TELUS EPP Plan $68/20gb, $11/month iPhone 11 64GB

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2020 8:47 pm
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1652 posts
1156 upvotes
Vancouver
rage2021 wrote: i am inclined to agree, if there are any deals to be had its then. ill just BYOD until then,
What's the benefit of BYOD? I've been looking into it since my contract is expiring in a few months. I'm happy with my current phone and don't foresee it dying on me for another two years at least. I looked around on BYOD plans and the data/talk/text plans are the same price as if I were to get a new phone on two year contract.
May 4, 2006
656 posts
354 upvotes
Mississauga
If anyone has access to Rogers EPP plans, below is an example what you can get (This is with CPA discount)

Infinite 20GB Plan - $58
iPhone 11 64GB - $27.91
Plus you get a $300 Activation Bonus, works out to a $12.5 a month credit
Total would be $73.41
Jan 21, 2004
323 posts
4 upvotes
scamit wrote: If anyone has access to Rogers EPP plans, below is an example what you can get (This is with CPA discount)

Infinite 20GB Plan - $58
iPhone 11 64GB - $27.91
Total would be $73.41
does CPA get EPP plan? or how does one get "CPA" discount?
Oct 2, 2015
573 posts
257 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
scamit wrote: If anyone has access to Rogers EPP plans, below is an example what you can get (This is with CPA discount)

Infinite 20GB Plan - $58
iPhone 11 64GB - $27.91
Total would be $73.41
I'm not seeing this offer anywhere on Rogers EPP?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
5762 posts
2018 upvotes
Toronto
Alivenate wrote: What's the benefit of BYOD? I've been looking into it since my contract is expiring in a few months. I'm happy with my current phone and don't foresee it dying on me for another two years at least. I looked around on BYOD plans and the data/talk/text plans are the same price as if I were to get a new phone on two year contract.
It means you can jump to a new contract and phone when there is a real deal, as people anticipate on Black Friday. Who knows what BF will bring this year though.

But if you really want the lowest possible cost and don’t care about a new phone, simply buy a phone that’s easy to flip BNIB and use that money towards your monthly fees. Here, you’d be getting an iPhone 11 for about $450 or so. You could flip it for $850? Then your plan goes down monthly to about $52, on a nationwide reliable carrier. Up to you to decide whether that’s good enough or not.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1652 posts
1156 upvotes
Vancouver
milhaus wrote: It means you can jump to a new contract and phone when there is a real deal, as people anticipate on Black Friday. Who knows what BF will bring this year though.

But if you really want the lowest possible cost and don’t care about a new phone, simply buy a phone that’s easy to flip BNIB and use that money towards your monthly fees. Here, you’d be getting an iPhone 11 for about $450 or so. You could flip it for $850? Then your plan goes down monthly to about $52, on a nationwide reliable carrier. Up to you to decide whether that’s good enough or not.
BYOD is also month to month right? So you basically just jump on the best deal depending on the carrier and switch carriers if necessary.. I would assume then you'd be getting retention/winback calls upon cancellation then?
May 4, 2006
656 posts
354 upvotes
Mississauga
gtirsmiley wrote: I'm not seeing this offer anywhere on Rogers EPP?
Maybe its exclusive to CPA discounts.
Mar 3, 2006
182 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
skyc280 wrote: does CPA get EPP plan? or how does one get "CPA" discount?
You become a chartered professional accountant, probably not with the effort for the 30% savings.

houston
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
1574 posts
2495 upvotes
Pointe Claire
So here's kind of a deal if you are on a crappy plan elsewhere and don't need a new phone in 2 years or bringing a family member over with a BYOD to Telus EPP that can potentially get a better rate or more GB, or maybe for your kids. It's $58.50 for 10gb month in Quebec. The iPhone 7 32gb is priced at zero with a two year plan. If you sell it for $240, it effectively brings cost of plan to $48.50 month for 10gb. Downside is you can't upgrade the line in two years without paying off the phone. Just a thought... and you can't down vote me either Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)