• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2020 7:00 pm
[OP]
Nov 17, 2002
323 posts
201 upvotes
Victoria, BC

[Telus] Telus Gigabit Purefibre Internet Unlimited Data - $85/month BC and AB

Looks like this is live again. I was able to call in to Loyalty and upgrade my 150/150 that had 6 months left of $65/month and they were able to start me on a new 2 year term.

I was not able to get the bill credit.

ps. I don’t know why it says Toronto as my profile is clearly in BC.
Last edited by hiredmuscle on Jun 27th, 2020 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
331 replies
Jan 12, 2007
11 posts
29 upvotes
Brampton
Alberta and BC only in case people don't know about Telus coverage for Internet.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2007
1193 posts
743 upvotes
Is anyone annoyed by the fact that they took out the map that showed all the places where Telus Fibre currently exists and going to be deployed from their website?

Turns out it was because they were deploying Fibre only in posh areas and the map allowed people to call them out on their bullshit.

Telus is the Karen of the ISP world.

EDIT: I am talking inside major cities people. Not rural areas.

EDIT2: Omg these internet keyboard warriors. Listen up. I am sh1t talking because of hearsay that is 2 years old ok? Why? because it's fun. Stop sliding your anime spectacles up your nose and pretending you are on Ace Attorney.
Last edited by craeyon on Jun 27th, 2020 8:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Apr 23, 2016
399 posts
439 upvotes
Kelowna
craeyon wrote: Is anyone annoyed by the fact that they took out the map that showed all the places where Telus Fibre currently exists and going to be deployed from their website?

Turns out it was because they were deploying Fibre only in posh areas and the map allowed people to call them out on their bullshit.

That is categorically false. That would actually make sense if they were doing that however. In my area they were launching in rural areas years before they made it to city centers.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2007
1193 posts
743 upvotes
R35gtr wrote: That is categorically false. That would actually make sense if they were doing that however. In my area they were launching in rural areas years before they made it to city centers.
That is not true for Calgary atleast. Telus Fibre infrastructure is not cheap. They have to make their money. They can't do that by putting it in poor areas.

Let me hate on Telus and show what the poor people are missing out on ok? Stop ruining my fun.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1848 posts
1289 upvotes
craeyon wrote: That is not true for Calgary atleast. Telus Fibre infrastructure is not cheap. They have to make their money. They can't do that by putting it in poor areas.

Let me hate on Telus and show what the poor people are missing out on ok? Stop ruining my fun.
What do you consider a poor area in Calgary?
The thing is Fibre plans are cheaper than copper plans with Telus.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2011
1079 posts
159 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Call again, I called and they gave it to me without any fuss, though my contract for 150/150 was up in a few weeks.

Nyd
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
3539 posts
2324 upvotes
GTA
Why is this on Toronto's forum? This should be on Albertaflagdeals or something...Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Aug 9, 2007
370 posts
161 upvotes
craeyon wrote: Is anyone annoyed by the fact that they took out the map that showed all the places where Telus Fibre currently exists and going to be deployed from their website?

I live in one of the poorer area in the city and they just installed fibre around september of last year
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
1727 posts
991 upvotes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If you have other Telus Home Services or Koodo

You should get an extra $10 off your Telus bill
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2007
1193 posts
743 upvotes
Chewfam wrote:
What do you consider a poor area in Calgary?
The thing is Fibre plans are cheaper than copper plans with Telus.
Kenjuta wrote:
I live in one of the poorer area in the city and they just installed fibre around september of last year
I am bitter that I live in a upper middle class neighbourhood in Calgary and I don't have Fibre. I have to deal with this 75 Mbps horseshit. How am I supposed to stream 4K HDR movies?
Mar 9, 2019
136 posts
397 upvotes
St. John's
Y’all are spoiled. Meanwhile SK is ran by Sasktel and speeds are 25down 2up in most areas.