• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2020 5:46 pm
[OP]
Oct 26, 2011
85 posts
171 upvotes
Vancouver

[Telus] TELUS PureFibre Gigabit unlimited $85/76/mo [Vancouver]

Get a $200 bill credit when you order online. Follow the link above. If you take this into account, then it's effectively $76.67/mo for 940Mbit.
Update Feb 07: Instead of $200 bill credit now, it's a $50 bill credit. Makes the 76.67 change to $82.92/mo.

Includes:
Save $70/month for 24 months (Total savings of $1,680)
Additional $200 online bill credit 1
Up to 940 Mbps download and 940 Mbps upload speeds2
Advanced Wi-Fi Modem rental3
Unlimited home internet data4
Offer requires a 2 year term.
Regular price of $155/mo and unlimited data $15/mo applies thereafter.
Fees apply for early cancellation.2

1 Offers subject to change without notice. Available to residential customers who have not subscribed to TELUS Internet in the past 90 days. Cannot be combined with other promotional offers. Offer includes Gigabit internet. From month 1–24, a $70/mo discount applies. Regular price, currently $155/mo, applies after the 24-month term. Regular price is subject to change. All prices do not include applicable taxes. $0 unlimited data offer is only available to customers signing up on a 2 year internet service agreement. Regular pricing for Unlimited Data add-on applies at month 25, regular price is currently $15 per month and is subject to change without notice. Minimum system requirements apply. Final eligibility for the services will be determined by a TELUS representative. A cancellation fee applies to the early termination of your internet service agreement, which will be the sum of $240, declining by $10 for every month of Internet service and reducing to $0 at the end of your 2 year term. Rental equipment must be returned in good condition upon cancellation of service, otherwise the replacement cost will be charged to the account. Maximum speeds require optimal network conditions on a wired connection. Internet access speeds may vary depending on location, usage within the home network, Internet traffic, applicable network management or server configurations. Concurrent data streams, including combinations of uploads and downloads, may be required to access maximum speeds. Maximum speeds may not be achievable using a single device.

2 Traditional copper wire or copper wire hybrid networks are subject to capacity constraints and environmental stresses that do not affect TELUS fibre optic technology, which is based on light signals. Not available in all areas.

3 Internet access speeds may vary depending on location, usage within the home network, Internet traffic, applicable network management or server configurations. For a description of TELUS’ network management practices, please see telus.com/networkmanagement.

4 As ranked by PCMag Gaming Quality Index based on comparison of major Canadian ISPs using over 37,000 tests conducted between December 1, 2018 and December 6, 2019. Reprinted with permission. © 2020 Ziff Davis, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

5 $0 Unlimited data offer is only available to customers signing up on a 2 year internet service agreement. Regular pricing for Unlimited Data add-on applies at month 25, regular price is currently $15 per month and is subject to change without notice.

Network logos and names are trademarks of their respective owners. All copyrights for images, artwork and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. TELUS, telus.com, the TELUS logo, TELUS PureFibre, Optik, Optik TV and the future is friendly are trademarks of the TELUS Corporation, used under license. Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance. All copyrights for images, artwork and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Last edited by GerardOD on Feb 10th, 2020 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
190 replies
Dec 2, 2019
2 posts
2 upvotes
Hey Thanks for posting this one! Saw this and also saw the ad on my facebook .. Called Telus right away since i recently upgraded to Fiber services when my family moved last December to Langley from Richmond.. Parents only had the regular 75mbps inet plan in our old house so when we moved here in Langley.. we were able to upgrade to Fiber which what i wanted to do.. Anyways we were on the 750mbps plan and was paying $115 a month for it with unlimited data.. tried talking to loyalty department in December to get the best price but wasn't able to get a really good deal..

So fast forward to today.. Called telus and told my concern to the first csr.. he ended up forwarding me to the loyalty department .. So i told him my concern about the new promotion that i saw today from Telus which was the $85/month gigabit plan for 2 years.. i said i'm paying $115 a month for 750 and was wondering if i can get the same promotional plan and pricing since i have been on the new fiber services last December.. so its only been a month for our telus services here.. So the loyalty department csr looked at my account for a few minutes and guess what.. HE OFFERED the $85/mo gigabit plan for 2years! I was really happy cause i'm going to be saving $30 a month for the next 2 years and getting a little faster internet! YMMV but i think they would probably give this deal to existing customer just to keep us happy! Goodluck and hope you guys get the same deal!

Only thing i wished for is telus would invest in better equipment so that there will be less frustration esp with wifi speeds and signal! Wifi speed isnt the greatest with the telus equipment but hoping it would be better down the road so we could actually achieve 90% of our speed thru wifi as well!
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3226 posts
608 upvotes
I wish I could get this In Mississauga, Ontario. Where I live.
Nov 18, 2017
301 posts
179 upvotes
I managed to get them to drop the price of my 750/750 to $65/month for 2 years by showing them this, thanks OP!
Jul 7, 2013
11 posts
3 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks for posting! I have 8months left on my contract and they offered me for the rest of my term $85 for gigabit also on student plan so it was cut down to $55.
Nov 10, 2003
113 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks!

They said it was supposed to be for new customers only when I called them, but gave it to me anyways. It doesn't say anything about new customers on the web page offer.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
2709 posts
3616 upvotes
Langley, BC
DVS wrote: Thanks!

They said it was supposed to be for new customers only when I called them, but gave it to me anyways. It doesn't say anything about new customers on the web page offer.
Yes it does... "1 Offers subject to change without notice. Available to residential customers who have not subscribed to TELUS Internet in the past 90 days."
Sep 11, 2017
63 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Anyone care to share the loyalty #?
Jan 16, 2009
358 posts
121 upvotes
Vancouver
G0diva wrote: Anyone care to share the loyalty #?
1-888-811-2323
then 4, and 2... or say "disconnect or loyalty" in voice prompt
Sep 11, 2017
63 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
MauriceT28842 wrote: Wifi speed isnt the greatest with the telus equipment but hoping it would be better down the road so we could actually achieve 90% of our speed thru wifi as well!
I've heard the current Wifi 5 standard max outs at 300-400MB/s. So you'll never get 950MB/s on Wifi, only wired. But still fast none the less.

With Wifi 6 coming the speeds will be over a 1GB/s
Sep 11, 2017
63 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
wayneg9999 wrote: 1-888-811-2323
then 4, and 2... or say "disconnect or loyalty" in voice prompt
It worked!. Called Telus and spoke with the CSR loyalty rep Diane. She upgraded me to this offer! Was on the 750MB/s for $115/month plan since October. Thanks RFD!
Mar 11, 2002
757 posts
186 upvotes
no such luck for me.. I'll try again but the with 11mths left on my contract, the agent suggested I cancel and pay the $110 in early cancellation and get my wife to signup online to get the $200 billing credit rather than just give it to me for $85.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
26045 posts
11491 upvotes
As ridiculous as this sounds, in terms of fiber internet in Vancouver this is actually cold.

I'm paying $40/month through Urbanfiber for gigabit.

Granted... the coverage area for Urbanfiber is basically nothing so if you're able to get this in anything but like 2 dozen condos, this is pretty hot.

EDIT: Dammit. My address isn't even available.
Even though it's double the price I kind of wanted a backup line.
I'm stuck in peasantville with DSL.
Last edited by death_hawk on Jan 31st, 2020 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2056 posts
1584 upvotes
Vancouver
**** you Coquitlam and your refusal to allow TELUS in to build out fibre here. Going to be the only city in BC soon without it. "Oh but we have our own QNET" except its only through dogshit resellers in almost no building offering shit service for shit prices and basically 0 actual fiber service or gigabit speeds. And they are winding down QNET.

Most hated thing about Coquitlam for me by far.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2415 posts
966 upvotes
Burnaby
evanwier wrote: **** you Coquitlam and your refusal to allow TELUS in to build out fibre here. Going to be the only city in BC soon without it. "Oh but we have our own QNET" except its only through dogshit resellers in almost no building offering shit service for shit prices and basically 0 actual fiber service or gigabit speeds. And they are winding down QNET.

Most hated thing about Coquitlam for me by far.
oh man, i thought it was just my area that had Shaw only.