Hot Deals

[Telus] Telus Online Exclusive Offer (Internet 75 $45/month + $200 Credit) 2 year term (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2019 1:39 am
[OP]
Dec 13, 2014
3 posts
3 upvotes
Edmonton, AB

[Telus] Telus Online Exclusive Offer (Internet 75 $45/month + $200 Credit) 2 year term (YMMV)

Saw this on the website..It's currently way better than their current student deals. Combined with the 200 credit it comes out to about $37 per month for half decent internet.
Images
  • Telus Deal.jpg
49 replies
Nov 3, 2009
977 posts
387 upvotes
Calgary
Not able to get the deal. I think it's for certain addresses.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6463 posts
3343 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Telus gave me a great offer the other day when I went to renegotiate my Internet plan.

Fiber Internet 300 with Unlimited Data @ $60/month for 2 years (rate locked and confirmed via email that there will not be any price increases during that 2yr period).
Mar 25, 2008
373 posts
645 upvotes
Vancouver
I live in Vancouver and I only see $150 bill credit. And only if you do 2 years contract.
Nov 29, 2006
961 posts
249 upvotes
Woah! wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 1:53 pm
Telus gave me a great offer the other day when I went to renegotiate my Internet plan.

Fiber Internet 300 with Unlimited Data @ $60/month for 2 years (rate locked and confirmed via email that there will not be any price increases during that 2yr period).
They can NEVER tell you there will be absolutely no price increases. How they charge is a base price for the service and then they add a bunch of promotions (with expiry dates generally) to make the total price a certain amount. However, if there is an across the board price increase for the base price, then your prices will indeed go up by that amount. If that happens, you will need to call in and then try to get them to give you another discount offsetting the base price increase and is YMMV. It's a hassle for sure.

With all that being said, I believe TELUS already recently had a base increase to their internet services and even more recently had a $5 base increase to their TV services, which affected everybody across the board with TELUS. I would assume another price increase is unlikely in the near future.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1415 posts
776 upvotes
Calgary
How did people get this to show up? I can't seem to repeat it.
I've tried being logged out. I've tried selecting different provinces. I've tried doing it on my phone while not on WiFi.

I've also tried doing this while logged into an existing telus account.
Can't get this to show up. What triggers it? What is the situation for OP?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1415 posts
776 upvotes
Calgary
ktkn wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 2:27 pm
They can NEVER tell you there will be absolutely no price increases. How they charge is a base price for the service and then they add a bunch of promotions (with expiry dates generally) to make the total price a certain amount. However, if there is an across the board price increase for the base price, then your prices will indeed go up by that amount. If that happens, you will need to call in and then try to get them to give you another discount offsetting the base price increase and is YMMV. It's a hassle for sure.

With all that being said, I believe TELUS already recently had a base increase to their internet services and even more recently had a $5 base increase to their TV services, which affected everybody across the board with TELUS. I would assume another price increase is unlikely in the near future.
removed
Last edited by Suthek on Jul 13th, 2019 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2005
1125 posts
107 upvotes
Vancouver
Suthek wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 3:38 pm
I believe you misunderstood what he said. He wasn't given fixed prices for two years for nothing. He was given a contract for two years.
Through a contract, you can have fixed prices. The benefit of a contract term of two years is the prices are fixed. They can't raise prices until the contract is done. Once the contract is over though, they can slam you with whatever the current market rate is.
This applies to most cellular service contracts also. If you are in a 2 year agreement, they can't increase your bill. But you're SOL once the contract is done.

This is one of the rare reasons a contract is beneficial to the consumer. This is the purpose of a contract.
You can't leave... but at least you know what your price will be for the next 2 years.
I am coming to the end of my "2 Year contract" and can tell you Telus will raise the price, and when you complain they send you the contract with highlighted section that says they have the right to increase prices. No contract is safe with Telus.
Graphic Designer
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1415 posts
776 upvotes
Calgary
perfectg wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 4:02 pm
I am coming to the end of my "2 Year contract" and can tell you Telus will raise the price, and when you complain they send you the contract with highlighted section that says they have the right to increase prices. No contract is safe with Telus.
That's odd. I've never heard of that. Do you know what section that is? I'll have to dig up my Telus contract.
I haven't witnessed what you're describing.
Jun 19, 2019
2 posts
Vancouver, BC
These appear to be for Copper services only. Telus's fibre has the same download and upload speeds.

They also have different prices based on your area (small towns vs large cities).
Aug 4, 2004
738 posts
195 upvotes
Vancouver
"The monthly promotional price total mentioned above includes all promotions effective at the start of your service. This total will change as and when the promotions expire according to the promotion end date. Taxes extra, except where stated. *Includes taxes."

"Price protection
Regular pricing applies from the end of a promotional period. TELUS reserves the right to modify regular pricing at any time. Current published rates will apply for your TELUS Internet and TV service, and we’ll inform you at least 30 days in advance of any rate changes."

Nowhere in the service agreement does it state they're allowed to change the agreed upon price, IF you negotiated that specific price and not just the discounts. If you negotiated discounts of say, $45/mo then you may be hooped. But if you negotiated a set price of say $50/mo you should be okay. They can change regular pricing but if you're on a promotional price, that regular price shouldn't affect you until after your promotional period expires.
Licensed Automotive Technician
Aug 7, 2007
747 posts
87 upvotes
Metro-Vancouver
i don't see this promotion in my account. maybe because I have 3 months left in my contract. probably going to switch to Shaw after
Nothing to sell for now :)

All junk... i mean stuff are sold ^^
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2007
4503 posts
1210 upvotes
Suthek wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 3:38 pm
I believe you misunderstood what he said. He wasn't given fixed prices for two years for nothing. He was given a contract for two years.
Through a contract, you can have fixed prices. The benefit of a contract term of two years is the prices are fixed. They can't raise prices until the contract is done. Once the contract is over though, they can slam you with whatever the current market rate is.
This applies to most cellular service contracts also. If you are in a 2 year agreement, they can't increase your bill. But you're SOL once the contract is done.

This is one of the rare reasons a contract is beneficial to the consumer. This is the purpose of a contract.
You can't leave... but at least you know what your price will be for the next 2 years.
That's wrong. I have multiple accounts and they are all on 2 yr contract. One service went up by $5 across the board and then other service went up $5 as well if I remember correctly.