Expired Hot Deals

[Telus] Telus Internet 150 now comes with 150mbit upload, priced the same as 50, and free unlimited, Telus FTTH areas only

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2016 8:36 pm
Jan 17, 2003
620 posts
68 upvotes
BC
Sievert wrote:
Boodie wrote: "Telus Internet 150 now comes with 150mbit upload, priced the same as 50." ???

This is only with bundled services. Just got off the phone with Telus and if you want internet only its $130.00 per month. $83 if bundled.

can any of you doing speed tests confirm you have inetrnet 50 only and are hitting 150?

TIA
I have internet 150 only and I have 150 up.
and how much do you pay per month? same as internet 50? $83?
Oct 20, 2004
206 posts
32 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
Woah, just checked mine and getting 168/168 on fibre in PoCo area. Account page still says my plan is 150/30 but looks like new speeds are in effect.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2014
1490 posts
857 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Boodie wrote: and how much do you pay per month? same as internet 50? $83?
$50.
I had the Telus internet 50 plan for $73/month (after my promo expired and the extension also expired). I had an appointment with Shaw to install their 150 plan but called Telus and asked them to match it and they did.
Nov 15, 2007
661 posts
174 upvotes
1-anh wrote:
2003fxdl wrote: This thread prompted me to look at my Telus bill to make sure they were giving me what they agreed to. Telus had agreed to $47/month for 12/mth for 150mbps. Turns out the discount is only showing for 6 months. Might want to double check your bills if you were offered the same or similar. Not overly impressed, and will be moving to Shaw if they don't honor their end of the deal.
Hey i got offered the same thing just call them they told me when signing up that a few of their credits they can only apply for 6 months at a time but they would put a note on your account to have it reapplied at the 6 month point of it so it will last for a full year. Hope this helps!
I was told the same thing when I called to get this promo. But they also told me you have to call in again after 6 months, because the promo for the next 6 months will not activate automatically, you have to call to tell them to activate it.
Public Mobile + Fido 3GB $15 Tablet Plan (50% off for 24 months)
Feb 24, 2009
663 posts
210 upvotes
gzlwl wrote:
1-anh wrote:
2003fxdl wrote: This thread prompted me to look at my Telus bill to make sure they were giving me what they agreed to. Telus had agreed to $47/month for 12/mth for 150mbps. Turns out the discount is only showing for 6 months. Might want to double check your bills if you were offered the same or similar. Not overly impressed, and will be moving to Shaw if they don't honor their end of the deal.
Hey i got offered the same thing just call them they told me when signing up that a few of their credits they can only apply for 6 months at a time but they would put a note on your account to have it reapplied at the 6 month point of it so it will last for a full year. Hope this helps!
I was told the same thing when I called to get this promo. But they also told me you have to call in again after 6 months, because the promo for the next 6 months will not activate automatically, you have to call to tell them to activate it.
Hey that is correct unfortunately we will have to call them to remind them but at least were not on contract so we still have options in case something better comes along.
Jan 10, 2013
369 posts
174 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
The rep I talked to said it would only say 6 months because that's the longest they can activate a discount. He said he'd be renewing the "6 month" promotion again after the first 6 months ended.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5028 posts
1510 upvotes
Vancouver
nathanf wrote: The rep I talked to said it would only say 6 months because that's the longest they can activate a discount. He said he'd be renewing the "6 month" promotion again after the first 6 months ended.

Got the same message when i called back in May to get a discount
Jul 11, 2004
890 posts
155 upvotes
What the...no availability on the east side of Vancouver or Burnaby, but, availability in Pender Harbour/Sechelt/Gibsons!
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2094 posts
761 upvotes
Spinner wrote: Even if you don't go for 150 Mbps service Telus will discount your current 25 Mbps service, i.e. you will be paying less than $50.
And how do I get Telus to discount my current 25/5?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
18379 posts
2780 upvotes
Langley
growler wrote: What the...no availability on the east side of Vancouver or Burnaby, but, availability in Pender Harbour/Sechelt/Gibsons!
Yeah, but if you've been to both East Van and the Sunshine Coast, you'd know why.

But seriously, it's being rolled out with apparently similar priority to small and medium sized cities as it is to big cities. I don't really see how someone could have a problem with that... but I know that some people will.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3364 posts
2036 upvotes
Vancouver
Seks wrote:
Spinner wrote: Even if you don't go for 150 Mbps service Telus will discount your current 25 Mbps service, i.e. you will be paying less than $50.
And how do I get Telus to discount my current 25/5?
By politely asking the rep.

Explain the attractive $49.90/month deal from Shaw for 150 Mbps service. If your area doesn't offer Telus 150 or 100 service in your area, that's great because it's another bargaining chip. Telus will probably offer 50 Mbps service for around $35. Push on the fact that 50 Mbps service is 1/3 of Shaw's 150 so the price should be discounted accordingly.
Mar 8, 2008
206 posts
144 upvotes
Edmonton
I just spoke with Telus's loyalty department and they switched me over to the 150 from 100 while saving $10.00 a month. It's a win for me.
The CSR on the phone confirmed to me that it's 150 down and 150 up.
Jan 13, 2007
920 posts
73 upvotes
just tested my speed in calgary, still on the 150/30mbps... How do I get them to upgrade to 150/150?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
2975 posts
491 upvotes
Alberta
Anyone had luck getting their Internet 50 to 50/50?

I don't have higher speeds in my area.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)