Expired Hot Deals

Telus Black Friday

Telus Small business Offer for RBC Clients - BYOD - 30GB for $45 for 4 lines or more

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 12th, 2022 4:06 pm
Sep 10, 2020
18 posts
7 upvotes
Guys, those looking to get this deal, PM me. I have a rep on standby working over the weekend who can help you get this deal
Oct 13, 2001
592 posts
82 upvotes
Fredericton
I’m on this same (similar) SMB deal from 2 years ago; the RBC credits drop off my account in Dec but the offer and the link to generate new codes does not appear under my RBC account. I find that odd as my RBC account has not changed.

Did you discuss phone prices, specifically iPhone 12 or 13, with your rep?
ankitkidd05 wrote: Guys, those looking to get this deal, PM me. I have a rep on standby working over the weekend who can help you get this deal
Mar 7, 2011
66 posts
78 upvotes
Is there something I have to opt in to as an RBC customer with a small business account?
Sep 10, 2020
18 posts
7 upvotes
dirk wrote: I’m on this same (similar) SMB deal from 2 years ago; the RBC credits drop off my account in Dec but the offer and the link to generate new codes does not appear under my RBC account. I find that odd as my RBC account has not changed.

Did you discuss phone prices, specifically iPhone 12 or 13, with your rep?
Not sure if this deal is for existing customers
Sep 10, 2020
18 posts
7 upvotes
piperzoe wrote: Is there something I have to opt in to as an RBC customer with a small business account?
The rep can help you with the process to get codes. Send me a PM for contact details of the rep.
Mar 20, 2011
505 posts
1659 upvotes
So I initially signed up for the $60/40gb BHell plan... was suggested by the OP to read this thread and ended up calling Telus at 1-877-352-0898 as listed on the bottom of THIS PAGE

Spoke to a very nice and patient lady and told them I was an RBC client. She initially asked me for a code but as I started asking her if I can find the code using my RBC online banking, she simply went into her own system and just got me a code. i.e. - depending on the rep you get, you really don't even need to be an RBC client.

For me I was porting over 5 lines... she offered me the 40gb shareable plan for $85 - $20 (multi-line discount) - $8 (RBC promo) - $5 (BYOD discount) for a total of $52/mth. She asked if I was an existing client of Telus, to which I'm not, and was told had I been I could have had another $5/mth off per line (starting to wonder if I could have told her yes and whether she would actually check...

But anyway, $52 for 40gb and the agent told me they don't jack up the price annually like BHell and but still has the same reception and speed as BHell... pretty sweet.

Can anyone with experience with Telus comment on whether the agent was just BSing me about them not jacking up the price annually? BHell always only guarantees the discount, but the base price is subject to increase every year, so the price you pay still goes up... Telus really doesn't do this? They grandfather whatever rate you're getting now until you decide to change or cancel??
[OP]
May 2, 2015
571 posts
506 upvotes
Toronto, ON
chun_man17 wrote: So I initially signed up for the $60/40gb BHell plan... was suggested by the OP to read this thread and ended up calling Telus at 1-877-352-0898 as listed on the bottom of THIS PAGE

Spoke to a very nice and patient lady and told them I was an RBC client. She initially asked me for a code but as I started asking her if I can find the code using my RBC online banking, she simply went into her own system and just got me a code. i.e. - depending on the rep you get, you really don't even need to be an RBC client.

For me I was porting over 5 lines... she offered me the 40gb shareable plan for $85 - $20 (multi-line discount) - $8 (RBC promo) - $5 (BYOD discount) for a total of $52/mth. She asked if I was an existing client of Telus, to which I'm not, and was told had I been I could have had another $5/mth off per line (starting to wonder if I could have told her yes and whether she would actually check...

But anyway, $52 for 40gb and the agent told me they don't jack up the price annually like BHell and but still has the same reception and speed as BHell... pretty sweet.

Can anyone with experience with Telus comment on whether the agent was just BSing me about them not jacking up the price annually? BHell always only guarantees the discount, but the base price is subject to increase every year, so the price you pay still goes up... Telus really doesn't do this? They grandfather whatever rate you're getting now until you decide to change or cancel??
hey man.. glad you are working with Telus. quick observation.. RBC discount should be $10. not sure where is $8 coming from. I was offered net $45 for 4 lines (upto 9 lines). if you are RBC client and cant get this price with your rep, PM me. I will try to connect you with the rep I am working with. I am yet to sign anyting as I am looking for black Friday deals on devices. right now, they dont have any sale prices on popular devices.
Sep 16, 2011
821 posts
1346 upvotes
LONDON
What is this $10 off? do I need to activate/purchase a phone to get it which equates to $240? Also, what happens after 24 months. it says that the regular price will apply, does that mean that I will pay $80 for each line assuming I have 4 lines.

Offer is $10 off of the $80/mo. Unlimited 30GB for Business plan on a 24 month term. Price after discount is $70/mo. for 24 months. The $10 discount will apply for 24 months, and after this period it will revert to regular price. These prices exclude data-add ons or features and do not include TELUS
Sep 16, 2011
821 posts
1346 upvotes
LONDON
ankitkidd05 wrote: Guys, those looking to get this deal, PM me. I have a rep on standby working over the weekend who can help you get this deal
What credits is your rep giving?

Scenario:

Port 5 lines to Telus on BYOD

Port 5 lines to Telus and get a phone on each.

The way they wrote the offer confuses me, especially the $10 off which is gone after 24 months
Mar 20, 2011
505 posts
1659 upvotes
trijunction wrote: hey man.. glad you are working with Telus. quick observation.. RBC discount should be $10. not sure where is $8 coming from. I was offered net $45 for 4 lines (upto 9 lines). if you are RBC client and cant get this price with your rep, PM me. I will try to connect you with the rep I am working with. I am yet to sign anyting as I am looking for black Friday deals on devices. right now, they dont have any sale prices on popular devices.
I dunno man... that's the info I got as well as the email confirmation she sent.
Images
  • telus.jpg
Sep 10, 2020
18 posts
7 upvotes
zackaroli wrote: What credits is your rep giving?

Scenario:

Port 5 lines to Telus on BYOD

Port 5 lines to Telus and get a phone on each.

The way they wrote the offer confuses me, especially the $10 off which is gone after 24 months
I believe all credits are applicable for 24 months also. Again , I would suggest to take up with rep and ask for a proper written quote
Dec 13, 2020
170 posts
178 upvotes
The $10 is post tax savings, so on my current deal I get a discount of 8.85 per line ($10 savings after tax).

I have an existing account and my rep says that the Telus rbc offer and hardware upgrade credit can be combined, so should be good for other existing small business customers.
Sep 10, 2020
18 posts
7 upvotes
PunjiPower wrote: Can we get individual billing for each employee ?
Nope, has to be under one account. Each employee can pay their own part through rbc banking though
Dec 13, 2020
170 posts
178 upvotes
It looks like bell has a better offer now (through Costco). 325 port in credit per line + Costco gc +10% off plan.

I’ll see if anything better comes up this week, but looks like a Costco trip is in order.
Sep 22, 2020
48 posts
31 upvotes
demanche1 wrote: It looks like bell has a better offer now (through Costco). 325 port in credit per line + Costco gc +10% off plan.

I’ll see if anything better comes up this week, but looks like a Costco trip is in order.
This is with Telus? I was under the impression that Costco doesn't have Telus.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2353 posts
2275 upvotes
Montréal
This looks much worse than the deal 2 years ago

2 years ago it was 65$
-20 or 25$ (Multi line)
-10$ ( rbc)
-400$ port ln credit
-s20s and XRs were price glitched and could be sold for a profit
-the net cost of the lines was under 10$

Rogers so far has best year 38.70$ tax included for 5 lines 40GB data, BYOD, 2yr contract.
Sep 17, 2009
231 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
samthomas260226 wrote: Thanks for the information. I received the same promotion from a TELUS rep.

For new customers for 4 lines

$35 for unlimited 30 Gb data (it includes $240 port in credits)

For existing customers

$35 for unlimited data and the rep also offered $200 extra hardware credit.

It seems to be a really nice black Friday deal.
Any link or contact for 35$ for 30 gb data.. Signed for 40 gb 50$ for multiple lines but I don't need that much data
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3996 posts
1096 upvotes
How do you get this deal?
[OP]
May 2, 2015
571 posts
506 upvotes
Toronto, ON
thesubmitter wrote: This looks much worse than the deal 2 years ago

2 years ago it was 65$
-20 or 25$ (Multi line)
-10$ ( rbc)
-400$ port ln credit
-s20s and XRs were price glitched and could be sold for a profit
-the net cost of the lines was under 10$

Rogers so far has best year 38.70$ tax included for 5 lines 40GB data, BYOD, 2yr contract.

This plan looks great,.. I messaged thesubmitter about where to find this but anyone has any idea about this?