upvotes
WINDSOR
mgrimace wrote: Got my tracking/shipment info, coming today (Mon Dec 6). FYI see my post above as well, my 25 reverted to 20 and lost my VVM when the phone order processed. I was able to get both back by calling in. All the best, ~M
Thanks for the update! I went through the exact same issue on Friday. Rep also reverted and returned what I had (25GB CAN+US). Funny enough, I received the shipping notification and service agreement 2 hours before I received the phone via UPS.
Jun 21, 2007
131 posts
17 upvotes
I just called to see if there's any way they could add visual voicemail for free on my 20gb / $50 plan, or my second line which is 30gb Can-US, and they said it wasn't possible right now. YMMV but that was a bummer for a quality of life upgrade that I use twice a month and am not willing to pay for.
Mar 13, 2015
14 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
So just an update on the Cyber Monday consumer 20gb US-CAN plan.

Unfortunately it doesn't include vvm. But I had a chat with an online rep and she gave it to me for $2/month. Small win I guess 🥲.
Dec 8, 2013
524 posts
284 upvotes
British Columbia
I was able to call in and get the VVM and International text with the 20GB CAN-US plan. Just tell them it was there in the morning before they changed it in the afternoon. Use the screenshot that was posted here a few pages back.

In other news, I got my first bill, the $5 Black Friday credit comes in at $4.47 (excl tax) so the plan actually is $75 - $4.47 + tax which is NOT how the website showed the Black Friday credit. It showed as $75 - $5 + tax.

Why is Telus nickel and diming us literally pennies on the dollar????
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
2288 posts
427 upvotes
Торонто
rfdlurkerguy wrote: My plan is to swap out my current Telus numbers with the 20gb us lines, still waiting for the sims. Looking for easiest transition as possible. Would it be best to use Koodo/pm for the port in/out process? Or would I have issues telus interswitching?
if you haven't already done this, pm would be the fastest. the whole process takes literally 5 mins. you need pm sim $$ and top up on the cheapest plan ($15)
Dec 8, 2013
524 posts
284 upvotes
British Columbia
divincenzo2 wrote: I wonder if my tablet add-on is included in the US data..
it would need to be the specific US-CAN tablet add-on.
Dec 8, 2013
524 posts
284 upvotes
British Columbia
MaDgamEr wrote: Should be, if you have any other lines with shared data on the same account, so long as one of the shared data pools is Can-US the whole shared data pool is Can-US. This was confirmed by a couple other posters in this tread, search for details if you like.
You have it mixed up.

Shared data pools all count towards the total GB you get, but you still need to be on a Can-US plan PER line if you want that specific line to be able to roam in the US for free.

For example if you have:
Line 1 - Can-US 20GB
Line 2 - Can Only 20GB
Line 3 - Can Only 20GB

You would all be sharing 60GB, Line 1 can use all 60GB in the US, but Line 2 and 3 will be charged easy roam to use any part of the 60gb in the US.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1162 posts
1156 upvotes
Kingston
booruce wrote: You have it mixed up.

Shared data pools all count towards the total GB you get, but you still need to be on a Can-US plan PER line if you want that specific line to be able to roam in the US for free.

For example if you have:
Line 1 - Can-US 20GB
Line 2 - Can Only 20GB
Line 3 - Can Only 20GB

You would all be sharing 60GB, Line 1 can use all 60GB in the US, but Line 2 and 3 will be charged easy roam to use any part of the 60gb in the US.
Makes sense. Thanks for straightening that out.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)