• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2020 8:47 pm
[OP]
Aug 2, 2015
286 posts
361 upvotes
Toronto

[Telus] TELUS EPP Plan $68/20gb, $11/month iPhone 11 64GB

Just renewed my Telus EPP account, got 20GB for $68/month and an iPhone 11 64GB for $11/month (bring back plan, or keep it for $190 after 2 years) on 2 year plan.
Also could find some deals on the SE and iPhone 11 128GB but I really didn't need anything more than 64GB.

Not sure which companies qualify for it, but a bunch of my buddies have Telus EPP so it should be bigger companies.
I used Your text to link here... which worked fine, and your company portal should have all the details and similar deals as well.
Images
  • Capture.PNG
29 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2009
1037 posts
607 upvotes
Toronto
If this was for an 11 PRO some people might consider it a deal
Apr 16, 2020
17 posts
46 upvotes
I have an offer for:
$20/month Iphone 11 64GB with $55/10GB. Does anyone know if this is a good deal? (This is from rogers)
May 23, 2017
37 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
Can you use EPP deals if your company does not have any agreement with TELUS?
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2011
1209 posts
955 upvotes
Vancouver
Will there ever be epp deals for 1-2gb?
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3688 posts
5127 upvotes
BC
Seems overpriced for the 11, plus you have to pay $190 to buy it out.

Last year it was $65/20GB and you could get a XR for an extra $2.50/month = $67.50/m and no buyout at the end of the term.
Nov 24, 2008
122 posts
460 upvotes
Bridgewater
peakingduck wrote: Seems overpriced for the 11, plus you have to pay $190 to buy it out.

Last year it was $65/20GB and you could get a XR for an extra $2.50/month = $67.50/m and no buyout at the end of the term.
Definitely not saying this is the best deal ever, but this easily the best deal over the last few months from what I've been tracking. I jumped on one for the wife.
Sep 10, 2018
45 posts
31 upvotes
sligg wrote: Definitely not saying this is the best deal ever, but this easily the best deal over the last few months from what I've been tracking. I jumped on one for the wife.
That’s a great deal right now. Partner got the 11 with the consumer 10gb/$75 plan only a couple of days ago for $ 22 a month. Telus has a great family discount option so our Bill is lower. Plus after we sell her pixel, we’ll use that to pay a lump sum towards the 11. The 11 is a great phone for a decent price, especially if you get it for a discount from the carriers and you intend to keep it for the two years or more. Yes the 12 will be better, but so will the 13 and 14 after that. I say go for it if it suits your needs 👍🏼
Feb 8, 2007
515 posts
254 upvotes
Toronto
Wasn't the 20GB Peace of Mind plan $63.75 a few months ago, and $64 just a couple of weeks ago? Did Telus now raise it again to $68? This sucks if so - I've been waiting til the new iPhone 12 release to change plans!

And does this plan include 5G service once the 'free trial' period ends?
Jan 1, 2016
197 posts
210 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
This is a joke from Telus right? I personally would not sign a 2 year service agreement worth 80 bucks a month ($85-90 a month if you keep the phone) for a non 5G phone.

Yes 5G is only in big cities right now but 2 years is a long time for cell service/technology. One of the reasons I would consider to be ripped off by Telus/Rogers/Bell is for the included 5G service. And ofc non 5G phone. Classic.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2007
2414 posts
954 upvotes
got my mom iphone XS + 20gb at rogers 2 months ago for 74.99/month and didn't have to pay for phone after 2 years too.
PSN: Sakaban
May 15, 2005
336 posts
109 upvotes
Do you have to get a phone? Or can you just get the plan with your current device?
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1104 posts
387 upvotes
Victoria
RamanjitS96770 wrote: Telus has a great family discount option so our Bill is lower.
Can you advise what the family discount option is with Telus? Every time I look at Telus the overall 2 year cost is sooo much more than I can get elsewhere, but it's because I don't need 10gb of data and they don't have smaller plans to match their subsidiaries, at least not advertised plans that I can see. Now, if I could share that 10gb of data across 3 or 4 plans... and not have to pay an incremental price for the additional lines that really isn't more than 1 or 2 gb plans that can be had elsewhere... but I'm just not finding that with Telus site. Well, I see family discount of 2 lines saves $5 per line, and 3 lines, $10 per line... but that doesn't seem like much.
Sep 2, 2003
855 posts
203 upvotes
GTA
churmundur wrote: I have an offer for:
$20/month Iphone 11 64GB with $55/10GB. Does anyone know if this is a good deal? (This is from rogers)
Do the math, figure out if it works for you, you need to figure that out.
peakingduck wrote: Seems overpriced for the 11, plus you have to pay $190 to buy it out.

Last year is last year, last year we did not have a covid19 concern, last year we did not have a lockdown; last year they subsidized phones, this year they don't subsidize phone. considering they're not subsidizing phone anymore its not bad deal but not a great deal. the price for service needs to go down, we all know it should be less, now that cellphone companies are not subsidizing the phones they to drop the plan price but this is Canada overpay then cry about it later
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3688 posts
5127 upvotes
BC
sonspot wrote: Do the math, figure out if it works for you, you need to figure that out.

Last year is last year, last year we did not have a covid19 concern, last year we did not have a lockdown; last year they subsidized phones, this year they don't subsidize phone. considering they're not subsidizing phone anymore its not bad deal but not a great deal. the price for service needs to go down, we all know it should be less, now that cellphone companies are not subsidizing the phones they to drop the plan price but this is Canada overpay then cry about it later
What do you mean phones aren't subsidized anymore? Look at cost of the iPhone 11 in this EPP plan and compare it to retail price. Difference = subsidized amount.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3674 posts
2000 upvotes
Halifax
peakingduck wrote: What do you mean phones aren't subsidized anymore? Look at cost of the iPhone 11 in this EPP plan and compare it to retail price. Difference = subsidized amount.
The telcos are trying to move to a finance only model, but still try to get away with charging through the nose for their in market plans. A not so well hidden price increase. That is not working well for them, so they have to go back to desperation tactics to reach their quarterly goals.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2007
1151 posts
375 upvotes
bridonca wrote: The telcos are trying to move to a finance only model, but still try to get away with charging through the nose for their in market plans. A not so well hidden price increase. That is not working well for them, so they have to go back to desperation tactics to reach their quarterly goals.
yeah its nuts now. i got a new note 9 and $55/5gb plan two years ago for like $300 at the time. fast forward 2 years and latest note on similar plan renewed contract is like $1400. Nice.

Better off going with zoomer, sellng their phone and buying an unlocked phone on sale .
Sep 10, 2018
45 posts
31 upvotes
MikeyCanuck wrote: Can you advise what the family discount option is with Telus? Every time I look at Telus the overall 2 year cost is sooo much more than I can get elsewhere, but it's because I don't need 10gb of data and they don't have smaller plans to match their subsidiaries, at least not advertised plans that I can see. Now, if I could share that 10gb of data across 3 or 4 plans... and not have to pay an incremental price for the additional lines that really isn't more than 1 or 2 gb plans that can be had elsewhere... but I'm just not finding that with Telus site. Well, I see family discount of 2 lines saves $5 per line, and 3 lines, $10 per line... but that doesn't seem like much.
yup, same discount per additional line; $5,10,15 etc.
the way i see it; $75-$15 (3 lines) = $60 per line. since the balance of the phone is charged over 24 months in addition to that, we decided to sell her old phone, use that to pay a lump sum towards the amount that would originally be charged over 24 months (balance / 24 months).
if you do your math right, you could actually set it up so that the discount (in my case $15 per line) and the payment for the phone itself offset each other. essentially, you're just paying for the regular monthly plan for 1 line ($75 plan -$15 discount +$15 financing). Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
15058 posts
4000 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Guys if you want a deal, just wait till Black Friday. Otherwise don't bother shopping any other time of the year.
Spending too much money thanks to RFD
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2007
1151 posts
375 upvotes
geokilla wrote: Guys if you want a deal, just wait till Black Friday. Otherwise don't bother shopping any other time of the year.
i am inclined to agree, if there are any deals to be had its then. ill just BYOD until then,